West Brook @ Katy-Predictions

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35-17 Katy. WB O-line must protect Stump if we want to have a chance. Last year he was chased around after Reyes was injured and turned it over a lot. Hard to blame Stump on those TOs last year though but he and the offense can't give Katy extra possesions. Defense needs to limite big plays, those have hurt us early on. D has improved each week.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1057391" timestamp="1316095329"]
[quote author=pe2009 link=topic=88108.msg1056921#msg1056921 date=1316027745]
35-6 Katy
[/quote]42-8 ;)
[/quote]Tell me I dont know our team well! I predicted the above score would be the final, and I was dang close! The final was 42-7! I think I deserve a few +karma points for that! ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1059519" timestamp="1316311885"]
Katy took their foot off the gas.
[/quote]As they do in every game when they're clearly the better team. They are a classy enough program, to not run up the score when they obviously could. WB was clearly no match for Katy tonight. Just sayin.....

I was there.  Katy killed WB from the get go.  Their OL pushed us around and they ran at will.  Their QB was phenomenal and made great choices for a high school QB.  Our "passer" can't seem to see more than the receiver he picks from the huddle and watches him the whole time and if he's not open he just runs.  Then the head coach gets on other players and never gets in his QB's face...hmmmm?
Tonight proved it's time to start getting a QB of the future some snaps...Sorry coach, how do they say?  There is no "Son" in Team?  or something like that...

[quote name="bruiser92" post="1059672" timestamp="1316325478"]
Tonight proved it's time to start getting a QB of the future some snaps...Sorry coach, how do they say?  There is no "Son" in Team?  or something like that...
[/quote]
Nah I think Stump did just fine considering the defense he was up against. Thought he made good decisions and moved the ball. The scoreboard didn't show that but he wasn't bad and there's no better option right now.

I was there.  Katy killed WB from the get go.  Their OL pushed us around and they ran at will.  Their QB was phenomenal and made great choices for a high school QB.  Our "passer" can't seem to see more than the receiver he picks from the huddle and watches him the whole time and if he's not open he just runs.  Then the head coach gets on other players and never gets in his QB's face...hmmmm?
[/quote]
You ever play QB?...ever play football?...other than little league...

I was there.  Katy killed WB from the get go.  [b]Their OL pushed us around and they ran at will.  Their QB was phenomenal and made great choices for a high school QB[/b].  Our "passer" can't seem to see more than the receiver he picks from the huddle and watches him the whole time and if he's not open he just runs.  Then the head coach gets on other players and never gets in his QB's face...hmmmm?
[/quote]Typical Katy football. This is why they have 6 state championships to their credit......oh, and great defense!

Whether or not someone played football or at what level they played is totally irrelevant.  There have been plenty of D1 coaches and at least 1 NFL Head Coach, who never played football.  So someone's experience as a player alone does not qualify them to analyze and critique or to teach apparently.

Stump, looks at one receiver the entire play.  He was tackled for how many losses by lineman who chased him down.  Sure the OL has issues as well.  However, when you are the son of a proclaimed super college QB and head coach of your team, you better be prepared to be under a microscope.  Furthermore, not once did I see Coach rant and get in his son's face, but he has no problem doing that to other players.  I notice he tends to sit alone and isn't surrounded by his recievers and RB's like most QB's in the past.  I'm just saying that there seems to be a respect/leadership issue, and I don't blame the kid.

[quote name="bruiser92" post="1059865" timestamp="1316370409"]
Whether or not someone played football or at what level they played is totally irrelevant.  There have been plenty of D1 coaches and at least 1 NFL Head Coach, who never played football.  So someone's experience as a player alone does not qualify them to analyze and critique or to teach apparently.

Stump, looks at one receiver the entire play.  He was tackled for how many losses by lineman who chased him down.  Sure the OL has issues as well.  However, when you are the son of a proclaimed super college QB and head coach of your team, you better be prepared to be under a microscope.  Furthermore, not once did I see Coach rant and get in his son's face, but he has no problem doing that to other players.  I notice he tends to sit alone and isn't surrounded by his recievers and RB's like most QB's in the past.  I'm just saying that there seems to be a respect/leadership issue, and I don't blame the kid.
[/quote]
OK ...let me edumacate u...let me learn u something...IN THIS offense a play is called to one side of the field...most of the times...IF a QB is looking at a receiver...I agree with u..that QB is wrong...but for you to say he's starring down one receiver, like you're in hi helmet...nah...doubt it...Second, have u heard the term "READ THE DEFENSE"...this happens twice...one before the snap/and then AGAIN TO THE SIDE THE PLAY IS CALLED after the snap...the QB will be looking at a LB to make a choice or a DB in cover 2 to step up and cover the short route or go deep and give up the short route...heard of the term "PICK A PART A DEFENSE" this would be what a QB is doing when he is "STARRING DOWN A RECEIVER"......don't u think playing the position/game would have helped a bit here(as far as understanding goes)....ALL LEVELS...yes this means NFL too...for a better understanding YES it would help if you knew a lil about football...and to critique absolutely would help a lot more.

I don't care if your name is JOE MONTANA jr...11 men take the field for this sport, one play at a time...to execute the majority of the plays, even if you're a decoy..

..If you're in trouble are you looking for Jerry Rice or freakin Joe Blow?....you don't have to answer that....like I said...it helps when you've played the game, the position, and coached....

AS for someone being under a microscope, it's called being a hater... :o

If you were at the game bruiser, then you must not have been watching, because your analysis of Stump is ridiculous.... Look at the numbers.... The kid did not have a bad game... That Katy defense was as good as he will EVER play against, and I can't fault him for that.... You talk about the fact he was stopped for a loss, how about because the offensive line was overmatched, as well as the rest of the offense.... Once again, you can't fault anyone on the West Brook side for that.... Those kids from Katy are just that good....

Now, what you are doing is bashing a high school kid, saying that it's daddy ball, and once again like the rest of the misplaced comments on this board, referring to the idea that he is only quarterback and get's off without criticism from the coaches because he is the coach's son.... So unfair for you to say that about a kid who has played pretty dang well so far this season....

I hope that you lay down tonight and feel good about yourself....

We'll see...I hope so...Hope all of you other Stump Lovers are right and I'm totally wrong.  If so I will post a public apology and eat crow...and yes I agree the offensive line got beat up pretty good...

As far as giving me the "inside scoop" on the plays, explain to me how WB scores more points during district play than they have so far in the first 4 games against not exactly the cream of the crop other than Katy.

I'm interested to know why "they will be fine."  Is it because they will win or because 4 teams go to the playoffs...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1056836" timestamp="1316022383"]
[quote author=#1 Manager link=topic=88108.msg1056791#msg1056791 date=1316019398]
Katy by alot!!! Sorry WB, its hard to hang with Katy!  :D
(especially when u struggle with Central) ::)
[/quote]What's the eye roll for?
[/quote]

Cause Soulja, its not like im putting yall down, but if WB struggles with yall. Its gonna be hard to compete with one of the best teams in the State let alone the Nation

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33