Golden Traingle

Is there anything better (don't answer - it's rhetorical). I'm proud of the Golden Triangle thus far. The 3-AAA and 4-AAA leagues laid the hammer down!!!!

Last thing I'll say - don't ever count the Nederland Bulldogs out when they are smelling the playoffs. I know I "hate 'em when we play 'em" but they flat out get the motor running when it's time to........ Steady dose of Micah Might Mend Memories.................

Silsbee has as good a shot as anyone now in Div I......

Right back at ya... 8)

Looking forward to supporting the Golden Triangle area whether the Dogs are in it or not. I'm looking forward to my 1st weekend of all out playoffs this weekend. WOS on Friday then Central and Nederland on Saturday. I hope its not my last multi game weekend.

I agree......small school football is the best in East Texas......anything above 3A though has to go to the Metro-Plex.......4 out of 4 state champs (2 4A and 2 5A) were from up here......I look for the same thing this year with a couple of exceptions......I am pulling for Texas High this week but if Highland Park wins, they should repeat.......SLC (or Trinity wins big 5A).......Katy probably wins small 5A, but do not count out Grapevine.......HP in big 4A and Everman in small 4A.......I am a big fan of Southeast Texas football but it just does not compare to the D/FW area......you cannot understand it until you have been a part of both.....

Guest bleed orange

Southeast Texas has a proud tradition in all sports. Alot of kids have gone on and did good things at the college and professional level. But this was a down year as far as football goes and it showed in the playoff's. This year should be motivation for next year. The 2A,3A and 4A districts were weak this year. I am not trying to say anything bad about anyone. Some teams had a great year. Its was just not our year in southeast texas. But we will regroup and reload.

SE Texas football is falling behind.......I do not know why but when you get out of the Golden Triangle, you see a lot more sophistication offensively and defensively.......No way should PA Memorial ever lose a game.......They have North Shore type talent......Ozen the same way and in 3A WO-S has better talent than anyone in the state........WO-S can get away with some of the stuff they do in the GT because nobody matches up with them speed wise.......get someone that has a little speed and they have all kinds of problems (Giddings)........GT teams need to start branching out and keeping up with the rest of the state or you are in for several more years of this type of finish.......

I have not seen Westbrook play but I hear they have fashioned their offense and defense to those of the rest of the state and not just tried to run it down your throat like everyone else down there......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder