And another thing on the QB's

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="Raider88" post="1052862" timestamp="1315599896"]
Thank you AggiesWeAreNot!! [b]Lol I guess maybe I am not as stupid as some of you think[/b]! Lol
[/quote]

I'm not convinced.  Woodard is not picking his Navarro buddy.  Did anyone think about the fact that maybe Prewitt's practices have not been as good as his season last year?  I realize he ended well last year, but this is not last year.  If he is not the best QB, will you blindly not accept it that someone else has taken the spot?  Ridiculous...support your alma mater like you did your country!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1052639" timestamp="1315585005"]
[quote author=Raider88 link=topic=87886.msg1052463#msg1052463 date=1315568890]
[b]Well obviously the best player doesn't always play at LU![/b]  ???  Note to future players: if you do not fit in the model football player criteria, don't waste your time trying to play ball at LU! You may play a few games but they will get someone from a JC or transfer to replace you. No matter how good of a job you did!
[/quote]

You got to be kidding. What a joke. ::)

To suggest that a coach on the collegiate level would not play his best players is ludicrous. You simply have no clue.
[/quote]Doug served his purpose last year filling in for the injured qb. He would have to be equal to or better than Bevil or Johnson in every skill set before he would get a real shot. Every college coach's recruits are given the more opportunity and played before walk-ons or the previous coaches players.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1052937" timestamp="1315606144"]
I can't believe you guys are still talking about this.  If you look at the game stats Prewitt has negative rushing yards while Bevil and Johnson did not (all games, not just Texas College).  Because Prewitt is the better passer, he did pretty well last year to finish the season with two home games against relatively weak teams.  With no rushing game whatsoever Lamar needed an accurate (if not spectacular) passer.  But he's not the best fit for the offense that Lamar wants to run this year.  But I bet he'll move up fast on the depth chart if Bevil throws a ton of interceptions like he did last year.  Johnson hasn't played enough to know if he can throw the ball accurately at this level.
[/quote]  This has to be the most lame argument I've heard on this subject. For starters, QB's throw the ball unless you are running the option.  Even so, Prewitt has better than average athletic ability so he can run...probably better than Bevil.  Anyway, he is getting screwed.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1052937" timestamp="1315606144"]
I can't believe you guys are still talking about this.  If you look at the game stats Prewitt has negative rushing yards while Bevil and Johnson did not (all games, not just Texas College).  Because Prewitt is the better passer, he did pretty well last year to finish the season with two home games against relatively weak teams.  With no rushing game whatsoever Lamar needed an accurate (if not spectacular) passer.  But he's not the best fit for the offense that Lamar wants to run this year.  But I bet he'll move up fast on the depth chart if Bevil throws a ton of interceptions like he did last year.  Johnson hasn't played enough to know if he can throw the ball accurately at this level.
[/quote]

when people post  nonsense....you know they were on the couch and not at the game

coach..why did prewitt have negative rushing yards????

A SHOTGUN SNAP THAT MISSED HIM BY 5 FEET!!!

Get the real info before posting jibberish

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1054887" timestamp="1315786989"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=87886.msg1052937#msg1052937 date=1315606144]
[/quote]

when people post  nonsense....you know they were on the couch and not at the game

[/quote]

What's his excuse for the other games?

[quote name="coachacola" post="1055153" timestamp="1315826063"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=87886.msg1054887#msg1054887 date=1315786989]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=87886.msg1052937#msg1052937 date=1315606144]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What's his excuse for the other games?
[/quote]

you pick up a box score and read minus 17 and think..dang he sucks, without knowing how that minus 17 happened.

[quote name="Raider88" post="1052761" timestamp="1315592555"]
Served our Great country!  ;D
[/quote]

You're not only one on here that has served our Great country! I have, too. So, according to you I have EARNED the right to say anything on here, too. So, here goes.
You need to get over your "mancrush" for Prewitt. He ain't going to be the starter unless Bevil and JJ are injured. Prewitt did do a good job last year. However, somebody else on here said he thought it was Prewitt's job to lose going into this season, I happen to agree, and it looks like he lost it! He was outplayed and injured for 3 weeks during Falll workout and he lost the job. Get over it and move on. I'm not thrilled about Bevil being the starter, either, but I'm not at prictice everyday evaluating the QBs, Ray is. Contrary to your belief, at the college level the coach will put on the field the best 11, on each side of the ball, he feels he has. He has too, or he loses games and then he loses his job. That's my 2 cents.

Guest baseball25
I know what it takes and Hussey didn't have what it takes, because if he did he wouldn't have quit and you think hussey got screwed!! If hussey had what it takes then he would have proved everyone wrong and stayed on the team and took somebodys spot but that didn't happen. He didn't even have to play rb he could have stepped up to the plate and told the coaches that he wants to be part of this team if its special teams and etc but did that happen??

[quote name="basketball25" post="1058132" timestamp="1316192890"]
I know what it takes and Hussey didn't have what it takes, because if he did he wouldn't have quit and you think hussey got screwed!! If hussey had what it takes then he would have proved everyone wrong and stayed on the team and took somebodys spot but that didn't happen. He didn't even have to play rb he could have stepped up to the plate and told the coaches that he wants to be part of this team if its special teams and etc but did that happen??
[/quote]

Amen!

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1058171" timestamp="1316197419"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=87886.msg1058165#msg1058165 date=1316196567]
[quote author=Titletown2 link=topic=87886.msg1058109#msg1058109 date=1316190138]
I have. I played for Terry Bowden!
[/quote]

When did you play for Bowden?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why just the 1 year?

[quote name="basketball25" post="1058132" timestamp="1316192890"]
[/quote]

You tell em sweet smellum

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder