Nederland 48 Galena Park 7 Final/Comments

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Best Nederland played all year on the defensive side. Dravanti Johnson played like a big time div 1 player. The offensive line blew GP off the line, Mosley and FB Bass ran hard.

It was hard to tell if GP was weaker than the our district foes or Nederland has really stepped it up. Since it was a very impressive defensive showing, I will go with Nederland getting better.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Nederland played all year on the defensive side. Dravanti Johnson played like a big time div 1 player. The offensive line blew GP off the line, Mosley and FB Bass ran hard.

It was hard to tell if GP was weaker than the our district foes or Nederland has really stepped it up. Since it was a very impressive defensive showing, I will go with Nederland getting better.[/quote

You said it well what you said about the Johnson kid. I was on ground level when the punt went over the GP punters head at which time he piled drived him into the ground. I posted it on another thread but he is the best looking lineman I have seen since Eddie Jones from Kilgore last year.

Couldn't agree more. That was the most complete game I have seen in a while. Talk about total domination. Our kids needed a win like that in a bad way. Everyone had a good game. Let's keep it up. Especially on defense. It was nice to see our defense in their backfield all night. Hats off to that Grogan kid. He's going to be a good one...already is.

Man you have got to give credit to #12 Grogan. Im going to say it just like it is. That kid is bad to the bone. He was a wildman out there tonite. Knocking the stuffing out of everything in site on defense, special teams he even beat the receiving team to the ball on a kickoff and picked it up and ran it in, too bad you cant advance an untouched ball but we still regained possession and immdiately scored none the less. HE was everywhere the ball was all night long and elevated the defensive play by 50% just being out there. Bigtime heads up player and a massive impact out there .

Dravannti showed a new level of speed on a couple of occasions. He had a takedown on one play where he came from the backside and closed on the ballcarrier with speed I have not seen since the night Yoder saved a TD by closing a 15yard gap with supernatural speed against Lincoln to save the win.

Although GP did not pass much, when they did our secondary was FINALLY consistantly in position to make the play. In previous weeks those throws would have been huge gainers.

Plus we saw that bigtime Bulldog bite that I have not seen in a couple of years from the collective group. All 11 players on the field seemed to be focused and determined to prevent GP from gaining a single yard.

And Micah, and all the other back for that matter were running with a new level of intensity and they all just refused to be tackled. It was really awesome. Great job from Alex, the offensive line, receivers, everyone played great.

Now the rubber is going to meet the road. Time to hookup with a legitimate playoff contender and see what we are made of. Im not going to make any predictions but I will say that I would have said NO WAY at 5PM tonite. But after tonites defensive and offensive performances that had the intensity I miss so much. I think maybe....just maybe... :evil: :twisted:

A lot of discussion goes on about the best coaching staffs and there are some good ones in southeast Texas. Larry Neumann has the reputation of being one of those coaches and some consider him to have the best staff in the area. This is especially true with the talent level that comes out of Nederland. You won't see any D1 recruiters beating down the door to the Nederland field house year after year.

Games like tonight just go to further Neumann's reputation though. Five weeks ago, Nederland was given up for dead by most people in the area and even by a few Bulldog fans. They were 1-4 and 0-2 in district. All they have done since then is win 5 out of 6 games and completely blow away their bi-district opponent. This is the 10th year in a row that Nederland has won their bi-district game.

Larry Neumann gears up the Bulldog's season aiming for the playoffs. They play a tough preseason schedule and makes a lot of changes heading into district trying to find the best combination of players. They always seem to be peaking near playoff time.

Nederland will be a heavy underdog next week and they should be. Lamar Consolidated is stacked with talent and has really put it on most of the teams they have played this year. It would not surprise me if Nederland gets hammered next week. They need to create some big breaks just to stay in the game. As long as Larry Neumann is the coach however, there is always that possibility.

Guest GoStangs

Congratulations to the Bulldogs! I enjoyed the game, and for anyone who wants to know, this wasn't nearly as close as the score would indicate. NED was a much stronger team than GP ever thought of being tonight.

BTW, Mike, what'd you think about the double reverse in the 2nd half? ;)

Congratulations to the Bulldogs! I enjoyed the game' date=' and for anyone who wants to know, this wasn't nearly as close as the score would indicate. NED was a much stronger team than GP ever thought of being tonight.

BTW, Mike, what'd you think about the double reverse in the 2nd half? ;)[/quote']

I was there and missed you?

BTW' date=' Mike, what'd you think about the double reverse in the 2nd half? ;)[/quote']

lol, I thought WOW for once a trick play that actually worked! :lol:

I saw it coming and I was NOOO, OH NOOO NOT AGAIN!! and then all of the sudden the heavens opened up and God smiled down on the Bulldogs for once and it worked perfectly. It was great. I Hate that he was a half step short of paydirt though. He earned a TD on that run. 8)

It was good to see you again tonite. I was serious about next weekend. When does WOS play?

Guest GoStangs

Admin, I was telling Mike at halftime it would work. NED really tips their hand to the direction of the play, and GP was completely and overly concerned with Mosley. GP played very undisciplined, and that's the kind of play that burns teams that can't keep their assignments.

etbu' date='

You were right about GP's lack of fan support. After an 8-2 season and going into the playoffs (and a short drive), you would think they could bring a crowd. What ashame it is for their players, band, etc.[/quote']

Bro you’re so right and it is very said. Did you hear the air horn go off on the GP side a time or to? That was yo but don’t tell anyone. Mostly the fans there were teachers, fans from other schools and Coaches. That is why we were trying to make some noise and get the fans going but to no avail.

Admin' date=' I was telling Mike at halftime it would work. NED really tips their hand to the direction of the play, and GP was completely and overly concerned with Mosley. GP played very undisciplined, and that's the kind of play that burns teams that can't keep their assignments.[/quote']

You sure did. Thats almost a direct requote.. You called it. :wink:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell