Liberty vs. Porter Predictions?

ncplaya

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
On paper and based on early season performance, I would say Liberty by 4 TDs. Games aren't on played on paper, though but that's what I would guess. Liberty shouldn't take anyone lightly, but Porter shouldn't get excited about beating lowly Scarborough as bad as they did.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
I don't think Scarborough has won a game in three years. They play the likes of Furr, Reagan, etc. in district every year. Hardin and Huntington are not powerhouses by any stretch but they would both beat up on Scarborough.

Guest incognito123
I am a Liberty supporter. I have many friends in the community and know several kids on the team.  I hope they have a great season.  Having said that, I fear they may be believing their own hype just a little too much.  They have been impressive so far this season, outscoring opponents 89-0.  Fitzwater has 6 td passes and 0 picks through two games.  I expect them to defeat Porter, but I do expect it to be a little closer then the first two weeks.  Week 3 is when I see their first true test.  Kelly will be strong, they are strong.  Liberty has to remain focused and quit believing that they have already won something.  If they get past Kelly, I feel there is a strong possibility that we could be headed toward a 9-0 Liberty vs a 9-0 Coldspring for the district title in week 10.  That would be great, but I still feel Coldspring is much better than Liberty.

I hear what your saying. Gotta hope they are a hungry group who doesn't pay attention to what people are saying. I commented on the strong start of the QB earlier. If he's a true competitor, he will read stuff like this and use it as a measuring stick against himself. He obviously has talent physically, hopefully he has it mentally too! Being an ex-QB myself, i appreciate stats like he has produced so far. Not only the goose egg for Ints, but his completion % being nearly 70% is really good for a HS QB.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1050622" timestamp="1315329318"]
I am a Liberty supporter. I have many friends in the community and know several kids on the team.  I hope they have a great season.  Having said that, I fear they may be believing their own hype just a little too much.  They have been impressive so far this season, outscoring opponents 89-0.  Fitzwater has 6 td passes and 0 picks through two games.  I expect them to defeat Porter, but I do expect it to be a little closer then the first two weeks.  Week 3 is when I see their first true test.  Kelly will be strong, they are strong.  Liberty has to remain focused and quit believing that they have already won something.  If they get past Kelly, I feel there is a strong possibility that we could be headed toward a 9-0 Liberty vs a 9-0 Coldspring for the district title in week 10.  That would be great, but I still feel Coldspring is much better than Liberty.
[/quote]

[quote name="incognito123" post="1050622" timestamp="1315329318"]
[/quote]

lets remember that post on here are fans opinions and do not necessarily reflect players beliefs..

I got Liberty by double digits in this one, they've put up 49 and 40 points on their opponents with their best player Jones touching the ball 9 times total on offense but still has the most touchdowns on the team with 3...that means Liberty has loads of targets in Williams, Mosely, Vaught, Antoine (Already 371 rushing yards), Melton, Fregia, and a really good QB...once they play a team (Kelly) maybe porter that will test their other targets they will unleash Jones and he will have two huge games like he had last year on those two teams.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="dreski" post="1050643" timestamp="1315330383"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=87764.msg1050622#msg1050622 date=1315329318]
[/quote]

lets remember that post on here are fans opinions and do not necessarily reflect players beliefs..
[/quote]

You and I both know that most of these new Liberty posters are players on the team.  That much has been admitted in other threads.  All I am saying is that they must stay hungry.  Resting on what they have accomplished so far would be a travesty.  They've beaten two teams who might win a combined 5 games this year.  They better keep it in high gear and not start coasting.  They have accomplished nothing.  Lots more work to do.  Keep doing it boys.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin