Liberty vs. Porter Predictions?

ncplaya

[quote name="incognito123" post="1051233" timestamp="1315404816"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=87764.msg1050643#msg1050643 date=1315330383]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=87764.msg1050622#msg1050622 date=1315329318]
I am a Liberty supporter. I have many friends in the community and know several kids on the team.  I hope they have a great season.  Having said that, I fear they may be believing their own hype just a little too much.  They have been impressive so far this season, outscoring opponents 89-0.  Fitzwater has 6 td passes and 0 picks through two games.  I expect them to defeat Porter, but I do expect it to be a little closer then the first two weeks.  Week 3 is when I see their first true test.  Kelly will be strong, they are strong.  Liberty has to remain focused and quit believing that they have already won something.  If they get past Kelly, I feel there is a strong possibility that we could be headed toward a 9-0 Liberty vs a 9-0 Coldspring for the district title in week 10.  That would be great, but I still feel Coldspring is much better than Liberty.
[/quote]

lets remember that post on here are fans opinions and do not necessarily reflect players beliefs..
[/quote]

You and I both know that most of these new Liberty posters are players on the team.  That much has been admitted in other threads.  All I am saying is that they must stay hungry.  Resting on what they have accomplished so far would be a travesty.  They've beaten two teams who might win a combined 5 games this year.  They better keep it in high gear and not start coasting.  They have accomplished nothing.  Lots more work to do.  Keep doing it boys.
[/quote]

to my knowledge only one guy on here is on the team.. dunno.. who ever said liberty was satisfied or not hungry? why is everyone assuming that because we're happy that we're 2-0 so far this year compared to 0-2 last year that we (liberty fans) are satisfied? i KNOW the players aren't.. everybody wants to be a "debbie downer" on here and try to keep these kids in the gutter which i find sad.. excuse us for not sayin "you've done nothing, don't be happy, blah blah.." btw.. i don't think ur tarkington horns will get A single win.. so.. maybe there should be more focus there..

[quote name="Hookm_Horns" post="1051347" timestamp="1315416504"]
[quote author=playa link=topic=87764.msg1049800#msg1049800 date=1315225851]
Ive seen Hardin and Huntington in film and they arent much better than Scarborough.
[/quote]

Agreed. When Liberty plays a team that is not Peewee league status, then the hype can begin. This week could be first real test.
[/quote]

same hardin team that beat tarkington.. right?

[quote name="playa" post="1051362" timestamp="1315418013"]
Who gives a flip about Tarkington?  No one cares about them.  And yes the Same hardin team that barely beat Tarkington.  You beat 2 teams that barely beat them.
[/quote]

"Don't be bringing down Major Applewhite's name into this. He's a UT icon! He has to make his rounds to some of these schools out of pity...that's the only way I can explain it. I'm not sure what you two are bickering about cause it's clear Liberty has its flaws. Let's get out of fantasy land...
You're tryin to tell me that Huntington will win by 3-4 scores? Are you insane? They were owned 54-28 last yr...You support your statements of how they have turned it around enough to not only win but win by that large a margin this time around. There's no wishful thinking in football!
You just better mark October 6 on your calendar cause that's where the real showdown is.

Hook'em horns!"

that's why i quoted hookm_horns.. i was actually talking to him.. an btw i didn't beat anyone.. i haven't played in years.. second what's your point?

[quote name="SetX6" post="1050374" timestamp="1315309332"]
[quote author=Panther087 link=topic=87764.msg1050355#msg1050355 date=1315286984]
When will Burks be back?  I heard he was injured.
[/quote]
There is no certain date.
[/quote]
OK, hope it is soon, I heard he was a beast on the D-line. 

[quote name="incognito123" post="1051233" timestamp="1315404816"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=87764.msg1050622#msg1050622 date=1315329318]
I am a Liberty supporter. I have many friends in the community and know several kids on the team.  I hope they have a great season.  Having said that, I fear they may be believing their own hype just a little too much.  They have been impressive so far this season, outscoring opponents 89-0.  Fitzwater has 6 td passes and 0 picks through two games.  I expect them to defeat Porter, but I do expect it to be a little closer then the first two weeks.  Week 3 is when I see their first true test.  Kelly will be strong, they are strong.  Liberty has to remain focused and quit believing that they have already won something.  If they get past Kelly, I feel there is a strong possibility that we could be headed toward a 9-0 Liberty vs a 9-0 Coldspring for the district title in week 10.  That would be great, but I still feel Coldspring is much better than Liberty.
[/quote]

lets remember that post on here are fans opinions and do not necessarily reflect players beliefs..
[/quote]

You and I both know that most of these new Liberty posters are players on the team.  That much has been admitted in other threads.  All I am saying is that they must stay hungry.  Resting on what they have accomplished so far would be a travesty.  They've beaten two teams who might win a combined 5 games this year.  They better keep it in high gear and not start coasting.  They have accomplished nothing.  Lots more work to do.  Keep doing it boys.
[/quote]

Very true...they must stay hungry. They're not used to winning so they naturally don't know how to act.

[quote name="dodiej" post="1051368" timestamp="1315418178"]
[quote author=playa link=topic=87764.msg1051362#msg1051362 date=1315418013]
Who gives a flip about Tarkington?  No one cares about them.  And yes the Same hardin team that barely beat Tarkington.  You beat 2 teams that barely beat them.
[/quote]

"Don't be bringing down Major Applewhite's name into this. He's a UT icon! He has to make his rounds to some of these schools out of pity...that's the only way I can explain it. I'm not sure what you two are bickering about cause it's clear Liberty has its flaws. Let's get out of fantasy land...
You're tryin to tell me that Huntington will win by 3-4 scores? Are you insane? They were owned 54-28 last yr...You support your statements of how they have turned it around enough to not only win but win by that large a margin this time around. There's no wishful thinking in football!
You just better mark October 6 on your calendar cause that's where the real showdown is.

Hook'em horns!"

that's why i quoted hookm_horns.. i was actually talking to him.. an btw i didn't beat anyone.. i haven't played in years.. second what's your point?
[/quote]

What can I say?...I was proved wrong. Am I convinced they are a force? Nope...pessimist? No a realist son...too many holes on that team and unless they man up and fix it, this 'dream' season will end quick.

[quote name="Hookm_Horns" post="1051374" timestamp="1315418619"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=87764.msg1051233#msg1051233 date=1315404816]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very true...they must stay hungry. They're not used to winning so they naturally don't know how to act.
[/quote]

what class are you referring to? some of your comments are juss ridiculous

[quote name="Hookm_Horns" post="1051377" timestamp="1315418954"]
[quote author=dodiej link=topic=87764.msg1051368#msg1051368 date=1315418178]
[quote author=playa link=topic=87764.msg1051362#msg1051362 date=1315418013]
[/quote]

Hook'em horns!"

[/quote]

What can I say?...I was proved wrong. Am I convinced they are a force? Nope...pessimist? No a realist son...too many holes on that team and unless they man up and fix it, this 'dream' season will end quick.
[/quote]

what "dream season" are you talking about? don't be mad cuz your team lost by 9 to a team we beat by 49.. bitter?

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="1051380" timestamp="1315419201"]
Porter 52-50. I believe Porters Sec is suspect (even though I've never seen them play). Liberty beat Who and Cares, [b]but they are ready for a parade![/b] Should be interesting!
[/quote]

what?? if their secondary is weak and liberty's passing game is their strength how do you figure? but anyways.. lets not forget a weaker liberty did beat porter in porter last year.. soo.. ok buddy. wait, you said they'd lose to huntington to right?

[quote name="Hookm_Horns" post="1051374" timestamp="1315418619"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=87764.msg1051233#msg1051233 date=1315404816]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Maybe the Liberty varsity isn't used to winning, but the class of 2013 at liberty has won in football and basketball since they were in 7th grade, they  didn't go undefeated in district every year but not one same team beat them every year, so this is the first time these kids have racked up a couple of wins.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder