Kelly v. Bridge City predictions

magic

[quote name="Fastball" post="1049440" timestamp="1315172562"]
BC comes back strong after Vidor lose. BC by 21-0
[/quote]

0 Points Really? Bridge City just gave up 21 points to a team that doesnt have nearly the talent at running back and receiver as Kelly. Kelly will have to play better on the defensive side of the ball this week and has to protect the ball and cut down on penalties, if they can do that it should be a great game to watch.

So far this season I haven't been sold on Kelly, even though the rest of the pollsters here on SETX have been telling me that they are good.... I was high on BC coming into the season, but they laid an egg last Saturday night....

I'm interested to see how this one plays out... If BC wins, I won't be surprised, they should win.... If Kelly wins, I'll become a full believer in the Bulldogs!

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1049498" timestamp="1315179072"]
[quote author=Fastball link=topic=87739.msg1049440#msg1049440 date=1315172562]
[/quote]

0 Points Really? Bridge City just gave up 21 points to a team that doesnt have nearly the talent at running back and receiver as Kelly. Kelly will have to play better on the defensive side of the ball this week and has to protect the ball and cut down on penalties, if they can do that it should be a great game to watch.
[/quote]
I've seen Barber and #2 from Vidor both this season, #2 would leave him in a race and he was burning BC to the outside, BC wasn't bad up front just couldn't contain the outside, so I say BC forces Kelly to pass or run to the outside and BC has the athletes to cover, Schrapps is cold though IDK I would say BC 35 Kelly 21

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1049498" timestamp="1315179072"]
[quote author=Fastball link=topic=87739.msg1049440#msg1049440 date=1315172562]
[/quote]

[/quote]I am not sure if we played kelly last year or the year before but I do know that Vidor did beat Kelly when we palyed them. Comparing Kelly and Vidor's running attack is questionable. I will admit that Kelly does have the better recievers because we mainly run.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
According to the Houston Chronicle these are the stats on Vidor and Kelly

Vidor -
Total Rushing yrds - 632
David Bolinger/TB - 28 att 240 yrds 8.75 yrds a carry
Brentyn Clark/FB - 22 att 151 yrds 6.86 yrds a carry
Montana Quirante/QB - 17 att 122 yrds 7.18 yrds a carry
Michael Godeaux/FB - 14 att 69 yrds 4.93 yrds a carry
David Smallwood/HB - 22 att 63 yrds 2.86 yrds a carry

Kelly -
Total Rushing yrds - 526
Nick Barber - 39 att 407 yrds 10.44 yrds a carry
Oshea Kennebrew - 7 att 121 yrds 17.29 yrds a carry
Beau McMahan - 3 att 10 yrds 3.33 yrds a carry

Now with that being said I don't think you can compare Kelly's running attack to Vidor's running attack. Yall just don't have the depth we have. We were without our bruising FB Clark in the BC game and we still were able to move the chains on BC. Yes yall have Barber who has more yards than our leading rusher but, IMO, he doesn't have the speed of Bolinger, but he is a great player and he will make a difference in this game.

With that being said I pick Kelly to pull the upset in this one with Barber having a heck of a game.

Kelly 35
BC 24

Guest football03
I'm looking forward to a great match up between Bridge City's impressive run game, and the play makers Kelly has on the defensive side of the ball. It's definitely going to be a DAWG fight! Im going with Kelly 36-21

The running game for Vidor is completly different than Kelly.  Barber has had alot of big plays in the first two games so the yardage looks similar.  The only way for Kelly to beat bridge city is to have a balanced, ball control offense.  Last year Kelly gave up 41 points to BC.  They will have to keep it in the low 20's this year if they want to win.  There won't be many games in Southeast Texas this year that feature better senior skill position players on both sides.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder