Kelly v. Bridge City predictions

magic

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="magic" post="1051465" timestamp="1315425601"]
The running game for Vidor is completly different than Kelly.  Barber has had alot of big plays in the first two games so the yardage looks similar.  The only way for Kelly to beat bridge city is to have a balanced, ball control offense.  Last year Kelly gave up 41 points to BC.  They will have to keep it in the low 20's this year if they want to win.  There won't be many games in Southeast Texas this year that feature better senior skill position players on both sides.
[/quote]
I agree. Matt Menard had a bad game last week but that doesn't take anything away from him. He is still in my opinion one of the best QB's in his district and Nick Barber's stats says enough for him. And as for Kelly's defense keeping it a low scoring game I'm sure Brandtley Wilson is gonna make sure of that.  ;D  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1050929" timestamp="1315352543"]
According to the Houston Chronicle these are the stats on Vidor and Kelly

Vidor -
Total Rushing yrds - 632
David Bolinger/TB - 28 att 240 yrds 8.75 yrds a carry
Brentyn Clark/FB - 22 att 151 yrds 6.86 yrds a carry
Montana Quirante/QB - 17 att 122 yrds 7.18 yrds a carry
Michael Godeaux/FB - 14 att 69 yrds 4.93 yrds a carry
David Smallwood/HB - 22 att 63 yrds 2.86 yrds a carry

Kelly -
Total Rushing yrds - 526
Nick Barber - 39 att 407 yrds 10.44 yrds a carry
Oshea Kennebrew - 7 att 121 yrds 17.29 yrds a carry
Beau McMahan - 3 att 10 yrds 3.33 yrds a carry

Now with that being said I don't think you can compare Kelly's running attack to Vidor's running attack. Yall just don't have the depth we have. We were without our bruising FB Clark in the BC game and we still were able to move the chains on BC. Yes yall have Barber who has more yards than our leading rusher but, IMO, he doesn't have the speed of Bolinger, but he is a great player and he will make a difference in this game.

With that being said I pick Kelly to pull the upset in this one with Barber having a heck of a game.

Kelly 35
BC 24
[/quote]Amen to everything you said there. I couldn't have said it better. I am going for Kelly as well to win in a good hard fought game.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1052533" timestamp="1315578711"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=87739.msg1052471#msg1052471 date=1315571296]
Does anybody have word on Matt Menard? I know he had a concussion last week and i was just wondering what the doc said about it.
[/quote]

Menard had a concussion?  ???....I must have missed that news.
[/quote]

I doubt he had a diagnosed concussion as he did play in the 2nd half of the game Saturday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder