Prewitt is getting screwed around

[quote name="Raider88" post="1052502" timestamp="1315576702"]
WOSgrad whytalk about a game where the opposition isn't compatible with most High School football teams in the area? Of you actually look at the entire situation you will realize there is a trend here of players who have performed well in games and are now not being put back on the bench!! One player chose not to continue playing football and the other is hanging around but he is on scholarship so that's a smart move. I will bet that if some players that contribute this year do not earn scholarships they will be on the road too.
[/quote]

I choose to celebrate a season opening victory of my alma mater, something that has not happened since you and I attended the University over 20 years ago.  I'm sorry that you refuse to see that as a milestone and rather choose to not only criticize some of the position choices that Coach Woodard has made, but to even go farther and suggest that they are motivated by something other than trying to win football games.  He has made his decisions on his observations from workouts, which are vastly more than either you or I have made and his expertise, which is again vastly more than you or I possess, to put a team which he believes will win.  If the team he has chosen does, I can assure you that there will be precious few who care about the treatment of Doug Prewitt, Cody Hussey, Andre Bevil, Jeremy Johnson, DePauldrick Garrett, Octavious Logan or Mike Venson.  Wins, whether you believe it or not, is what is driving Coach Woodard's decision and wins, whether you like or not, is what he will be judged by.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Raider88" post="1052621" timestamp="1315583688"]
Your right! But its still nice to vent!  :) Now if LU beats South Alabama I will definitely be celebrating. Just hard to get excited about the game against Texas College.
[/quote]

I won't.  I am rooting for Bevil's true colors to come thru again so I can gloat.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1052841" timestamp="1315598556"]
[quote author=Raider88 link=topic=87738.msg1052621#msg1052621 date=1315583688]
Your right! But its still nice to vent!  :) Now if LU beats South Alabama I will definitely be celebrating. Just hard to get excited about the game against Texas College.
[/quote]

I won't.  I am rooting for Bevil's true colors to come thru again so I can gloat.
[/quote]

Actively hoping that someone fails, which will probably result in a team loss.  Boy, with fans like you, Lamar doesn't need any enemies!

[/quote]

[/quote]

well Aggie Not--I aint rooting for him to fail, just for prewitt to outperform--again-if he gets the chance---who knows..all three could be a bust..[u]then its berry time[/u]

I'm just worried old def coach ray has gone to the vidor offense......[b]chunk it ray[/b]--running is boring!

Guest TBonesLU
[list][quote name="cardinal" post="1051088" timestamp="1315365552"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=87738.msg1050002#msg1050002 date=1315256796]
I wish people from here would understand the difference between D1 and HS athletics. These guys have competed for months. If anyone was at the game (about 3-4,000 actually went) you would know how bad the conditions were to throw in. It became a running game with the far supperior line winning. Prewitt is not getting screwed. This isn't little league, in college everyone doesn't get equal playing time. There aren't many D1 coaches you'll find that will find time to get 3 QB's in a game so if anything Woodard was trying to be fair. Lamar wins 58-0, be happy for the program and stop being negative.
[/quote]

Good lord, people's posts on this website get me so pissed off I want to blow a head gasket.  The ignorance spouted out is almost unbearable.  Puddin is 100% correct.  Sgt Rey is on here spouting off but, judging by his posts he hasn't seen a game yet.  So, I will gladly recap the situation:
[list]
[*]Woodard recruited his boy Bevil
Bevil had an outstanding game against McNeese.
Prewitt was a lowly walk on receiver.
Prewitt apparently worked his tail off and was moved to QB, probably because of injuries to othe QB's.
Prewitt surprisingly moved up the depth charts, why?  Perhaps because he earned it?
Bevil's play got worse and worse during the year.
The worse Bevil played the more hurt he became.
Finally he was too "hurt" to play.
When Prewitt got the opportunity he performed well.  Arguably, much better than Bevil.  Look at their stats, Prewitt completed 62% of his passes compared to Bevil's 54%.  Prewitt made better decisions and had fewer turnovers.  When Bevil was healthy, Woodard moved him to receiver and left Prewitt as the starting qb.[/list]

Ok, are we all caught up now?  Now, in the off season we signed JJ.  There are a couple of JJ lovers (AggiesAreWe...why is someone with a screen name of AggiesAreWe even allowed to comment on this site?) on this site who think that since JJ was highly recruited he should be ordained the QB.  Problem is, a QB is a QB because he can THROW THE FOOTBALL.  If you want someone that can run, stick him at running back.  Also, Prewitt can run and throw.  Now, it appears that he is not the runner JJ is but he is a much better scrambler than your average qb.  So, what has happened?  Prewitt earned the starting position last year, did a great job, and he is rewarded during the off season by becoming the third stringer used in deep scrub time?!!!!  You are dang right, he is being screwed!!!  And, it will lose fans!!!!!!!!!!!  By the way, it is lose not loose. AND IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH LAST WEEKS GAME OTHER THAN THE FACT OF HOW PREWITT WAS TOTALLY DOGGED BY WOODARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/list]
[/quote]

So let me get this straight, buddy.  You are saying that if we have a proven QB last year (let's call him David Carr for the Texan fans who can relate) that has proved himself, we simply close our eyes to any other opportunity (let's call him Matt Schaub for the same reason) or player that gets thrown in our lap?  I don't doubt that JJ needs a little work being redshirted last year, but to go by what you are saying, we should ignore we have him.  THAT is how we lose fans; pretending we (the coaches) are blind to the talent we have at our disposal to make the players' parents happy.  This is not minor league hockey, arena football, or anything else that is the flavor of the month in Beaumont.  Let's treat this like it is what it is; college football at the near highest level (D-I).

I'm not a Cowboy fan, but I know some of you are.  Picture this:  Let's say the Cowboys (somehow) are able to trade Romo for Tom Brady or a healthy Peyton Manning.  Are you honestly telling me you wouldn't do it?  Would Romo be "getting screwed around"?  No, he wouldn't.  Because it isn't Pop Warner football anymore where everyone gets to play.

Prewitt is not getting screwed around.  From what I understand, he seems very happy to do what he needs to do to be a team player.  He understands his role as Woodard explains it to him.  I'm glad he is on the team; he is a smart guy who seems to understand the game.  If someone is more talented, I'm sure he's not at home throwing darts at a poster of Woodard's face.  I would think that he knows being a backup is as important as starting.  He found that out last year.

Anyway, keep on b****ing all you want.  The point is, quit being negative.  They won their first game in the manner they were supposed to win.  Wait until the season has gone to the toilet to just start showing your hindside.  There is literally nothing to argue right now.  You have a 1-0 (potentially 2-0 tomorrow) team.  Cheer on the Cards!  We are all fans.  Let's show it.

I saw some good posts by AAW, WOSgrad, and ForeverADog. 

Guest TBonesLU
[/quote]

[/quote]

Jeez...well, please tell me if you are ever at a game and where you sit.  I'll make sure to give my seat away and sit in the grass if I'm next to your negativity. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1052884" timestamp="1315602378"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=87738.msg1052841#msg1052841 date=1315598556]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actively hoping that someone fails, which will probably result in a team loss.  Boy, with fans like you, Lamar doesn't need any enemies!
[/quote]

WAH!!!  How about that game by Bevil??!!!  Can I say I told you so yet???  Ok...let's just start him the rest of the season.  Let him beat up on the sisters of the blind and lose the rest of the games.  that's fine. 

[quote name="TBonesLU" post="1053786" timestamp="1315630155"]
[list][quote author=cardinal link=topic=87738.msg1051088#msg1051088 date=1315365552]
I wish people from here would understand the difference between D1 and HS athletics. These guys have competed for months. If anyone was at the game (about 3-4,000 actually went) you would know how bad the conditions were to throw in. It became a running game with the far supperior line winning. Prewitt is not getting screwed. This isn't little league, in college everyone doesn't get equal playing time. There aren't many D1 coaches you'll find that will find time to get 3 QB's in a game so if anything Woodard was trying to be fair. Lamar wins 58-0, be happy for the program and stop being negative.
[/quote]

Good lord, people's posts on this website get me so pissed off I want to blow a head gasket.  The ignorance spouted out is almost unbearable.  Puddin is 100% correct.  Sgt Rey is on here spouting off but, judging by his posts he hasn't seen a game yet.  So, I will gladly recap the situation:
[list]
Prewitt apparently worked his tail off and was moved to QB, probably because of injuries to othe QB's.
Prewitt surprisingly moved up the depth charts, why?  Perhaps because he earned it?
When Prewitt got the opportunity he performed well.  Arguably, much better than Bevil.  Look at their stats, Prewitt completed 62% of his passes compared to Bevil's 54%.  Prewitt made better decisions and had fewer turnovers.  When Bevil was healthy, Woodard moved him to receiver and left Prewitt as the starting qb.[/list]

Ok, are we all caught up now?  Now, in the off season we signed JJ.  There are a couple of JJ lovers (AggiesAreWe...why is someone with a screen name of AggiesAreWe even allowed to comment on this site?) on this site who think that since JJ was highly recruited he should be ordained the QB.  Problem is, a QB is a QB because he can THROW THE FOOTBALL.  If you want someone that can run, stick him at running back.  Also, Prewitt can run and throw.  Now, it appears that he is not the runner JJ is but he is a much better scrambler than your average qb.  So, what has happened?  Prewitt earned the starting position last year, did a great job, and he is rewarded during the off season by becoming the third stringer used in deep scrub time?!!!!  You are dang right, he is being screwed!!!  And, it will lose fans!!!!!!!!!!!  By the way, it is lose not loose. AND IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH LAST WEEKS GAME OTHER THAN THE FACT OF HOW PREWITT WAS TOTALLY DOGGED BY WOODARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/list]
[/quote]

So let me get this straight, buddy.  You are saying that if we have a proven QB last year (let's call him David Carr for the Texan fans who can relate) that has proved himself, we simply close our eyes to any other opportunity (let's call him Matt Schaub for the same reason) or player that gets thrown in our lap?  I don't doubt that JJ needs a little work being redshirted last year, but to go by what you are saying, we should ignore we have him.  THAT is how we lose fans; pretending we (the coaches) are blind to the talent we have at our disposal to make the players' parents happy.  This is not minor league hockey, arena football, or anything else that is the flavor of the month in Beaumont.  Let's treat this like it is what it is; college football at the near highest level (D-I).

I'm not a Cowboy fan, but I know some of you are.  Picture this:  Let's say the Cowboys (somehow) are able to trade Romo for Tom Brady or a healthy Peyton Manning.  Are you honestly telling me you wouldn't do it?  Would Romo be "getting screwed around"?  No, he wouldn't.  Because it isn't Pop Warner football anymore where everyone gets to play.

Prewitt is not getting screwed around.  From what I understand, he seems very happy to do what he needs to do to be a team player.  He understands his role as Woodard explains it to him.  I'm glad he is on the team; he is a smart guy who seems to understand the game.  If someone is more talented, I'm sure he's not at home throwing darts at a poster of Woodard's face.  I would think that he knows being a backup is as important as starting.  He found that out last year.

Anyway, keep on b****ing all you want.  The point is, quit being negative.  They won their first game in the manner they were supposed to win.  Wait until the season has gone to the toilet to just start showing your hindside.  There is literally nothing to argue right now.  You have a 1-0 (potentially 2-0 tomorrow) team.  Cheer on the Cards!  We are all fans.  Let's show it.

[/quote]
Wow..nice, ignorant post.  For starters...Bevil has been named the starter not JJ (everyone's love god).  Remember, that is the same Bevil that Prewitt outplayed.  That is the same Bevil with the incredible amount of turnovers.  That is the same Bevil with a 54% completion rate.  That is the same Bevil that was relegated to backup receiver last year!  What happened in the off season?  Did he suddenly become accurate?  Did he suddenly learn how to read defenses?  What happened to prewitt?  Did he suddenly become inaccurate and unable to read defenses??!!  Secondly, Buddy, if we have a successful QB we suddenly should relegate him to third string?  So, how often do you see a successful starter replaced assuming they didn't graduate?  Please, name ONE DAMN TIME that a QB proved himself, was successful and then was replaced anyway?  In case you haven't noticed...successful QB's NEVER get traded?  I don't see any of the beloved names you are mentioning getting benched.  No, you see, the way it works is you get benched when you DON'T perform. 

And what does Prewitt being a "team" player have to do with it?  And what does him being "smart" have to do with?  Golly, that is special.  You love having him on the team because he is smart?  What kind of ignorant statement is that??  Who cares if he is smart, dumb, a team player or an I player if his butt is on the bench???  How about starting the "smart", "team" player?  How about starting the guy that will get you W's?

I don't know who is smart, who is dumb, who is a team player and who isn't.  I do know, from the games I watched last year, he gives us a better chance to win than Bevil does.  I have no idea about JJ except a whole lot of hype.  I also know your beloved Woodard has named Bevil the starter not JJ and not Prewitt.  So, tell me Buddy, does that make sense?

Oh, and just for the record...I didn't realize we had Peyton Manning on our team.  But, if we did, I don't want him playing...in case you haven't been paying attention, he's had neck surgery.  when you are ready to make some intellignet comments I am ready to read them....Buddy.

Two games into the year we won the first easily against much lesser competition just as we should have.  We played multiple qbs and did not see anything to make one stand out over another.  This week we played against a team that if we truly want to move to an FBS conference we have to compete with and we were less than successful.  For the most part we stuck with the senior qb and while he may not have done anything terrible he didn't do anything to show me that he can lead this team to a successful conference season.  I think next week we will see much more of the 2nd and 3rd string qbs and then there is two weeks until game 4.  By game 4 I think we will see who is going to be the man for this year and probably the future.

Shad Smith (Arguably LU best QB of all time) would not have led LU to victory yesterday.  LU is 2nd year program.  For dang sake give the team time to gel and they will be fine.  USA is an FBS school with much better talent than LU has.  Bottom line and no doubt about it.  Do I think that Bevil should be the starter???  IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT I THINK!!!!  I trust that the LU Staff will do what is best for LU to win and compete. 

It seems from some posters on here that they want LU to fail......just do not understand that!!!!

I guess the coaches at Michigan suck too as they replaced a successful QB in Tate Forcier with Denard Robinson.

Here is the bio of both players

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/forcier_tate00.html

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/robinson_denard00.html

I wonder how many of their fans are crying about Forcier being replaced today!  ::)

Lazeek:  Reading the blogs and hearing the people talk, it's pretty simple why Lamar fans are losing faith. You have a QB that did great last year and got everyone excited for this year.  He made great decisions. great throws, and no turnovers.  What do we get to start this season?  A different starting QB who makes poor decisions and a bunch of new thugs and criminals we're supposed to root for and support.  Story after story about some of the kids getting the shaft and some good ones quitting.  We get an artificial win the first week and a wake up call the second.  With everything else I mentioned, that's why you're hearing "I told you so" and "Prewitt got screwed" and the whole thread on the thugs.  Are you really surprised???

No, but obviously you didn't read the bio's of Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson. Forcier was only the second QB in the history of Michigan football to start all 12 games as a true freshman and and was a honorable mention freshman all-american and  got beat out in the off season by Denard. I promise even if you guys played college ball the coaches know more about each of the QB's than you or I.

I think Jeremy Johnson will eventually win the QB battle but we didn't lose yesterday because of Bevil. Even on the fumbled snap Kyle Gilligam took the responsibility for the fumble. Very mature on his part.

As for as losing players I have never heard a negative word about D. Garrett. He is just a better college RB than Hussey. I do wish him the best in the future.

Also, Prewitt did have a couple of TO's and had 4 TD's in three games. Bevil had 4 TD's in one game. LOL http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/prewitt_doug00.html

Should we label Clay Buchholz a thug for what he did in HS? Yea, I know all about it!

[quote name="Domination Station" post="1054783" timestamp="1315771811"]
Lazeek:  Reading the blogs and hearing the people talk, it's pretty simple why Lamar fans are losing faith. You have a QB that did great last year and got everyone excited for this year.  He made great decisions. great throws, and no turnovers.  What do we get to start this season?  A different starting QB who makes poor decisions and a bunch of new thugs and criminals we're supposed to root for and support.  Story after story about some of the kids getting the shaft and some good ones quitting.  We get an artificial win the first week and a wake up call the second.  With everything else I mentioned, that's why you're hearing "I told you so" and "Prewitt got screwed" and the whole thread on the thugs.  Are you really surprised???
[/quote]
I don't see anyone losing faith. I don't see Lamar losing fans.  I have seen a couple of profiles who make juvenile comments just for the sake of antagonizing Lamar fans.  The people that are making the negative comments were never Lamar fans so we never lost them.  I'm only  making this post to bring the few of you to light.  I know that not every decision Lamar makes is strawberries and cream.  On the other hand not every decision belongs at the bottom of an outhouse, as suggested by a few. 

So when you decide to call ME a CLOWN.  I have a response that is on your level.  I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?

Now I'm done with your game and I hope others follow suit and not respond to this BULL.   

[quote name="Domination Station" post="1054891" timestamp="1315787239"]
I think he earned that chance, but so far he hasn't been given the chance.  He pulled the QB position out of the toilet last year, maybe they'll give him a chance to do it this year.  If he doesn't, find someone that can.  It's that simple.  He earned it.
[/quote]

So have all the other players who aren't starting now. I'm not just talking about Lamar.

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1054768" timestamp="1315768647"]
Shad Smith (Arguably LU best QB of all time) would not have led LU to victory yesterday.  LU is 2nd year program.  For dang sake give the team time to gel and they will be fine.  USA is an FBS school with much better talent than LU has.  Bottom line and no doubt about it.  Do I think that Bevil should be the starter???  IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT I THINK!!!!  I trust that the LU Staff will do what is best for LU to win and compete. 

It seems from some posters on here that they want LU to fail......just do not understand that!!!!
[/quote]

Well said...

Guest TBonesLU
[quote name="cardinal" post="1054515" timestamp="1315708446"]
[quote author=TBonesLU link=topic=87738.msg1053786#msg1053786 date=1315630155]
[list][quote author=cardinal link=topic=87738.msg1051088#msg1051088 date=1315365552]
[/quote]

[list]

[/list]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Wow..nice, ignorant post.  For starters...Bevil has been named the starter not JJ (everyone's love god).  Remember, that is the same Bevil that Prewitt outplayed.  That is the same Bevil with the incredible amount of turnovers.  That is the same Bevil with a 54% completion rate.  That is the same Bevil that was relegated to backup receiver last year!  What happened in the off season?  Did he suddenly become accurate?  Did he suddenly learn how to read defenses?  What happened to prewitt?  Did he suddenly become inaccurate and unable to read defenses??!!  Secondly, Buddy, if we have a successful QB we suddenly should relegate him to third string?  So, how often do you see a successful starter replaced assuming they didn't graduate?  Please, name ONE DAMN TIME that a QB proved himself, was successful and then was replaced anyway?  In case you haven't noticed...successful QB's NEVER get traded?  I don't see any of the beloved names you are mentioning getting benched.  No, you see, the way it works is you get benched when you DON'T perform. 

And what does Prewitt being a "team" player have to do with it?  And what does him being "smart" have to do with?  Golly, that is special.  You love having him on the team because he is smart?  What kind of ignorant statement is that??  [b]Who cares if he is smart, dumb, a team player or an I player if his butt is on the bench???[/b]  How about starting the "smart", "team" player?  How about starting the guy that will get you W's?

I don't know who is smart, who is dumb, who is a team player and who isn't.  I do know, from the games I watched last year, he gives us a better chance to win than Bevil does.  I have no idea about JJ except a whole lot of hype.  I also know your beloved Woodard has named Bevil the starter not JJ and not Prewitt.  So, tell me Buddy, does that make sense?

Oh, and just for the record...I didn't realize we had Peyton Manning on our team.  But, if we did, I don't want him playing...in case you haven't been paying attention, he's had neck surgery.  when you are ready to make some intellignet comments I am ready to read them....Buddy.
[/quote]

Alright, kid.  Listen up.  I wasn't saying the "injured" Peyton Manning and you know that, so argue as though you have done it before.  The sentence in bold above doesn't even make sense, so chalk that up as a loss.  I'm going to end this conversation quickly as you obviously don't know what you are talking about.  The part about me saying Prewitt is a team player was my way of saying he played his role well last year.  He came in when he had to and did a good job.

I'm glad you feel as though you can resort to swearing like a pissed off teenager.  My point is you aren't a coach.  You aren't at every practice seeing how they are playing.  The point is aside from losing to a clearly outmatched opponent in its second season, this team has done nothing for you to continue to be a "fair weather" fan.  It's the second year!  If they don't win conference, it won't be a surprise!  Support your team.  Be proud we have football back, and quit hoping for Woodard's head on a stick after going 6-6 in his first 12 games here.  I'm not attacking you.  I'm trying to say that it will take some time before this team is able to beat FBS and top tier FCS schools.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1054768" timestamp="1315768647"]

[b]It seems from some posters on here that they want LU to fail......just do not understand that!!!![/b]
[/quote]
Lazeek.  LU to fail? Posters?  What about another sport LU has?  I know you have never said anything bad about past Coaches in Basketball. ;)  Just saying........ And just having a little fun.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline