Prewitt is getting screwed around

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its obvious something is going on he proved he was MUCH better than bevil last season and from what i saw in that first game JJ can't throw for his life and once prewitt was put in he only did 2 passing plays with him.

Here's a few stats from the game:

JJ was 3 of 6 for 57 yards, 1 sack.  He also rushed 6 times for 29 yards.
Bevil was 3 of 9 for 50 yards, 0 sacks.  He ran for 2 yards.
Pruitt was 1 of 2 for 4 yards, 1 sack.  He ran for -17 yards.

JJ has the better stats, but Pruitt played mainly with the 2nd and 3rd stringers in the second half.  I'm surprised he didn't play more in the first half.  I think Bevil is holding the starting spot until JJ is ready to play full time.  My guess is Pruitt is destined to be JJ's backup, which isn't surprising since JJ is the 3-star dual-threat QB and Pruitt is a walk-on.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1049455" timestamp="1315173692"]

JJ has the better stats, but Pruitt played mainly with the 2nd and 3rd stringers in the second half.  I'm surprised he didn't play more in the first half.  I think Bevil is holding the starting spot until JJ is ready to play full time.  My guess is Pruitt is destined to be JJ's backup, which isn't surprising since JJ is the 3-star dual-threat QB and Pruitt is a walk-on.
[/quote]i find it surprising since JJ made some awful throws and prewitt did grat last season and came in as a walk-on and worked his butt off to get where hes at he shows much more commitment and heart and personally skill than any other qb on the team

[/quote]

the -17 was an errant shotgun snap that missed him by a couple of yards

Bevil--same as last year , JJ two fumbles---duel threat would be running [u]AND[/u] passing...and 3 star vs walk-on---just a rating that means squat on the field

last night was a slap in the face to the kid who saved woodard's arse last year

same as last year..no respect

classless moves like this lose fans

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1049479" timestamp="1315177019"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=87738.msg1049455#msg1049455 date=1315173692]

[/quote]

the -17 was an errant shotgun snap that missed him by a couple of yards

Bevil--same as last year , JJ two fumbles---duel threat would be running [u]AND[/u] passing...and 3 star vs walk-on---just a rating that means squat on the field

last night was a slap in the face to the kid who saved woodard's arse last year

same as last year..no respect

[b]classless moves like this lose fans[/b][/quote]

Lamar, including you, won't loose any fans as long as Woodard gets the W's...

While I am impressed with what Prewitt did last year, in the long term he probably has the least to improve, because it is very hard to increase speed.  Head to head with Bevil, I think Prewitt might come out ahead over the year but with Johnson's speed he has the most oppurtunity to be something special.  Bevil is a senior and through the first three games last year no one was complaining.  I said it last year that it looked like Bevil developed a case of happy feet and it looks like he still wants to just throw the ball up and rely on his receivers to make him look good.  Unfortunately if Lamar is going to be successful as a FCS or maybe in the future an FBS school they better not need to have a walk on quarterback be the starter.  This is by no means is indicating anything negative about Prewitt but believe me there are enough D-1 schools out there that it is very rare a quarterback is missed by any of the top programs.

lol...so, from the sounds of the stats(offensive game plan seams like it was run orientated)...every QB played...Lamar wins 50 something to 0 and people are upset cause Lamar's "QB situation" is an issue?...Woodard said Bevil's the man.....if he has JJ at number 2 and Prewitt 3 or vise versa...so be it......EVERY HOMER is going to cheer for his guy....no one here cares about who "the best QB" is, or who works harder or what is just...too busy being HOMERS......mean while the TEAM just won a game....with an exclamation point....JMO... ;)....but it is fun to read ;D

I have said all along, based on what I saw in the practices and scrimmages that I attended, Bevil would and should be the starter for the first game. But being who they were playing, I knew that all 3 QB's would play in the game. The weather played a major factor in the offensive scheme but the opponent was also terrible and just not a good test to do any evaluating.

Bevil is the senior, no surprise he got the start. He will get the start in the next game.

Jeremy will be the starter by mid season. ;) ;D

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1049616" timestamp="1315185638"]
lol...so, from the sounds of the stats(offensive game plan seams like it was run orientated)...every QB played...Lamar wins 50 something to 0 and people are upset cause Lamar's "QB situation" is an issue?...Woodard said Bevil's the man.....if he has JJ at number 2 and Prewitt 3 or vise versa...so be it......EVERY HOMER is going to cheer for his guy....no one here cares about who "the best QB" is, or who works harder or what is just...too busy being HOMERS......mean while the TEAM just won a game....with an exclamation point....JMO... ;)....but it is fun to read ;D
[/quote]

Good post Sgt.

A repost...

L.O.V.E. disease:  The terminal disease that Mommy and Daddy or any close family member has about their kids/family member.  Little Johnny is better than so and so.  Little Johnny should be starting in front of so and so.  Little Johnny is the whole reason we are as good as we are.

This is one of the first things that was said at the Under Armour combine in Houston this spring.  L.O.V.E. is the worst plague that can hit a TEAM.  The Team is always more important than the individual/player.    Champions always play as one Team because you can never win with 11 individuals. I believe it was George Teague (Dallas Cowboys) that said it. How true was that statement?

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1049683" timestamp="1315189098"]
[quote author=Le Sgt Rey (French) link=topic=87738.msg1049616#msg1049616 date=1315185638]
[/quote]

Good post Sgt.

A repost...

L.O.V.E. disease:  The terminal disease that Mommy and Daddy or any close family member has about their kids/family member.  Little Johnny is better than so and so.  Little Johnny should be starting in front of so and so.  Little Johnny is the whole reason we are as good as we are.

This is one of the first things that was said at the Under Armour combine in Houston this spring.  L.O.V.E. is the worst plague that can hit a TEAM.  The Team is always more important than the individual/player.    Champions always play as one Team because you can never win with 11 individuals. I believe it was George Teague (Dallas Cowboys) that said it. How true was that statement?
[/quote] 8) 8) ;)

again:
i didnt  expect him to be named starter, too much politics...but the way that game went and the qb rotation..just plain wrong........throw last years starter in [b][u]-late-, [/u] [/b] let him throw [b][u]throw all of 2 passes-against the wind[/u][/b]...not much class on the coach's part---he came thru big for ya last year---and you treated him like a scrub.

AND NO, I'm not family and don't know him---just a LU football fan since the days of Tommy Tomlin and co.

[/quote]

This shows why you don't coach.. What star is at the end of his name does not matter.. There have been plenty of 5 star players that never did a thing. Walk-on's is where you find the true heart and he proved it last year. He's the better QB.. But there's no way Ray doesn't play JJ eventually because he's faster. Just ashame because Doug is the best QB on the roster, regardless of "3 star" or "walk on". BTW, Doug is on scholarship $ now too.

[quote name="AJ25" post="1049776" timestamp="1315204113"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=87738.msg1049455#msg1049455 date=1315173692]

[/quote]

This shows why you don't coach.. [b]What star is at the end of his name does not matter.. There have been plenty of 5 star players that never did a thing. Walk-on's is where you find the true heart [/b]and he proved it last year. He's the better QB.. But there's no way Ray doesn't play JJ eventually because he's faster. Just ashame because Doug is the best QB on the roster, regardless of "3 star" or "walk on". BTW, Doug is on scholarship $ now too.
[/quote]
This is very true, most of the time...I stated this in the Spring...Prewit should have came in the starter....the true colors of a QB always come out when u play ur BIG DOGS....It's when you can't hide behind anything anymore and it's time for a GUT check and ur the only one taking snaps...ur down by 20 and ur team is looking for u to sit in the pocket or make a play...or to get up from a hit that anyone would have gone out the game for....THIS IS WHEN U'LL FIND UR QB!(I should have been a coach...).. ;D

It's not about being a senior, 3 star recruit, or a walk on....It's about playing where the TEAM can perform the best....if it's a back up role...so be it...is it a move to wide receiver...SO DO IT!

Based on what I saw in the Spring...with all QB's working hard all summer...it should be pretty close to the same...BUT...the only thing Lamar is doing is making Prewit TOUGHER...(mentally) ;)

Out of the 3 QB's...if I had to choose one to play at the next level...it would be JJ, but as a WR...I would use him in some packages at QB, but IMO, if he wants to pursue the NFL...I would be catching balls after practice...or make a move to WR.....JMO.. you get one shot at college ball.

Johnson is a freshman who really hasn't played any games yet, the Texas College game was more like a scrimmage.  The coaches said they were going to run all night and that's basically what they did.  Nobody knows how well he'll do yet at this level so he's going to be given every chance to succeed until he proves otherwise.  I personally would prefer Prewitt starting until JJ proves he's a better QB and let Bevil be a receiver, but it just seems like Woodard is going with the most experience.  Maybe Woodard didn't want to give away his hand to South Alabama and will start Prewitt on saturday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder