my hats off to coach cornel thompson

[quote name="bigdog" post="1044835" timestamp="1314724022"]
Nederland has one less championship than WOS.  As far as calls go, they go both ways and believe me WOS has benefited from favorable calls plenty.
[/quote]
It's easy to interpret that, combined with other past comments from you, as "WO-S has gotten more calls in their favor than Nederland ever did"...and that "Nederland would've won more games against WO-S if not for the refs."  I guess we can lump your statement into the "Dan Hooks paid the refs" conspiracy hallucination that exists over there.  It is the stupidist thing that you guys hold onto.  Put down the yellow and black tinted glasses to see the ways things really are instead of ONLY seeing a coach running on the field hollering at the refs and think your team is a victim of "Hooks Hypnotism".  It's as hilarious as it is ridiculous. 

At Friday's game, the worst call of the night (IMO) was when the ref blew the whistle when WO-S was returning a kickoff.  There was no reason to do that.  The receiver didn't call for a fair catch.  This was a no brainer...not even a judgment call.  I learned first hand that the ref admitted to the WO-S HC that he made a mistake.  These things just happen.  They shouldn't, but they do.  Officiating always involves mistakes, oversight, and bad calls during the course of ANY football game, especially in the high school ranks.  It truly does work both ways, but bigdog, I don't think you and at least of few other Ned fans really believe that when it comes to these two teams' history against each other, and it's just silly.  I've seen every game between Nederland and WO-S since 1978.  Yes, calls go both ways, and believe me Nederland has benefitted from lots of 'em.  These things just happen. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigdog" post="1044835" timestamp="1314724022"]
[quote author=hondo1 link=topic=87285.msg1044480#msg1044480 date=1314673758]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=87285.msg1043734#msg1043734 date=1314596897]
[quote author=hondo1 link=topic=87285.msg1043694#msg1043694 date=1314588341]
Nederland hasn`t won a championship of any kind in football since 1960, and if it werent for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th place teams going to the platoffs they wouldn`t have gone to the playoffs since 1960. Ned & PNG are the only teams in the area that gets to play with 16 players, their 11 plus the five referees. hooks had a reason for not using local referees when he played them. thompson is too conservative, every coach at every level that plays "not to lose" but doesn`t play to win, always ends up losing. Go  watch the U on ESPN, Jimmy Johnson shows how the game is supposed to be played
[/quote]

Get over yourself.  WOS has benefited from 2nd or 3rd on a couple of playoff appearances also.  Ned didn't quit and they beat you.
[/quote]
first of all, everyone can quit singing the praises of nederland for "not quitting" how many teams do you know of that quits` playing before the game is over, of course they didn`t quit, neither did their other 5 players, the referees, quit! so until nederland wins a championship of some sort, quit trying to brag on how many times they have been to the playoffs ect... when all they have been is 2nd, 3dr or 4th best. history is not written about the second best`s of the world
[/quote]
Nederland has one less championship than WOS.  As far as calls go, they go both ways and believe me WOS has benefited from favorable calls plenty.
[/quote]
nederland has been around, and playing football 3 times longer than WO-S. we`re talking about modern times, you know, after intergration, when EVERYONE got to participate equally, not prehistoric times( pre 1970) what has nederland done since 1970 ?????? NOTHING. you don`t get to talk feces, if you never have been the best. WO-S has a winning record against every school in this area, by a wide margin. the only schools in the entire state that has a winning record against wo-s are Lamarque, and the schools they have lost to that they only played one time. in the 34 years since wo-s started playing they have played in 4 state championships, and won 2. nederland has played in 0, in 34 years wos has 1 losing record, nederland has too many to count in the last 34 years, wo-s has had over 100 players go on to play DIV 1 football and at least 8 play professional football. nederland has produced how many??????? like i said , quit all the pretenses as if nederland is competing for a championship of any kind, everybody knows they aren`t. nederland has a decent program, but they are not , and never has been in WO_S` league. winning a game against WO-S was yall`s superbowl, as it would be for most schools

[quote name="kicker" post="1044859" timestamp="1314724958"]
Here is my take....referees are human, they miss calls. Some go in favor and some dont. I do recall a blatant holding by Nederland that wasnt called but also remember a blatant hold by WOS that wasnt called. The point is that the refs let the kids play. When you are playing a team like Nederland, you cant make mistakes. Obviously it bit us. Coach T had a great gameplan and we will be getting better and better. Losing to the Dogs is alot differentr than losing to an inferior team. Those boys in Mid- County can flat out play ball. We are fine guys...we lost a close, hard nosed game. Nederland is good and so are we. On paper, Nederland SHOULD win. We have been on the winning side of the series for quite a while it was just Ned's time. Both teams are going to make some noise this season and I look forward to following both. Now lets go beat up on some other Mustangs.....I mean seriously, who wears baby blue?? lol
[/quote]
just pointing out that assinine statement you made "on paper nederland should win" nobody in the entire state of texas , except maybe Bob West, picked nederland to win that game, and for good reason. nederland will NEVER have more talent on the field than WO-S. JUST BECAUSE A SCHOOL HAS MORE STUDENTS , IT DOES NOT TRANSLATE INTO THEY "SHOULD" BE BETTER. the designations of 5a, 4a 3a etc... only tells you how many students there are at a school. there are 100`s of 5A schools in the state that wish they had the talent wo-s has, or a lot of other 3a schools. more does not automatically mean better. just as everyone who is taller than you , doesnt automatically make them a better basketball player than you. people always want to make that ridiculous assumption in sports. why do you think wo-s has had to travel so far to get non-district games, bigger schools don`t want to play them!!!!!!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="hondo1" post="1045330" timestamp="1314768230"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=87285.msg1044859#msg1044859 date=1314724958]
Here is my take....referees are human, they miss calls. Some go in favor and some dont. I do recall a blatant holding by Nederland that wasnt called but also remember a blatant hold by WOS that wasnt called. The point is that the refs let the kids play. When you are playing a team like Nederland, you cant make mistakes. Obviously it bit us. Coach T had a great gameplan and we will be getting better and better. Losing to the Dogs is alot differentr than losing to an inferior team. Those boys in Mid- County can flat out play ball. We are fine guys...we lost a close, hard nosed game. Nederland is good and so are we. On paper, Nederland SHOULD win. We have been on the winning side of the series for quite a while it was just Ned's time. Both teams are going to make some noise this season and I look forward to following both. Now lets go beat up on some other Mustangs.....I mean seriously, who wears baby blue?? lol
[/quote]
just pointing out that assinine statement you made "on paper nederland should win" nobody in the entire state of texas , except maybe Bob West, picked nederland to win that game, and for good reason. nederland will NEVER have more talent on the field than WO-S. JUST BECAUSE A SCHOOL HAS MORE STUDENTS , IT DOES NOT TRANSLATE INTO THEY "SHOULD" BE BETTER. the designations of 5a, 4a 3a etc... only tells you how many students there are at a school. there are 100`s of 5A schools in the state that wish they had the talent wo-s has, or a lot of other 3a schools. more does not automatically mean better. just as everyone who is taller than you , doesnt automatically make them a better basketball player than you. people always want to make that ridiculous assumption in sports. why do you think wo-s has had to travel so far to get non-district games, bigger schools don`t want to play them!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Well Hondo1-1000 - I picked Nederland in my Rykers Pick 'Em and so did several other "Pickers."  Don't know what Bob West did, though.  Chill, Brother.  It's all good. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder