College Soccer roll call

SFA

Camps for college soccer teams have started all over the country.  Who from the area are still playing?

Here is what I know:

Matt Kriby, Kelly - Sr. University of Denver(D1)
Nathan Stockie, Kelly, Jr. Long Island Univ.(D1)
Zach Clarke, Kelly, Soph. Washington & Lee Univ. (D3)
Zuri Prince, Kelly, Fr. Stephen F. Austin Univ. (D1)

(Shark - any of your last years Sr. playing this year?)

Scott Poole, Lumberton, Soph, Mary Hardin Baylor U. (D3)
Travis Greenway, Vidor, Jr., Hardin Simmons, (D3)
Sam Gurski, West Brook, Jr. William Penn Univ. (NAIA)

I know I am missing a lot, especially the girls.

Natalie Hagar (PNG) Fr Houston Baptist (D1)
Chloe Chiasson (PNG) Fr St. Edward's (D2) National Championship contenders
Bailey Fontenot (HJ) Fr Lamar (D1)
Emily Hughes ( LC-M) Fr UT Dallas (D3)
Caitlyn Stowe (Lumberton) Fr Sam Houston (D1)
Haley Shipman (Jasper)  Fr UT Tyler (D3)
Bianca Garza (Nederland) Fr  Prairie View A&M (D1)
Layken Richard (Nederland)Fr  Martin Methodist (NAIA)

All played for Mike Hughes 93 G

What a cast of young ladies!

Go Select!

[quote name="aries456" post="1036086" timestamp="1313515209"]
Travis started getting burnt out with soccer, and decided to return home to attend Lamar.
[/quote]

My daughter has only been in it 3 weeks... it's alot of work and total commitment of time, mind, body and spirit.. as competitive as I am.. I can see how someone could tire of the grind.

Matt Kirby, Univ. of Denver and former Bmnt Kelly player was nominated for the Lowes Senior CLASS Award.  This national award is for Senior NCAA soccer players who excel on and off the field.  Congrats to Matt for this prestigious nomination. 

[url=http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90216&SPID=10865&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205244165&DB_OEM_ID=18600]http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90216&SPID=10865&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205244165&DB_OEM_ID=18600[/url]

[url=http://www.seniorclassaward.com/news/view/mens_and_womens_soccer_candidates_announced_for_2011_lowes_senior_class_awa/]http://www.seniorclassaward.com/news/view/mens_and_womens_soccer_candidates_announced_for_2011_lowes_senior_class_awa/[/url]

This is great to see so many players from this area entering and playing at the college level! College soccer is hard work no matter what level one plays. Off season training (the spring) is even more gruelling. And yes, the speed of the game is tremendously faster than the local high school or division 3 or super 2 game. Let me encourage players and parents alike to get the schedules of some of the schools listed above and go see one or two games. I think you will be surprised at what it takes to play in college. Congratulations and best of luck to all those playing at the college level! Hang in there. Your time will come.
    I must say, I always wondered why Mike's team didn't play at a higher level. Did they ever attempt to qualify? They truly had the talent to play there (high division 1) and be successful. Still, congrats on the great runs from the club team.

[quote name="WellRead" post="1038264" timestamp="1313863298"]
    This is great to see so many players from this area entering and playing at the college level! College soccer is hard work no matter what level one plays. Off season training (the spring) is even more gruelling. And yes, the speed of the game is tremendously faster than the local high school or division 3 or super 2 game. Let me encourage players and parents alike to get the schedules of some of the schools listed above and go see one or two games. I think you will be surprised at what it takes to play in college. Congratulations and best of luck to all those playing at the college level! Hang in there. Your time will come.
    I must say, I always wondered why Mike's team didn't play at a higher level. Did they ever attempt to qualify? They truly had the talent to play there (high division 1) and be successful. Still, congrats on the great runs from the club team.
[/quote]

Mike's team qualified for Div 1 at U11 and played at that level throughout.. Once attaining premier league status, when premier took 4 teams from EDDOA instead of it's current two.

Mike and the girls played at their highest capability.. it all came down to depth... The best Houston teams just had more competitive geared girls to choose from.

It was a great run.  (3 Pres Cup State Championships, 2 Region 3 Pres Cup appearances finalist and semi finalist) Played in the National Cup bracket for 2 or 3 seasons.  A goal for any team in the triangle.

Taylor Granato - Lumberton  (Jr) Concordia
Scott Poole - Lumberton (So) Mary-Hardin Baylor
Justin Lyons - Lumberton (Fr) ETBU

Caleb Schexnider - Lumberton --walking on at Tyler Juco (GK)
Brent Waldrup - Lumberton - supposed to be returning to UT Tyler

[quote name="sharkstooth" post="1048467" timestamp="1315058962"]
Sweet!  Great Job Nat!  Maybe just Maybe...Lamar might look closer at the local talent rather than go to California to find soccer players.....
[/quote]

No Cardinal bashing here Tooth.... we will let the results speak for themselves Oct 16th. I feel a decisive victory coming.

but yes he missed 8 potential players in this freshman class.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder