Hull-Daisetta vs Hardin moved to Thursday at 7pm. Who wins this heated rivalry?

Liberty will have no trouble beating Hardin, and Kelly this year.

This coming from an X-Hornet. The Hornets have fell off the map since the 2000-2003 run, combined with the talent displayed in 2007-2008 with Nolan, Marsh and company.

Other than that year, I have not seen FOOTBALL played in Hardin in nearly 10 years. No sign of things turning around in the near future either.

P.S. Have been watching Hornets football for 30 years.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TEAM" post="1035750" timestamp="1313430632"]

This coming from an X-Hornet. The Hornets have fell off the map since the 2000-2003 run, combined with the talent displayed in 2007-2008 with Nolan, Marsh and company.

Other than that year, I have not seen FOOTBALL played in Hardin in nearly 10 years. No sign of things turning around in the near future either.

[/quote]
As far as wins go I would agree, but there was no doubt last year that Myles Taylor, D.J Hall and Marquis James could play some ball. I hear Taylor is looking to walk on at SFA he is undersized but a deadly dual threat quarterback and Hall and James were nothing short of Division 1 athletes.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Hornet-Blue-" post="1035678" timestamp="1313418928"]
That is correct.  The same Kelly team that went winless in their district last year, beat our district champs EC like a drum by three touchdowns.
[/quote]

Not trying to disagree, but it notable EC simply fell apart in that game. QB Hank Jones was out (injured the week before), and personnel was shifted around during the game. Had EC played Kelly later in the season, it would have been a far, far different game. Not making excuses, though. A loss was a loss. 

You mentioned three players, who were decent and skilled in their position but as far as comparing those three with athletes from the 2000-2003,2007 squard is comparing apples and oranges. When you throw the ball a thousand times, against programs that aren't capable of defending the spread offense, then Yes you are going to rack up yards and points.

The reference I made was in regards to a WIN/Loss TEAM in Hardin. Not a high-flying throw up a lot of yards and points, and still get beat program.

So, other than 2000-2003, 2007-08 teams NOBODY in Hardin has witnessed any respectable, talented TEAM.

[quote name="TEAM" post="1035750" timestamp="1313430632"]

[/quote]

You might want to retract that statement because I believe that the 2009 Hardin class did something that no Hardin team has done in about 20 years and that is beat an EC team on their homecoming. The 2009 class were also bi-district champs as were the 2008 class.

By the 2009 class I mean the 2008 season

Where I said, other than that year ( was suppose to read: other than those two years in referrence to 2007, 2008 football seasons.

That is Myles soph. year with Mitch Villimez. Lost to New Waverly in a playoff game held in Humble if I remember correctly.

Its hard to compare some of these teams as of late though with the talent that I witnessed up close and personal from 2000-2003. That was the real deal. Maybe some of you remember those years, I had never seen anything like it prior, and have not since. Not even close!!!

[quote name="TEAM" post="1035815" timestamp="1313437200"]
Where I said, other than that year ( was suppose to read: other than those two years in referrence to 2007, 2008 football seasons.

That is Myles soph. year with Mitch Villimez. Lost to New Waverly in a playoff game held in Humble if I remember correctly.

Its hard to compare some of these teams as of late though with the talent that I witnessed up close and personal from 2000-2003. That was the real deal. Maybe some of you remember those years, I had never seen anything like it prior, and have not since. Not even close!!!
[/quote]

The 2003 class may have had better athletes but they never made it to the playoffs. They just couldn't get the job done. Now the 2007 and 2008 season were good years for Hardin football, first playoff games ever won, back to back bi-district champs. Much more successful than the 2003 class if you ask me.

[quote name="TEAM" post="1035815" timestamp="1313437200"]

[/quote]
Ya Snook, Hunter, Nolan, Mitch, Stelley them boys was some dogs, I think Taylor, James, and Hall get thrown into that category but as a team last years has nothing on those previous years you mentioned, just to think if some of those skill guys would have moved to Liberty how good we could have been, Hardin always lacked depth, and a strong defense Liberty had the depth on D most of those years just not very many skill guys.

The 2003 graduating seniors, so I suppose it would be 2002 Football class.
This is the era I am referencing my post about.

2000 Football season - Mike Bracewell / J. Albro / Ced Reescano / Nunan / and the whole team were MASSIVE ANIMALS....
2001 Football season - Ced Reescano / J. Albro / B. Anderson
2002 Football season - Ced Reescano /D. Reescano

It sure was exciting watching Nolan throw to Marsh as well as Myles throwing to multiple receivers.

Very exciting, yet frustrating on the other hand, when a team that has the ability to score at will has no ability to stop anybody or create turnovers.

[quote name="TEAM" post="1035824" timestamp="1313438005"]
It sure was exciting watching Nolan throw to Marsh as well as Myles throwing to multiple receivers.

Very exciting, yet frustrating on the other hand, when a team that has the ability to score at will has no ability to stop anybody or create turnovers.
[/quote]

The defense on the 07 and 08 teams were pretty decent. As far as Stelly being looked at by NFL teams I'm not sure if there is any truth to that.

[quote name="hornet06" post="1035811" timestamp="1313436714"]
[quote author=TEAM link=topic=86669.msg1035750#msg1035750 date=1313430632]

[/quote]

You might want to retract that statement because I believe that the 2009 Hardin class did something that no Hardin team has done in about 20 years and that is beat an EC team on their homecoming. The 2009 class were also bi-district champs as were the 2008 class.

By the 2009 class I mean the 2008 season
[/quote]Not sure what planet your from, the years the Stelly kid was in hardin they had some talent and played well.  Stelly is still playing today.

If that post is directed towards me, you should probably re-read my post.

Stelly was the fullback/linebacker mentioned BY ME, on the 2007-2008 football teams.

What post are you reading "Back in the Day" ?

Did you read my post where I stated "I hear NFL scouts are looking at Stelly, ofcourse he is playing college ball. NFL scouts do not recruit washed up has beens that are sitting at the house.

What planet are you from ???

My statement "I have not seen FOOTBALL played in Hardin" simply means, I have not seen a 3 dimensional Hardin team since 2000-2002. Which would be the last time Hardin had teams where they played Offense, Defense and Special teams and were extremely successful at all three of those aspects of the game.

Has Hardin has good defenses and offenses since? Yes. But not at the same time, on one team.

Pay attention to Hardin football better, or do not comment on this thread if you aren't familiar with the history of the program.

Lets get back to the topic of this Thread.

How are the HD Bobcats looking thus far (HD Bobcat 55 ) ?

Chisholm is a three or four year starter now at QB ?

Guest incognito123
[quote name="TEAM" post="1035821" timestamp="1313437662"]
The 2003 graduating seniors, so I suppose it would be 2002 Football class.
This is the era I am referencing my post about.

2000 Football season - Mike Bracewell / J. Albro / Ced Reescano / Nunan / and the whole team were MASSIVE ANIMALS....
2001 Football season - Ced Reescano / J. Albro / B. Anderson
2002 Football season - Ced Reescano /D. Reescano
[/quote]

I remember that 2001 class (2000 football season) coming over to HD and taking a 42-19 butt whoopin!...haha.  Ya'll did have some talent, just a little scared when you got off of the bus.  I understand it! 

Just jabbing you buddy.  I'm pretty sure I know who you are and we go way back!! PM me

The folks that are dismissing this thread because it is a scrimmage does not understand the history or the folks involved in this game.  This is a civil war of sorts for east Libert County.  It's cousin vs cousin friend vs friend.  It could be a game of cup football, bragging rights are bragging rights. 

As far as John Stelly is concerned not sure how much  of look he is getting from the next level, but it would not surprise me.  He does have the body type that NFL teams like in a fullback.  I can tell you the kid works his tail off in the weight room.  I hope he has a succesfull season this year after being injured last year.

[quote name="TEAM" post="1035895" timestamp="1313447669"]
If that post is directed towards me, you should probably re-read my post.

Stelly was the fullback/linebacker mentioned BY ME, on the 2007-2008 football teams.

What post are you reading "Back in the Day" ?

Did you read my post where I stated "I hear NFL scouts are looking at Stelly, ofcourse he is playing college ball. NFL scouts do not recruit washed up has beens that are sitting at the house.

What planet are you from ???
[/quote] >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges