Nederland AD hires new basketball assistant coach

[quote name="Mmosley07" post="1034000" timestamp="1313112881"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=86369.msg1033999#msg1033999 date=1313112780]

I dont think anybody truly thinks Neumann is out to sabotage the basketball program, but there is room to question whether or not he is making decisions that positively affect basketball first, then a different sport and so-on.. How about hire a basketball coach, who can also do another sport?
[/quote]

Can he teach science and fill the other roles necessary to fulfill the district's needs?
[/quote]

Yes he could, so now what's your point

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="team first" post="1034017" timestamp="1313114200"]
[quote author=Mmosley07 link=topic=86369.msg1034000#msg1034000 date=1313112881]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=86369.msg1033999#msg1033999 date=1313112780]

I dont think anybody truly thinks Neumann is out to sabotage the basketball program, but there is room to question whether or not he is making decisions that positively affect basketball first, then a different sport and so-on.. How about hire a basketball coach, who can also do another sport?
[/quote]

Can he teach science and fill the other roles necessary to fulfill the district's needs?
[/quote]

Yes he could, so now what's your point
[/quote]

Smith is science certified now?

He never said he was in favor of it! He was completely against it! You weren't around when all of this went down.

[quote name="Mmosley07" post="1034015" timestamp="1313114154"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=86369.msg1034012#msg1034012 date=1313114098]
The same happened with Volleyball team a few years before that. That time, parents went to the board and voiced their concerns. Again, against Neumann's desires, the school board over ruled his decision, and volleyball met daily.
[/quote]

I just posted the minutes that state he was for bball.....
[/quote]

He was not for basketball or volleyball! The truth! Ask anyone outside your family.

[quote name="Mmosley07" post="1034015" timestamp="1313114154"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=86369.msg1034012#msg1034012 date=1313114098]
The same happened with Volleyball team a few years before that. That time, parents went to the board and voiced their concerns. Again, against Neumann's desires, the school board over ruled his decision, and volleyball met daily.
[/quote]

I just posted the minutes that state he was for bball.....
[/quote]

[quote name="bulldog81" post="1034016" timestamp="1313114160"]
[quote author=Mmosley07 link=topic=86369.msg1034011#msg1034011 date=1313113939]
c) Update on Basketball Scheduling – Coach Neumann and Coach English presented
information on basketball scheduling.  [b]Coach Neumann gave history and justification
of the scheduling system.[/b]   Discussion ensued on the equality in double blocking all
sports, not just football and volleyball (only two are double-blocked now), and on
zero hour.  New 4 X 4 requirements will affect extracurricular.  Coach English
presented his information, and Lyn Moye suggested a split block, which would be
easy although it is not a double block.  [b]Coach Neumann suggested getting data from
Mr. Gibson to determine the possibility of double blocking some sports or all if
possible.[/b]  Mr. Belaire asked how long this will take.  Dr. Soileau responded there is
no way to predict because so much is impacted, but would think the soonest is the
end of the second semester (as a good guess).  Mr. Weaver – can we hear some ideas
in the next couple of months?  Yes.  Coach Neumann would like to put Sissy
Yeaman on this project to do the study.  Ms. Krohn expressed her support of Coach
Neumann’s decision.  Coach Neumann added that after the study we will be able to
make a decision, but not until the study is complete and data available
[/quote]

Nowhere in those minutes does Coach Neumann state that he is in favor of an everyday basketball class. All he is saying is that he wanted to have a study done to see if it could be worked out.
[/quote]

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1034024" timestamp="1313114603"]
I'm not wasting another minute of my time on your naivety.
[/quote]

I'm sorry I ruined the irrational bash party.

[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=86369.msg1034020#msg1034020 date=1313114358]
He never said he was in favor of it! He was completely against it! You weren't around when all of this went down.
[/quote]

Actually I was.

[quote name="Mmosley07" post="1033931" timestamp="1313101296"]
Still failing to see what I'm saying. I've watched Coach Smith coach my sisters in basketball games. Why would Coach Neumann benefit by not allowing a coach that demands hardwork, teamwork, and accountability to fulfill as asst. role?

Let's look at Coach Smith's primary responsibility - Girls Head Basketball Coach.  I'm not sure if he is certified to teach but I know he can coach so I'll leave out any teaching credentials he may have as I do not know.

Let's look at Coach Walker's responsibilities - Science teacher, Freshman/asst. basketball, Freshman football, and baseball (not sure on level).

Now, let's move Coach Smith to boy's assistant thus freeing up his position and eliminating the need for a Freshman/asst. basketball coach.

Now Walker has - Science teacher, football, baseball.

But the Head girls basketball coaching position is still open and Coach Smith cannot fill a teaching role.

So in order to make all this work an entirely new position needs to be created. If that's what we need to get Coach English the help he needs to take our basketball team to new heights then I say we do it. If that's what English needs to excel then we should go to the board and seek that a new position be created. But suggesting Neumann is a dictator, envious of English, and made this decision to hurt English is completely untrue. Why would Neumann be against hiring a new basketball oriented coach to help our basketball team?? The hiring of Walker is what best helped satisfy the district's needs. Maybe this breakdown makes better sense and I've failed to explain it well.
[/quote]

I don't see how anyone can look at this hypothetical situation and not see how a situation like this plays out.

Wow....mmosely knows everything...what are the odds that mmosely is really Larry Neumann....or what are the odds that they are sitting in close proximity while he responds in such detail to every single thing. I agree with a previous poster, this is more entertaining than a Redbox comedy.  ;D

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1034024" timestamp="1313114603"]
[/quote]

I agree with Abe on this one. I tire of this back and forth conversation with no apparent end. As i posted previously opinions are opinions...everyone has one... i wont change yours...and you wont change mine.

5 on 5 signing off.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1034065" timestamp="1313118833"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=86369.msg1034024#msg1034024 date=1313114603]
[/quote]

I agree with Abe on this one. I tire of this back and forth conversation with no apparent end. As i posted previously opinions are opinions...everyone has one... i wont change yours...and you wont change mine.

5 on 5 signing off.
[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1034057" timestamp="1313117205"]
Wow....mmosely knows everything...what are the odds that mmosely is really Larry Neumann....or what are the odds that they are sitting in close proximity while he responds in such detail to every single thing. I agree with a previous poster, this is more entertaining than a Redbox comedy.  ;D
[/quote]

What are the odds that 5 on 5 is actually a parent of a BB player... that I know? What are the odds that the father of a player would be partial to the boy's BB team rather than want the best for the entire coaching, teaching, and district needs at Nederland? What are the odds that Nederland sports kicked butt last year and were coached by people Neumann hired? What are the odds that Redbox will have a new popular movie actually in stock?

I've never stated I know everything. If you read back, the only thing I've really done is provide a logical opinion supported with common obstacles and variables rather than an irrational one filled with poo. If anything, I stated numerous times I would love to see Coach Smith be able to join English and Gilchrest. I think it'd be a deadly trio filled with very good and experienced coaches that demand all the right things to be successful. I even said that if Coach Smith can't be moved to boy's asst. due to coaching/teaching conflicts that maybe we should seek the board to try and open a new position to provide English the relief he needs and still provide for our other girl and boy sports.

But all of you don't want to use logic. You'd rather carry on with your bash party because you, yourself, feel as though you're getting the short stick. What if Smith moved to boy's freshmen bb coach, freshman baseball coach, freshman football coach, and science teacher. Would you be on the baseball board complaining that our freshman boys are getting shafted and Neumann is trying to sabotage baseball success? Would you be going to the board because your kid wasn't getting a quality education in science? Would you be going to the Girl's BB board if the position was filled with a young, inexperienced, yet basketball specialized coach to lead our girl's team?

Probably not.

I think its great that fans, dads, grandparents, moms, siblings, whatever else want the best teachers for their kid's education and the best coaches to coach them. But some of the posts on this thread is just libel, and serves no purpose but to incite and encourage unnecessary action at the wrong person. Let's look at the school board and see if we can provide more positions to help ease Coach English's workload and promote success for our basketball program.

[quote name="infield fly" post="1034077" timestamp="1313120110"]
The only one on here with any sack is mosely.  Everyone else needs to post their real name and make it very interesting.
[/quote]

Good post Mr. Fly....now we all know your real name    ;D

[quote name="bulldog81" post="1034066" timestamp="1313118989"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=86369.msg1034065#msg1034065 date=1313118833]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=86369.msg1034024#msg1034024 date=1313114603]
[/quote]

5 on 5 signing off.
[/quote
I agree.
[/quote]

I also agree.

The 1st assistant in basketball is like the OC or DC in football. They serve a very important role to the success of the team on Tue/Fri nights as well as the overall development of the program. It's asanine for a 4A/5A school not to have a "basketball first" first assistant for the basketball program. What are the OC/DC's certified to teach? Why aren't those positions limited to science/math certifications? Would Neuman hire a "basketball first" or "baseball first" coach to fill those positions?

[quote name="jumpstop" post="1034085" timestamp="1313120631"]
The 1st assistant in basketball is like the OC or DC in football. They serve a very important role to the success of the team on Tue/Fri nights as well as the overall development of the program. It's asanine for a 4A/5A school not to have a "basketball first" first assistant for the basketball program. What are the OC/DC's certified to teach? Why aren't those positions limited to science/math certifications? Would Neuman hire a "basketball first" or "baseball first" coach to fill those positions?
[/quote]

Gilchrest is English's first assistant correct? Glichrest is a very experienced coach at Basketball.

The info is there if you want to read it. You can tell yourself Neumann is out to kill the bb program or you can come to the conclusion that Walker was the best coach to fill the district's needs. Let's get a newly created coaching position to help English. 

[quote name="Mmosley07" post="1033985" timestamp="1313111749"]
[quote author=bulldog81 link=topic=86369.msg1033937#msg1033937 date=1313102027]
To Mmosley07,
In an earlier post, you stated [b]"If we go back a bit and ask the School Board members you'll find that Coach Neumann and Coach English approached the board to get split block scheduling for boys and girls basketball so that they could meet everyday."[/b]

Coach Neumann was deadset against the everyday basketball class. It was only approved when the school board went against his wishes and forced it to happen.
[/quote]

This is absolutely 100% false. Coach Neumann suggested both boys and girls have split block scheduling. If you have an opinion that's fine but spewing absolute crap solves nothing.
[/quote]

Something some of yall might have no clue about is how poor Nederland advertises for their coaching jobs. This Summers Coaching Job Market listed only 2 jobs, Head Softball Coach & Linebacker coach. Last time I checked there were bout 4 more jobs to add to that list!  I tried asking who's encharge of posting and i didnt get an answer back (maybe cause the person encharge wouldnt want controversy if people found out)
  Micah I give you credit for trying to proove your points through a politcally correct stand point with all this budget stuff and teaching kids comes first..I agree! You were a great RB for Nederland I think one of the best! But how I recall it going down was that Neumann disliked the idea of basketball split block and English had to go fight for it through the school board and admininstrations. So if spewing absolute crap solves nothing.......You just solved [b]NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b] You can try to argue with me but I spent a majority of my high school career with Basketball/English and u spent yours with Football/Neumann  so basically we would be arguing back and forth over the two.
  My Last thing i would like to bring up is on the topic of [b]"Neumann's Great Bluff"[/b] (yeah im giving it a tittle cause you could write a book about it). Remember a couple of years ago when Coach Neumann came on the News and said he was considering leaving for the LaMargue job. Please, me and my dad both knew he wasnt gonna take that job. Moving from a pro dominate white school to a pro dominate black school in Houston, he couldnt handle those kids regardless of how highly everybody talks bout his coaching skills. He used scare tactics as a way to make the school district pay him more money to stay. If thats not a sign of a selfishness in Neumann,I dont what is!
  What it all comes down to is that no matter what we say or post on the message board the School Board & Administrations are scared to stand up against him. In my opinion we shouldnt even have a mayor cause Neumann Practically owns and controls this town......Cause in the end we are all cut out faces on the pawns of Neumann's Chess board in the game that he is [b]WINNING[/b]!!!!!!!!

[quote name="#1 Manager" post="1034102" timestamp="1313125561"]
[quote author=Mmosley07 link=topic=86369.msg1033985#msg1033985 date=1313111749]
[quote author=bulldog81 link=topic=86369.msg1033937#msg1033937 date=1313102027]
To Mmosley07,
In an earlier post, you stated [b]"If we go back a bit and ask the School Board members you'll find that Coach Neumann and Coach English approached the board to get split block scheduling for boys and girls basketball so that they could meet everyday."[/b]

Coach Neumann was deadset against the everyday basketball class. It was only approved when the school board went against his wishes and forced it to happen.
[/quote]

This is absolutely 100% false. Coach Neumann suggested both boys and girls have split block scheduling. If you have an opinion that's fine but spewing absolute crap solves nothing.
[/quote]

Something some of yall might have no clue about is how poor Nederland advertises for their coaching jobs. This Summers Coaching Job Market listed only 2 jobs, Head Softball Coach & Linebacker coach. Last time I checked there were bout 4 more jobs to add to that list!  I tried asking who's encharge of posting and i didnt get an answer back (maybe cause the person encharge wouldnt want controversy if people found out)
  Micah I give you credit for trying to proove your points through a politcally correct stand point with all this budget stuff and teaching kids comes first..I agree! You were a great RB for Nederland I think one of the best! But how I recall it going down was that Neumann disliked the idea of basketball split block and English had to go fight for it through the school board and admininstrations. So if spewing absolute crap solves nothing.......You just solved [b]NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b] You can try to argue with me but I spent a majority of my high school career with Basketball/English and u spent yours with Football/Neumann  so basically we would be arguing back and forth over the two.
  My Last thing i would like to bring up is on the topic of [b]"Neumann's Great Bluff"[/b] (yeah im giving it a tittle cause you could write a book about it). Remember a couple of years ago when Coach Neumann came on the News and said he was considering leaving for the LaMargue job. Please, me and my dad both knew he wasnt gonna take that job. Moving from a pro dominate white school to a pro dominate black school in Houston, he couldnt handle those kids regardless of how highly everybody talks bout his coaching skills. He used scare tactics as a way to make the school district pay him more money to stay. If thats not a sign of a selfishness in Neumann,I dont what is!
  What it all comes down to is that no matter what we say or post on the message board the School Board & Administrations are scared to stand up against him. In my opinion we shouldnt even have a mayor cause Neumann Practically owns and controls this town......Cause in the end we are all cut out faces on the pawns of Neumann's Chess board in the game that he is [b]WINNING[/b]!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

:o ;D