Silsbee school board meeting tonight to announce coach

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ST413" post="1030867" timestamp="1312338592"]
so the rumored possibility is going to be the reality.  Hopefully it will work out in the best possible way for the Tigers!
[/quote]

It will work out fine.  They will have a coach (in actuality) who knows the program well and has been very instrumental in their recent successes.  Tigersvoice, its your responsibility to make sure those coaches are not leaning to the left. ::)

[quote name="no-look" post="1030874" timestamp="1312339791"]
A football coach with no head bb coaching experience for an elite program?   ???
[/quote]

This is most likely a one year interim basis. Kyle Mackey is a quality coach, both in football and basketball. Kyle Mackey, Ira Brooks and James Collins will do a great job as a staff.

Most folks do not know, Coach Mackey's first love is basketball and that's how he got to college, via a basketball scholarship. Just so happened that he could play football very well, enough to play quarterback in the NFL.

Wow!  Sounds like a head football coach / AD trying to kill a successful basketball program.
Mackey may be a great basketball coach, but having a varsity football coordinator coach basketball is a bad idea.  If the football team make any kind is playoff run the basketball program will be on the back burner.  Plus basketball practice starts before the end of football.  Where will his commitment be?  Definitely not fair to the basketball program.

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="1030882" timestamp="1312340856"]
Wow!  Sounds like a head football coach / AD trying to kill a successful basketball program.
Mackey may be a great basketball coach, but having a varsity football coordinator coach basketball is a bad idea.  If the football team make any kind is playoff run the basketball program will be on the back burner.  Plus basketball practice starts before the end of football.  Where will his commitment be?  Definitely not fair to the basketball program.
[/quote]

Coach Brooks and Coach Collins will take care of business until football is over. This will be most likely a joint effort in regards of the coaching.

Also, about 85% of the varsity basketball team plays varsity football. So, basketball may not start until football is over. ;)

I called it again, give title to someone else, and let ira coach. Silsbee now has to hope he can pass a test as soon as possible. A test he had failed to pass for ( I have no idea ) more than the time aloud at a school for sure.  I have seen shady things, but this is one is rt there up with any other.

[quote name="team first" post="1030888" timestamp="1312341768"]
I called it again, give title to someone else, and let ira coach. Silsbee now has to hope he can pass a test as soon as possible. A test he had failed to pass for ( I have no idea ) more than the time aloud at a school for sure.  I have seen shady things, but this is one is rt there up with any other.

[/quote]

Ira just got his degree this past December. Now he has to work on his certification. Not sure what you are speaking of in regards to his taking a test and having more time than allowed.

Ira Brooks is very well respected in coaching circles in southeast texas and even more so in the entire state of texas.  silsbee will be fine here and this is not a bad move at all.  i would tread lightly for those of you who are criticizing brooks and or silsbee.  their track record proves they know what they are doing over there in silsbee.

[quote name="sleepy" post="1030943" timestamp="1312373588"]
Ira Brooks is very well respected in coaching circles in southeast texas and even more so in the entire state of texas.  silsbee will be fine here and this is not a bad move at all.  i would tread lightly for those of you who are criticizing brooks and or silsbee.  their track record proves they know what they are doing over there in silsbee.
[/quote]

AMEN!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="stevenash" post="1030870" timestamp="1312339062"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=86248.msg1030867#msg1030867 date=1312338592]
so the rumored possibility is going to be the reality.  Hopefully it will work out in the best possible way for the Tigers!
[/quote]

It will work out fine.  They will have a coach (in actuality) who knows the program well and has been very instrumental in their recent successes.  Tigersvoice, its your responsibility to make sure those coaches are not leaning to the left. ::)
[/quote]

Got it covered! 8)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1030906" timestamp="1312346049"]
Head coach by committee? Sounds like a great idea. Not. What if they have a great year with Mackey as coach then he won't want to turn it over to Brooks?
[/quote]

You don't know our Guys very well do you?

[quote name="sleepy" post="1030943" timestamp="1312373588"]
[/quote]Hmmmm. A 3a boys sub-varsity basketball coach very well respected across the entire state of Texas. I went to college with a local 4a freshman boys coach and he's not gotten his "state-wide repect" badge yet he is certified & has been teaching and coaching for 11 years. I suspect foul play!

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1031030" timestamp="1312391305"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=86248.msg1030943#msg1030943 date=1312373588]
[/quote]Hmmmm. A 3a boys sub-varsity basketball coach very well respected across the entire state of Texas. I went to college with a local 4a freshman boys coach and he's not gotten his "state-wide repect" badge yet he is certified & has been teaching and coaching for 11 years. [b]I suspect foul play![/b]
[/quote]

Please explain.

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="1030882" timestamp="1312340856"]
[/quote]

Welcome to the club! Happens here all the time...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1031036" timestamp="1312391818"]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=86248.msg1031030#msg1031030 date=1312391305]
[/quote]Hmmmm. A 3a boys sub-varsity basketball coach very well respected across the entire state of Texas. I went to college with a local 4a freshman boys coach and he's not gotten his "state-wide repect" badge yet he is certified & has been teaching and coaching for 11 years. [b]I suspect foul play![/b]
[/quote]

Please explain.
[/quote]Freshman & JV coaches are not typically well known much less well respected across the state. Thats all

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1031045" timestamp="1312392403"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86248.msg1031036#msg1031036 date=1312391818]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=86248.msg1031030#msg1031030 date=1312391305]
[/quote]

Please explain.
[/quote]Freshman & JV coaches are not typically well known much less well respected across the state. Thats all

[/quote]

No, please explain your "foul play" remark.

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1031045" timestamp="1312392403"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86248.msg1031036#msg1031036 date=1312391818]
Ira Brooks is very well respected in coaching circles in southeast texas and even more so in the entire state of texas.  silsbee will be fine here and this is not a bad move at all.  i would tread lightly for those of you who are criticizing brooks and or silsbee.  their track record proves they know what they are doing over there in silsbee.
[/quote]

Please explain.

[/quote]

There are a number of freshmen and jv coaches who are competent.  You are going to find that nearly every successful head coach began his career as one of the two.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw