Official First Thread of Season

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1023235" timestamp="1310153466"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=85504.msg1023223#msg1023223 date=1310151897]
Trying real hard to get BH-89 to chime in and then it'll go crazy wild :D
[/quote]

That boy is attached to a  pole! If he doesn't stop biting one eyed trouser trout we may not see him this season ;D
[/quote]

sounds about right.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="liltex" post="1023323" timestamp="1310174609"]
Bh 89 is boat shopping for a much larger boat(purple/white) w/boocoo horsepower capable of a overnight tuna trip in the future since most of his fishermen are Dayton fans.We're looking for a single wide to set up in Freeport but haven't found 1 /crank out windows so we'd feel like being @ home.Gonna name it[b] "For Reel"[/b] w/horseshoe driveway w/a stuffed fish eagle mounted on a purple mailbox ;D ;D
[/quote]

lol.... ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="1023204" timestamp="1310150592"]
Well since the subject was brought up about BH catching Dayton the past 3 yrs.w/Dayton's best teams actually Dayt.Broncos have won the last 6 in a row back to 1985.The mound squeaked out a 7-6 win in 84.Then 82 & 83 Dayton wins again,then Bh eeks 1 out in 81 then Dayt.again in 80.Dayton takes 9 of 11 last games.Get ready for some more hot recruiting news possibly as early as monday Dayton may get a girls Basketball Coach that's coming from Ozen w/a son and a daughter.Before ya go ballistic w/it she used to be @ Dayton in the early 90's.Silent network says the son has been a starter for Ozen varsity as a fresh and is a soph.this yr.and is the real deal as a db there.;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

The Brown family ?

[quote name="liltex" post="1023317" timestamp="1310172548"]
Must be it's always a early sell-out and week long pep rallies.I've never seen the game but heard plenty about it.Heard it's been around over 60 yrs ;)
[/quote]

You will have to make one , Liltex.   I am driving from Houston this year now that i am back in TX.   Actually, we are about to have the 86th year and 88th game of the rivalry! . :)

Dayton doesn't have a rival because of its poor competitivness in all sports combined. Once they learn how to develope the other sports they may have a rival ,but when you beat someone in fooball every year then lose at all other competitions it's hard to develope a rival ship ;D PNG and NED are competitive at most sports and take turns at beating each other in all competitions thus the Rival IMO ;D

Stir Stir Stir :o

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1023609" timestamp="1310326351"]
Dayton doesn't have a rival because of its poor competitivness in all sports combined. Once they learn how to develope the other sports they may have a rival ,but when you beat someone in fooball every year then lose at all other competitions it's hard to develope a rival ship ;D PNG and NED are competitive at most sports and take turns at beating each other in all competitions thus the Rival IMO ;D

[/quote] Look to your Avatar for my response ! ;D

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1023613" timestamp="1310327743"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=85504.msg1023609#msg1023609 date=1310326351]

[/quote] Look to your Avatar for my response ! ;D
[/quote]

Back at cha ;D

[/quote]

You mean Dayton plays other sports? ;) ;D

Stirring a little more...

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1023629" timestamp="1310330045"]
[b]i only know Dayton for football and girls bball  ;D[/b]
[/quote]

DONT FORGET THE WORLD FAMOUS "SONIC SPECIALS" THAT ARE SEVERED TO 19-4A EVERY FOOTBALL SEASON ;) JUST ASK THA MOUND :D

I believe DHS track & powerlifting gotta be in there also.Not a HS sport as such but there's rodeo and we can ride w/the best of em.Even some grads riding in the PBR but of course ya'll already know we're the world champ cow chip chungers ;D ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="1023688" timestamp="1310350918"]
I believe DHS track & powerlifting gotta be in there also.Not a HS sport as such but there's rodeo and we can ride w/the best of em.Even some grads riding in the PBR but of course ya'll already know we're the world champ cow chip chungers ;D ;D
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

I've been known to pitch a little poop from time to time myself.  :D

[quote name="VPirate" post="1023691" timestamp="1310351879"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=85504.msg1023688#msg1023688 date=1310350918]
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

I've been known to pitch a little poop from time to time myself.  :D

[/quote]

You said poop  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

In Texas,  football supersedes all other sports.  Nobody cares about girls volleyball or CX debate.  We'll continue to be one of the best, if not the best program in the area in the last 15 years and yall can sit back with your big mouth coach and wish you could compete with us.  I thought last year might teach you boys on the hill a little lesson in humility, but I guess not. 

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="1025452" timestamp="1310869502"]

[/quote]

In Texas,  football supersedes all other sports.  [glow=red,2,300]Nobody cares about girls volleyball or CX debate[/glow].   We'll continue to be one of the best, if not the best program in the area in the last 15 years and yall can sit back with your big mouth coach and wish you could compete with us.  I thought last year might teach you boys on the hill a little lesson in humility, but I guess not. 
[/quote]

And this sentiment is why there is so much discontent with parents in purpleland...  No surprise that Dayton can't be successful in other sports lol

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1025750" timestamp="1310959131"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=85504.msg1025452#msg1025452 date=1310869502]

[/quote]

In Texas,  football supersedes all other sports.  [glow=red,2,300]Nobody cares about girls volleyball or CX debate[/glow].   We'll continue to be one of the best, if not the best program in the area in the last 15 years and yall can sit back with your big mouth coach and wish you could compete with us.  I thought last year might teach you boys on the hill a little lesson in humility, but I guess not. 
[/quote]

And this sentiment is why there is so much discontent with parents in purpleland...  No surprise that Dayton can't be successful in other sports lol
[/quote]

No surprise that you hang on to secondary sports, when you're mediocre at best on the gridiron. Actually mediocrity might be a step up from 54-0.

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="1027529" timestamp="1311396133"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=85504.msg1025750#msg1025750 date=1310959131]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=85504.msg1025452#msg1025452 date=1310869502]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No surprise that you hang on to secondary sports, when you're mediocre at best on the gridiron. Actually mediocrity might be a step up from 54-0.
[/quote]

Wow, that took a "weak" for a response.  Nobody is hanging on to secondary sports, just pointing out the typical Dayton poster's rationale that only football matters (to excuse their lack of competiveness in ever other sport), which is kinda sad...The envy continues..... ;D

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1027845" timestamp="1311551166"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=85504.msg1027529#msg1027529 date=1311396133]

[/quote]

In Texas,  football supersedes all other sports.  [glow=red,2,300]Nobody cares about girls volleyball or CX debate[/glow].  We'll continue to be one of the best, if not the best program in the area in the last 15 years and yall can sit back with your big mouth coach and wish you could compete with us.  I thought last year might teach you boys on the hill a little lesson in humility, but I guess not. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow, that took a "[b]weak[/b]" for a response.  Nobody is hanging on to secondary sports, just pointing out the typical Dayton poster's rationale that only football matters (to excuse their lack of competiveness in ever other sport), which is kinda sad...The envy continues..... ;D
[/quote]
                  ::)
Describes BH football team and that only took about 20 minutes not a "week" :o :o ;D ;D :D :D

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1027845" timestamp="1311551166"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=85504.msg1027529#msg1027529 date=1311396133]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow, that took a "weak" for a response.  Nobody is hanging on to secondary sports, just pointing out the typical Dayton poster's rationale that only football matters (to excuse their lack of competiveness in ever other sport), which is kinda sad...The envy continues..... ;D
[/quote]

If you choose to believe that football isn't king in Texas, go ahead.    All you have to do is look at the attendance.  When is the last time you saw 12000 people at a girls basketball game?  I'd be willing to bet most non football teams don't have 12000 people attend their games in  an entire season.   

I understand your need to beat your chest about other sports because your school is garbage in the one sport that truly matters.  Deep down you know you'd trade the success of your school's other sports for a portion of the success Dayton has had recently in football. 

That 54-0 beat down is making some of you bitter and jealous. 

Who is arguing that football is not king? and wasnt beating my chest or anyone elses about success in other sports...once again...just pointing out why so many Dayton (non-football) parents are unhappy with the overall athletic program.  It was a response to the Dayton poster saying "Nobody cares about..." other sports/activities.  Truth hurts so much that you cant seem follow the thread ? lol.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1028557" timestamp="1311740528"]
Who is arguing that football is not king? and wasnt beating my chest or anyone elses about success in other sports...once again...just pointing out why so many Dayton (non-football) parents are unhappy with the overall athletic program.  It was a response to the Dayton poster saying "Nobody cares about..." other sports/activities.  Truth hurts so much that you cant seem follow the thread ? lol.

[/quote]

Dayton folks are still trying to learn how to read and comprehend words and such ;D But man they are good at foozzzball 8) This is the only time of year a Dayton fan can be a Dayton Fan :'(

After they play all year and find that they still are not ever going to have a state title in the sport they love it's back to getting their but kicked in the other activities that make a school a school :o Maybe we should start a program to adopt a Bronco during the other 8 months of the year, so they can witness what it's like to be in a true athletic/academic program 8)

Adopt a Bronco?  Now there's a way to get the BH football team on the right track.  You should have thought about that a long time ago.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1028605" timestamp="1311769648"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=85504.msg1028557#msg1028557 date=1311740528]

[/quote]

Dayton folks are still trying to learn how to read and comprehend words and such ;D But man they are good at foozzzball 8) This is the only time of year a Dayton fan can be a Dayton Fan :'(

After they play all year and find that they still are not ever going to have a state title in the sport they love it's back to getting their but kicked in the other activities that make a school a school :o Maybe we should start a program to [b][color=purple][size=18pt]adopt a Bronco[/size][/color][/b] during the other 8 months of the year, so they can witness what it's like to be in a true athletic/academic program 8)
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder