Q&A with WO-S' DeCarlos Renfro and Justin Thomas

He might have a faster 40 time than Justin, but when you get to the 100 and 200 meters, he's not faster. A lot of these kids are pretty close in speed though. Colin Janice(who was state runner up in the 400 meters as a soph.) is pretty fast too. He anchored the 4x100 relay when Mark Roberts was injured and did a great job. I think that's what makes Wo-s track team so good year after year. They have runners who all have state championship caliber speed. There are some J.v runners who can run with these guys too and a couple of upcoming freshman Deonte Thompson and Devin Moore who will probably be winning some state championships in track as well. They are also on the mustang football team.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1022294" timestamp="1309819113"]
He might have a faster 40 time than Justin, but when you get to the 100 and 200 meters, he's not faster. A lot of these kids are pretty close in speed though. Colin Janice(who was state runner up in the 400 meters as a soph.) is pretty fast too. He anchored the 4x100 relay when Mark Roberts was injured and did a great job. I think that's what makes Wo-s track team so good year after year. They have runners who all have state championship caliber speed. There are some J.v runners who can run with these guys too and a couple of upcoming freshman Deonte Thompson and Devin Moore who will probably be winning some state championships in track as well. They are also on the mustang football team.
[/quote]I guess the freshman phenom will not be on varsity as i thought after talking to one of the players over the weekend. I gotta feeling he'll get moved up come playoff time

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1022294" timestamp="1309819113"]
[/quote]

Devin is fast, but he didn't run track this year. Trey Spencer, Troy Brinson and Ike are some others in that class that can fly and actually have better 40 times than D Thompson.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1022707" timestamp="1310005793"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=85373.msg1022294#msg1022294 date=1309819113]
[/quote]

Devin is fast, but he didn't run track this year. Trey Spencer, Troy Brinson and Ike are some others in that class that can fly and actually have better 40 times than D Thompson.
[/quote]

Yeah, Devin didn't run for the school this year, but will this upcoming season. He's doing very well for the Orange track club in his first year running track. Many of these kids have alot of speed. Yes Trey Spencer can run and can hit in football. Don't really know anything about the other two you mentioned, but I'm sure we'll be hearing from them soon. The Freshman football team will be very good.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1022717" timestamp="1310008729"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=85373.msg1022707#msg1022707 date=1310005793]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=85373.msg1022294#msg1022294 date=1309819113]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, Devin didn't run for the school this year, but will this upcoming season. He's doing very well for the Orange track club in his first year running track. Many of these kids have alot of speed. Yes Trey Spencer can run and can hit in football. Don't really know anything about the other two you mentioned, but I'm sure we'll be hearing from them soon. [b]The Freshman football team will be very good.[/b][/quote]

Did this freshman team beat the undefeated PN team last year as eighth graders?? This was suppose to be a highly anticipated matchup, but I don't recall who won, or if they even played that game. Fill me in.

Deionte Thompson and Devin Moore should be commended for trading in most of their summer fun to work hard with the Orange Track Club. They are doing a great job with that. They are also outstanding football players and what will separate them from a lot of people as they go through high school is their work ethic.

[quote name="VNUPE" post="1022783" timestamp="1310044652"]
Deionte Thompson and Devin Moore should be commended for trading in most of their summer fun to work hard with the Orange Track Club. They are doing a great job with that. They are also outstanding football players and what will separate them from a lot of people as they go through high school is their work ethic.
[/quote]

I agree, both are outstanding athletes and kids!

[quote name="jr1979" post="1022747" timestamp="1310023273"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=85373.msg1022717#msg1022717 date=1310008729]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, Devin didn't run for the school this year, but will this upcoming season. He's doing very well for the Orange track club in his first year running track. Many of these kids have alot of speed. Yes Trey Spencer can run and can hit in football. Don't really know anything about the other two you mentioned, but I'm sure we'll be hearing from them soon. [b]The Freshman football team will be very good.[/b][/quote]

Did this freshman team beat the undefeated PN team last year as eighth graders?? This was suppose to be a highly anticipated matchup, but I don't recall who won, or if they even played that game. Fill me in.
[/quote]

Are you sure it was PN that was undefeated? They were supposed to play Nederland who was very good, but the game got canceled when Reggie passed.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1022859" timestamp="1310060130"]
[quote author=jr1979 link=topic=85373.msg1022747#msg1022747 date=1310023273]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=85373.msg1022717#msg1022717 date=1310008729]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you sure it was PN that was undefeated? They were supposed to play Nederland who was very good, but the game got canceled when Reggie passed.
[/quote]
Gasilla- You are correct, it is Nederland. This will be the week 1 matchup,and I may drive down to catch that one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder