Evadale Banana Slugs

This summer Evadale is playing summer league baseball and a couple of young men searched the internet for the most unusual mascot they could come up with...well I think they found it! If you google Banana Slugs you will find that it is the mascot of the University of California Santa Monica. They are a D3 NCAA progam and they are known as the "Banana Slugs".

The Banana Slugs "Evadale Style" will be made up of underclassmen from Evadale. The Rebels had 8 seniors on this years team and six of them were starters so the underclassmen will be able to get in plenty of work in the summer league to prepare to step in and perform in 2012.

The Banana Slugs schedule is
June 2 vs. Vidor 5:30 PM
June 7 @ Hampshire-Fannett (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM
June 21 vs. LCM #2 (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM
June 28 vs. LCM #1 (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM
July 5 vs. Orangefield (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM
July 12 vs. LCM #2 (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM
July 19 vs. Warren (DH) 6 & 8 PM
July 26 @ Vidor (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM

Good luck to the Banana Slugs and I am sure that the shirts will quickly become collectors items so be sure to order yours early!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="1015707" timestamp="1306945064"]
This summer Evadale is playing summer league baseball and a couple of young men searched the internet for the most unusual mascot they could come up with...well I think they found it! If you google Banana Slugs you will find that it is the mascot of the University of California Santa Monica. They are a D3 NCAA progam and they are known as the "Banana Slugs".

The Banana Slugs "Evadale Style" will be made up of underclassmen from Evadale. The Rebels had 8 seniors on this years team and six of them were starters so the underclassmen will be able to get in plenty of work in the summer league to prepare to step in and perform in 2012.

The Banana Slugs schedule is
June 2 vs. Vidor 5:30 PM
June 7 @ Hampshire-Fannett (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM
June 21 vs. LCM #2 (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM
June 28 vs. LCM #1 (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM
July 5 vs. Orangefield (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM
July 12 vs. LCM #2 (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM
July 19 vs. Warren (DH) 6 & 8 PM
July 26 @ Vidor (DH) 5:30 & 7:30 PM

Good luck to the Banana Slugs and I am sure that the shirts will quickly become collectors items so be sure to order yours early!
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, RY and good luck to the Banana Slugs, whatever the heck that is. LOL!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder