Brenham vs Santa Fe- Game 3 Updates/Brenham advances to Region III Final!

Brenham took a 1-0 lead in the series on Thursday, with a 14-5 win.  Kubeczka pitched a complete game for the Cubs, while Santa Fe used 3 pitchers in the loss.  In game 2 Brenham threw Schlottmann, who went all 7 innings and only gave up 1 run.  Turns out, it was 1 too many.  Schlottmann walked a guy in the 5th, who eventually was caught in a run down between 1st and 2nd, and tagged out.  None of that mattered though, after the umpire explained that he had called a balk.  The next batter hit a bloop single over the second basemans head, and the run scored.  In the bottom of the 6th, Roberts got a hold of one that looked like it would tie the game, but it was hit to the deepest part of the park, and it hit the middle of the fence.  The double was about 3 feet away from tying the game at 1.  All in all, it was a pitching dual that Santa Fe won.  In 2 days, Brenham has used 2 pitchers, while Santa Fe has used 4.  The win was nice for Santa Fe, but I think David and his sling shot are out of rocks.  I can't remember the last time Brenham lost 2 games in a row.... (maybe a year or 2 ago) That being said, I just don't see Brenham losing.  We have the depth and we havn't used as many pitchers in the series.  We could see Nutt on the mound, but my guess is that Stegant will get the start.  Just ask PNG how he pitches in game 3's! ;) ;D

Let's go Cubs!  Magnolia awaits the winner in the regional final...

Stegent singles, Schlottmann sac bunt, Bentke RBI single, Nutt into fielders choice, Kubeczka RBI double, Roberts RBI single, Bolcerek reaches on a throwing error (Roberts scores, Bolcerek to 2nd), 2nd pitching change for SF, runner advances on a pass ball, run scores on a pass ball, Baker walks, Baker steals 2nd, Walla RBI double, Stegent foul out.
(Brenham flexing their muscles now...  Probably mad from last night) :D

Mid 4
Brenham 10
Santa Fe 0

Roberts walks, Bolcerek walks, another pitching change SF, Baker 3 run HR (400ft + & over the foul pole), Walla doubles, Zettel sac bunt, Schlottmann HBP, delayed double steal (run scores), Bentke singles, delayed double steal (runner out at 2nd but run scores), Jacobs singles, Kubeczka 2 run HR, Roberts reaches on an error, Bolcerek grounds out.

Mid 6
Brenham 18
Santa Fe 7

Brenham just had an extended BP session as the Indians ran out of pitching. Last night's game was a masterpiece in pitching by both pitchers. Today the wind was gusting out and the pitchers were probably not regular pitchers, but were never say die. Congrats to Indians for a great season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu