Nederland vs. Barbers Hill Game 3 Thread/Nederland wins series 2-1!

Guest igivu22
HEY NHS83LU87 ..... Then let WHATHAPPENED argue the point then!!!  Eagles did out play the dogs in games 1 and 3

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="igivu22" post="1007599" timestamp="1304813414"]
HEY NHS83LU87 ..... Then let WHATHAPPENED argue the point then!!!  Eagles did out play the dogs in games 1 and 3
[/quote]

We will go ahead and give ya'll the moral victory, but the Dogs will still be playing baseball next weekend.  ;D

Guest igivu22
just arguing!!!! lol  1696dogs is the only one that sees how close it was for the dogs losing this seires!!! for him i say GOODLUCK NEXT ROUND.

[quote name="igivu22" post="1007599" timestamp="1304813414"]
[/quote]

But he was misquoting someone else to make his argument.  It is quite simple if you outplayed Nederland then you would be playing Magnolia next weekend......I give you game 1 BH outplayed Nederland hands down and won but not games 2 and I believe game 3 was pretty even.......BH used their ace and #2 and Nederland showed their depth.....BH made more errors in game 3 than Nederland but had more hits......Nederland's pitching and defense allowed 2 runs in game 3 while BH's allowed 3.  Scoreboards don't lie.  

Guest igivu22
excuse me MRS.1696dogs . good luck to guys. you did do a great job on the play by play. if not for you i would have missed games 2 and 3

My high school coach preached to us that most high school baseball games are lost not won.Games one and three are prime examples.Game two was a beautiful pitchers duel.With the lack of hard hit balls in this series.I will hate to see what BBCOR does to high school baseball next year!

Best of luck to Nederland as you advance.  An exciting series to watch with each game intense.
The Dog program has so much good history and you should be proud of your Facility...It's so Baseball.

We're proud of our Eagles and hope the we can get another chance in the 12' season.

[quote name="ragarm55" post="1007735" timestamp="1304864747"]
Best of luck to Nederland as you advance.  An exciting series to watch with each game intense.
The Dog program has so much good history and you should be proud of your Facility...It's so Baseball.

We're proud of our Eagles and hope the we can get another chance in the 12' season.

[/quote]
This was a very good post, credit to both teams and a knod to the future of your team. I dont have a horse in this race, I go to the games now to watch individual players. I made it to the game at Lamar because I was hoping to see your #1 pitcher and I always enjoy watching the Nederland catcher, he plays the game the way it should be played, 100% every play. Didnt get to see the game Friday, as our local team started their playoff run, but I have heard that your #1 pitcher threw a very good game.

Guest Ranger83
Ok. I've watched the video posted on here and the one on KDFM. How is that an error on the 3rd baseman? The bases were loaded? Correct?

It appeared to me that the catcher missed the throw and was trying to apply a swipe tag.

[quote name="Year of the Pat!" post="1007906" timestamp="1304948435"]
Ok. I've watched the video posted on here and the one on KDFM. How is that an error on the 3rd baseman? The bases were loaded? Correct?
It appeared to me that the catcher missed the throw and was trying to apply a swipe tag.
[/quote]

It appeared from my view it was a catchable throw, doubt if T.Smith would have been doubled up at 1st. The Dogs would have had another shot at it with the bases loaded if the play would have been succesfull on Barbers Hill's part. The catcher might have thought his foot wasn't on the plate in the reason of the swipe.

Alot of what if's, Dogs move on.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1007916" timestamp="1304949877"]
[quote author=Year of the Pat! link=topic=84054.msg1007906#msg1007906 date=1304948435]
[/quote]

It appeared from my view it was a catchable throw, doubt if T.Smith would have been doubled up at 1st. The Dogs would have had another shot at it with the bases loaded if the play would have been succesfull on Barbers Hill's part. The catcher might have thought his foot wasn't on the plate in the reason of the swipe.

[/quote]

I agree. I was just trying to put together what I read on here with what the video showed.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1007916" timestamp="1304949877"]
[quote author=Year of the Pat! link=topic=84054.msg1007906#msg1007906 date=1304948435]
[/quote]

[/quote]
That is correct. it was a good throw just that is the BH catcher. after every strike out even if he caught the ball he would still like to tag the batter. Comes back to bite him in the butt

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="1007923" timestamp="1304950427"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=84054.msg1007916#msg1007916 date=1304949877]
[/quote]

[/quote]
That is correct. it was a good throw just that is the BH catcher. after every strike out even if he caught the ball he would still like to tag the batter. Comes back to bite him in the butt
[/quote]

Not sure where you were sitting but from my view the throw was high and off the plate.  Besides that was does him tagging the hitter after a so have to do w/ this play??

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Bigwood" post="1007954" timestamp="1304954439"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=84054.msg1007923#msg1007923 date=1304950427]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=84054.msg1007916#msg1007916 date=1304949877]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Not sure where you were sitting but from my view the throw was high and off the plate.  Besides that was does him tagging the hitter after a so have to do w/ this play??
[/quote]

From the video, the throw was high, but tipped his glove. It just looked to me that he was trying to apply a tag.

[quote name="Bigwood" post="1007954" timestamp="1304954439"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=84054.msg1007923#msg1007923 date=1304950427]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Not sure where you were sitting but from my view the throw was high and off the plate.  Besides that was does him tagging the hitter after a so have to do w/ this play??
[/quote]

It is what it is.  They shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place, but I guess that's why you play the game.  Some teams find a way to win and some find a way to loose......  Congrats to Nederland for finding a way to win. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder