Dayton vs. Goose Creek Memorial Game Thread/Goose Creek Memorial wins/Comments

It all sounds like a lot of daddy talk to me.  When the dust settles and the stats are complete the coaches will have to duke it out for their boyz  . . . and they do have their work cut out for them this year.  I luv it when the daddy's get territorial and start beating their chests.

Pitch Count - has said it so true - Why are these daddy's giving their son's so much praise for throwing strikes, hitting the balls over the fence etc,  I thought that is what the players are suppose to do go out hit the ball, play defensive and win the game so why should they get so much credit.!!!!
Kinda like my child thinks they should be awarded for straight A's - isn't that what he/she is suppose to do is make good grades. Now don't get me wrong I am proud when my son(s) have awesome showings  when batting, fielding and pitching, but don't need to go on here and start comparing and praising to us all!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with being proud of your son / daughter and praising their every breath. Some people are just more involved with their children than others... Example: Several parents treat athletics as a daycare and drop their kids off for two hours and then come back to get them and wonder why little Johnny never plays..Wonder why...

[quote name="Hardworker" post="1000822" timestamp="1303406948"]
Pitch Count - has said it so true - Why are these daddy's giving their son's so much praise for throwing strikes, hitting the balls over the fence etc,  I thought that is what the players are suppose to do go out hit the ball, play defensive and win the game so why should they get so much credit.!!!!
Kinda like my child thinks they should be awarded for straight A's - isn't that what he/she is suppose to do is make good grades. Now don't get me wrong I am proud when my son(s) have awesome showings  when batting, fielding and pitching, but don't need to go on here and start comparing and praising to us all!!!!!
[/quote]

Except for the majority of the posters on this thread I know or know who they are.....and they [b]are not[/b] the dads of these kids..
So much for that theory.

[quote name="Hardworker" post="1000875" timestamp="1303413980"]
Didn't say there was anything wrong with it - but enough of boosting about your own child

And I have to disagree - Bet most of the poster are dads, grandparents, uncles, etc.

But hey just my opinion!!!!

[/quote]

On this particular thread....they are not the dads of the kids being discussed.

[quote name="blablabla" post="1000890" timestamp="1303417194"]
  I'm sure a lot of people start threads or post things about their kids, but I know the kids that are being spoke of for MVP or post honors, ain't coming from daddy on this post.  I still think if GCM takes it , it should be Chance, he is not my kid nor does my kid play for GCM.  Nothing wrong with Martinez either, but he does not swing it like Chance, all around player.
[/quote]\

Thank you.  ;D

Guest Ranger83
I'm not Martinez's dad either, but if he finishes district undefeated, he will have beaten Crosby, BH. rel, and GP. That is asking a lot, but it COULD happen. A feat very worthy of MVP consideration.

By the way, he swings a pretty nice stick himself. Just no place on the field for him at this point. He quite possibly will take over one of the OF spots next season when all three will be vacated by graduation.

I guess the bright spot in this "argument" is that Czerwonka and Martinez are both Jr.'s. Fear the Goose!

[quote name="Pitch Count" post="1000813" timestamp="1303405833"]
It all sounds like a lot of daddy talk to me.  When the dust settles and the stats are complete the coaches will have to duke it out for their boyz  . . . and they do have their work cut out for them this year.  I luv it when the daddy's get territorial and start beating their chests.
[/quote]

Glad to get some emotional discussion going . . .  I wasn't just referring to the daddies of the so called "elite".  I luv it when emotions run high for favorites whether by individual or teams.  This type of discussion brings out the true characters behind the monikers and some insight into their perspective.  however, again . . . all opinions.  Coaches . . . take your corners . . . put 'em up, put 'em up . . .

You guys are sensitive!!! The daddy posting comment was even talking about all the MVP postings, let just say I wouldn't want to be a coach of any team who has to make that vote. There are several good ones out there and at any given game will stand out, even if you aren't undefeated, hitting home runs!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin