Lumberton vs. Huntsville Girls Match Thread/Huntsville wins/Comments

When we went back out after lightning delay, the Lady Raiders really took it to them. Coulda won it there. Had some good opportunities that the Lady Hornets GK took away. We had them on tilt and were doing a good job on the attack. We had some nice thru balls that put us 1v1 with their GK during the game. Like I said, the GK was pretty good.

The Lady Raider defense played awesome. GK Makenzie Watts had some nice saves. Katie Evans was very solid in the midfield.

Overall throughout the game I thought the Lady Raiders out played them and would get one in at any second.

But I do have to scratch my head over why we had 2 fullbacks taking the penalty shots in the shootout instead of forwards/offensive players. (Of course my kid is a forward, so I have my predjudice.) The only thing I can think of is that he chose the players that do the best at the shootout in practice. I just would think forwards work so much on just that sort of situation, that they would be better suited for penalty kicks. Start with best offensive player (Stowe) and then 2nd best, etc. 

Anyway, congrats to the players and coaches on a fine season. It has been a blast watching the games as a parent. I look forward to next season! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder