**BRIDGE CITY @ SILSBEE Broadcast**/Silsbee wins 8-6/Comments

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the umps were terrible BC had worse calls on bases go against them Silsbee has a good team and the team to beat but when blue takes the inner half of plate away it a long night for pitcher that relies on that pitch I hope the umps will better next time

Silsbee knows if they are going to make a run for Austin they have to beat teams like Bridge City in district play because it sure doesn't getting any easier down the road. Bridge City has to come out this game knowing they can compete with the Silsbee's and others and work themselves into a playoff run.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="990495" timestamp="1301499303"]
Silsbee knows if they are going to make a run for Austin they have to beat teams like Bridge City in district play because it sure doesn't getting any easier down the road. Bridge City has to come out this game knowing they can compete with the Silsbee's and others and work themselves into a playoff run.
[/quote]

Agreed, good comments.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="990462" timestamp="1301496866"]
The plate ump was tight for EVERY pitcher, not just one. ::)

I [b]admited[/b] that the base ump missed a couple.

Still, the better team won. ;D
[/quote]

WOW.... wait I have to save this...... ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="990293" timestamp="1301457528"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=82367.msg990290#msg990290 date=1301457255]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=82367.msg990256#msg990256 date=1301455437]
So I guess it's not all just hype. Good game.
[/quote]

Good game tigers....... Blue was horrible tonight!!!!!!!!!  If you was at the game you saw for yourself if you wasn't you have No idea......
[/quote]

I agree that the home plate ump was very tight with his strike zone for both teams, did not favor any pitcher. [b]The base ump missed a couple[/b].

But, the better team won. ;)
[/quote]

Save this one too. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="990522" timestamp="1301500479"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=82367.msg990293#msg990293 date=1301457528]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=82367.msg990290#msg990290 date=1301457255]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=82367.msg990256#msg990256 date=1301455437]
So I guess it's not all just hype. Good game.
[/quote]

Good game tigers....... Blue was horrible tonight!!!!!!!!!  If you was at the game you saw for yourself if you wasn't you have No idea......
[/quote]

I agree that the home plate ump was very tight with his strike zone for both teams, did not favor any pitcher. [b]The base ump missed a couple[/b].

But, the better team won. ;)
[/quote]

Save this one too. ;D
[/quote]

More...More......More........ I still have about 300 gigs of free space....  ;D

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="990486" timestamp="1301498664"]
Silsbee is a solid club they are state ranked , best 15 clubs in Texas, Bridge City isn't ranked on any state polls.

Both clubs found out last night how they stack up.
[/quote]

BC just decided to let someone else be ranked this year for a change.....  ;D

A couple of random thoughts:
Random thoughts...

1. Odds of Silsbee and BC playing 3 times to decide the district title (split home games and then playoff) are better than average.

2. Flip the script from last night and our "resident homer" leads the pack in calling for a congressional investigation into umpire eyesight.

3. All I know is that any time these 2 teams play each other I will be there because they are very evenly matched and provide the fans a great game to watch no matter who you pull for.

4. Running on Dishon's arm and trying to run over Menard will certainly be scratched from the Silsbee playbook. ;)

5. A couple of really talented Silsbee Freshmen served notice last night that they will be a big part of this rivalry for quite some time. Gore with the HR and Powell from the mound.

[quote name="Rake1" post="990577" timestamp="1301502458"]
A couple of random thoughts:
Random thoughts...

1. Odds of Silsbee and BC playing 3 times to decide the district title (split home games and then playoff) are better than average.

2. [b]Flip the script from last night and our "resident homer" leads the pack in calling for a congressional investigation into umpire eyesight[/b].

3. All I know is that any time these 2 teams play each other I will be there because they are very evenly matched and provide the fans a great game to watch no matter who you pull for.

4. Running on Dishon's arm and trying to run over Menard will certainly be scratched from the Silsbee playbook. ;)

5. A couple of really talented Silsbee Freshmen served notice last night that they will be a big part of this rivalry for quite some time. Gore with the HR and Powell from the mound.
[/quote]

I agree with all but #2. I never blame officials for a loss. May say that the officiating might have been bad, but not at the cost of losing a game. Never have posted anything of the such and do not plan on starting.

I'll leave that whine to the "resident" whine makers. ;)

That didn't take long.  ;D

Nobody blamed the officials for the loss, I agree that can't be used as an excuse. Silsbee had the timely hits, no doubt. The statement was made that the officiating was bad and you hate to have that for either side in a game like this. Both sides suffered with the strike zone. Now the calls in the field..... :o  Looking forward to the next one. I may have some tailgaters from Tiger Town over to enjoy a pre-game snack and beverage. ;D

[quote name="Rake1" post="990588" timestamp="1301503087"]

[b]Nobody[/b] blamed the officials for the loss, I agree that can't be used as an excuse. Silsbee had the timely hits, no doubt. The statement was made that the officiating was bad and you hate to have that for either side in a game like this. Both sides suffered with the strike zone. Now the calls in the field..... :o  Looking forward to the next one. I may have some tailgaters from Tiger Town over to enjoy a pre-game snack and beverage. ;D
[/quote]

Nobody? You may want to check a couple of the other BC fan's posts. ;)

One even stated:

Silsbee and umps  8
BC                      6

what a great atmosphere last night in Silsbee.   it was a great crowd.   good to see the people come out to support Tiger baseball.   yes there are a couple of talented underclassmen on the field for silsbee, however, the seniors are doing a great job this year!!    it is wonderful to see them having fun and enjoying the game of baseball again!   and winning!!!  congratulations to coach nelson, luna and kirby.... and to the players.....  

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="990609" timestamp="1301503896"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=82367.msg990588#msg990588 date=1301503087]

[b]Nobody[/b] blamed the officials for the loss, I agree that can't be used as an excuse. Silsbee had the timely hits, no doubt. The statement was made that the officiating was bad and you hate to have that for either side in a game like this. Both sides suffered with the strike zone. Now the calls in the field..... :o  Looking forward to the next one. I may have some tailgaters from Tiger Town over to enjoy a pre-game snack and beverage. ;D
[/quote]

Nobody? You may want to check a couple of the other BC fan's posts. ;)

One even stated:

Silsbee and umps  8
BC                      6
[/quote]

Hey.... Leave me alone!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D

[quote name="bccards" post="990457" timestamp="1301496509"]
[color=red][font=Verdana][i][b]the umps were terrible BC had worse calls on bases go against [/b] [/i] [/font] [/color] them Silsbee has a good team and the team to beat [color=red]but when blue takes the inner half of plate away it a long night for pitcher that relies on that pitch I hope the umps will better next time
[/quote][/color]

Pretty sure they are taking applications for new umpires.  Plenty of room.  I can make a call if you are interested or anyone else......

Neither teams fans should be boasting about "why we won" or "why we lost". It sounded like a good game, I wasn't there. I am sure the umps did the best they were capable of. I really don't think any ump would purposely make a bad call. I know bad calls are made sometimes but I think they are just missed calls. And, hey, that is just baseball. It even happens sometimes in the pros. Rarely though, I think. The next game is going to be played in Bridge City. I plan on being there and I hope to see the two best teams in the district play another close game. Good luck to both teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298