Lake Bob Sandlin

We went today and boated 33 bass and 1 crappie using mostly junebug powerbait worms.  there were a lot of small fish, but i caught one that went 5 1/2 lbs.  we also had one that went about 4, one about 3, and several more between 2-2 1/2 lbs.  I'd say we caught at least 15 fish that were legal.  all in all, a pretty awesome day fishing.

i'd make the trip, png.  the nice fish i caught had a bloody tail, but only two or three of the fish we caught were spawning.  most of the fish we caught were off of big points.  the wind beat the crap out of us today, but it was blowing the bait fish into those areas and the bass were eating anything and everything.  about five minutes after i caught my nice one, my buddy hooked up with a fish that looked like it weighed at least 6 1/2 or 7 lbs, so there are some big ones starting to move in shallow.  a lot of the 14-15 inch fish we caught were chunks, which was also fun because they were putting up pretty good fights.

and yes, beechnut, it's in east texas.

[quote name="bullets13" post="988869" timestamp="1301187340"]
We went today and boated 33 bass and 1 crappie using mostly junebug powerbait worms.  there were a lot of small fish, but i caught one that went 5 1/2 lbs.  we also had one that went about 4, one about 3, and several more between 2-2 1/2 lbs.  I'd say we caught at least 15 fish that were legal.  all in all, a pretty awesome day fishing.
[/quote]

Wow...that's the kind of days you hope for!

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="990742" timestamp="1301517407"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=82320.msg989145#msg989145 date=1301284061]
That lake looks bigger than I expected.

[/quote]

ALOT......how far from Lumberton??
[/quote]

4-4 1/2 hours, probably.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member