Galena Park vs. Crosby Game Thread/Galena Park wins/Comments

[quote name="juskillenit89" post="988518" timestamp="1301104442"]
Just not enough hitting on the Crosby team, going to have a long road if they don't score more runs.

[/quote]Your right about that, no consistent hitting this year. Not much at all for that matter.

[quote name="TEL" post="988846" timestamp="1301180780"]
[quote author=juskillenit89 link=topic=82288.msg988518#msg988518 date=1301104442]
Just not enough hitting on the Crosby team, going to have a long road if they don't score more runs.

[/quote]Your right about that, no consistent hitting this year. Not much at all for that matter.
[/quote]they have a team batting avg. of .356.  they can hit the ball... just not last night.... when they did hit the ball it was right at them...

[quote name="hitman009" post="988918" timestamp="1301195839"]
[quote author=TEL link=topic=82288.msg988846#msg988846 date=1301180780]
[quote author=juskillenit89 link=topic=82288.msg988518#msg988518 date=1301104442]

[/quote]they have a team batting avg. of .356.  they can hit the ball... just not last night.... when they did hit the ball it was right at them...
[/quote]They have also already played the two weakest teams in district which makes that number a little misleading. They need to hit against the [b]top[/b] teams in district if they are going to make the playoffs. They have to have a little run support for Gabby, Baytown Lee knows that. BH and GCM are going to throw their studs against you, better wake the sticks up.

[quote name="hitman009" post="988918" timestamp="1301195839"]

[/quote]

You posted .356 avg, what is your District play avg?  I didn't see anyone say Crosby couldn't, just that they weren't hitting and if they don't with BH & GCM coming up the pitching can't be expected to be perfect.  Let's be honest NF & King make that avg in district a lot healthier.  Another note I hope in the future Crosby plays a more aggressive non district tournament schedule.  Stay away from the 3A teams and play some 5A so district and playoff pitching isnt such a higher quality level.

[quote name="juskillenit89" post="988966" timestamp="1301235554"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=82288.msg988918#msg988918 date=1301195839]

[/quote]they have a team batting avg. of .356.  they can hit the ball... just not last night.... when they did hit the ball it was right at them...
[/quote]

You posted .356 avg, what is your District play avg?  I didn't see anyone say Crosby couldn't, just that they weren't hitting and if they don't with BH & GCM coming up the pitching can't be expected to be perfect.  Let's be honest NF & King make that avg in district a lot healthier.  Another note I hope in the future Crosby plays a more aggressive non district tournament schedule.  Stay away from the 3A teams and play some 5A so district and playoff pitching isnt such a higher quality level.
[/quote]I hate it whe people do not do their research before posting....
they had about the same avg. before they played NF & King...
Crosby vs Lee avg. 087, vs. NF .318, vs King .500 vs vs. Galena Park... ?, not yet posted on Max Preps...
As for you saying you did not see anyone say crosby couldn't hit...."Your right about that, no consistent hitting this year. Not much at all for that matter"

And are you telling me that they did not schedule hard non district oppenents.....
lets see
Sante Fe, Bridge City, Vista Ridge, LCM, Lumberton, Kilgore , Pine tree, Texas City, Kingwood Park, Caney Creek, New Caney...
are they not "top quality Oppenents?"

Now this is baseball.... anything can happen... "when line drives become tripple plays and blooplers become game winners, anything is possible"...  they have had a couple of bad night where the ball did not bounce their way.... they are still a tough oppenent...
I have full faith that the coogs will bounce back.... staring with GCM tom..... Go Coogs!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="989222" timestamp="1301322366"]
[quote author=juskillenit89 link=topic=82288.msg988966#msg988966 date=1301235554]

[/quote]they have a team batting avg. of .356.  they can hit the ball... just not last night.... when they did hit the ball it was right at them...

You posted .356 avg, what is your District play avg?  I didn't see anyone say Crosby couldn't, just that they weren't hitting and if they don't with BH & GCM coming up the pitching can't be expected to be perfect.  Let's be honest NF & King make that avg in district a lot healthier.  Another note I hope in the future Crosby plays a more aggressive non district tournament schedule.  Stay away from the 3A teams and play some 5A so district and playoff pitching isnt such a higher quality level.
Crosby vs Lee avg. 087, vs. NF .318, vs King .500 vs vs. Galena Park... ?, not yet posted on Max Preps...
As for you saying you did not see anyone say crosby couldn't hit...."Your right about that, no consistent hitting this year. Not much at all for that matter"

And are you telling me that they did not schedule hard non district oppenents.....
lets see
Sante Fe, Bridge City, Vista Ridge, LCM, Lumberton, Kilgore , Pine tree, Texas City, Kingwood Park, Caney Creek, New Caney...

Now this is baseball.... anything can happen... "when line drives become tripple plays and blooplers become game winners, anything is possible"...  they have had a couple of bad night where the ball did not bounce their way.... they are still a tough oppenent...
I have full faith that the coogs will bounce back.... staring with GCM tom..... Go Coogs!!!
[/quote]Like I said, they are going to have to hit against the TOP teams (BH, GP, LEE, and GCM) if they want to make the playoffs. They need a few more kids to turn it up a notch. Hopefully it will start tomorrow night!

[quote name="hitman009" post="989222" timestamp="1301322366"]
[quote author=juskillenit89 link=topic=82288.msg988966#msg988966 date=1301235554]

[/quote]

lets see

[/quote]
Hitman, maybe I wasn't clear enought when I asked what the Batting avg is in district?  Looks like .275  21 hits  vs NF & King, 6 hits vs Lee & GP - That is what I was refering to when I made the statment of no consistent hitting.

Again, maybe I wasnt clear, I said a more aggressive Tournament schedule ( did not say no quality oponents faced )  I was  refering to the possibility of seeing more quality pitching during tournaments, 5A teams typicaly have more pitching depth and therefore you see better pitching more consistently throughout the tournaments.

Since you brought it up lets see:
Vista Ridge - 2 - 11 in district last year, no playoffs
Kilgore - Losing record in district last year, No playoffs last year
New Caney - 4 - 11 last year, no playoffs
Texas City - 4 -14 and 0 - 3 in district this year
Lumberton - No playoffs last year
Pine Tree - Losing record in district last year, No playoffs last year.
Caney Creek - Losing record last year in district, No playoffs last year.  Losing record this year.

As for LCM, Santa Fe, Bridge City, Kingwood Park, - Consistently good teams.

[quote name="juskillenit89" post="989535" timestamp="1301364910"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=82288.msg989222#msg989222 date=1301322366]

[/quote]

lets see

[/quote]
Hitman, maybe I wasn't clear enought when I asked what the Batting avg is in district?  Looks like .275  21 hits  vs NF & King, 6 hits vs Lee & GP - That is what I was refering to when I made the statment of no consistent hitting.

Again, maybe I wasnt clear, I said a more aggressive Tournament schedule ( did not say no quality oponents faced )  I was  refering to the possibility of seeing more quality pitching during tournaments, 5A teams typicaly have more pitching depth and therefore you see better pitching more consistently throughout the tournaments.

Since you brought it up lets see:
Vista Ridge - 2 - 11 in district last year, no playoffs
Kilgore - Losing record in district last year, No playoffs last year
New Caney - 4 - 11 last year, no playoffs
Texas City - 4 -14 and 0 - 3 in district this year
Lumberton - No playoffs last year
Pine Tree - Losing record in district last year, No playoffs last year.
Caney Creek - Losing record last year in district, No playoffs last year.  Losing record this year.

As for LCM, Santa Fe, Bridge City, Kingwood Park, - Consistently good teams.
[/quote]
Looks like good research to me!!!

Texas City was scheduled not a tournament and they were regional simi finalist last year...
Kilgore is 8-8 this year...
Vista is 12-8... 4-1 in district
New Caney is 14-2... 4-0 in district
Pine tree is 11-9.... 5-1 in district.
Lumberton has a good squad this year...

most of these schools throw their ace against crosby....

seems like they are better than you think... or you are just focusing on the negitives...

[quote name="hitman009" post="989554" timestamp="1301366300"]
Texas City was scheduled not a tournament and they were regional simi finalist last year...
Kilgore is 8-8 this year...
Vista is 12-8... 4-1 in district
New Caney is 14-2... 4-0 in district
Pine tree is 11-9.... 5-1 in district.
Lumberton has a good squad this year...

seems like they are better than you think... or you are just focusing on the negitives...
[/quote]
I am impressed,  I guess we will see how much playing them did to help prepare for district.  Playoffs??
Lets hope the ship gets righted this week!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin