Beaumont ISD Dosent hve eough money to Make Promises..

D3zii

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let me be the scientist...but what does he actually do for that money?....J or R can do his job...or B!...there are enough advisers and support staff to guide  the Sup...you want to save the teacher's jobs? He'll need to take a pay cut or resign....I'll [b]VOLUNTEER [/b]to do his job on the weekends... ;D

SCOOTER - if WB closed, then that means all the talent would move to Central and Ozen...Now instead of gettin whipped once a year, PAM would get a train....two arse whippings! :o

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="989734" timestamp="1301418541"]
No, absolutely not. If he wasn't the highest paid, per capita, in the state this would not even be an issue. But the fact that he just got another raise with the possibility of educator/teacher layoffs looming in the future, seems to be a salty subject for some folks. It's definitely not perceived well, thats for sure.
[/quote]J, you was riding his butt for a few years now.  That was BEFORE his raise...

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="989747" timestamp="1301420576"]
Don't let me be the scientist...but what does he actually do for that money?....J or R can do his job...or B!...there are enough advisers and support staff to guide  the Sup...you want to save the teacher's jobs? He'll need to take a pay cut or resign....I'll [b]VOLUNTEER [/b]to do his job on the weekends... ;D

SCOOTER - if WB closed, then that means all the talent would move to Central and Ozen...Now instead of gettin whipped once a year, PAM would get a train....two arse whippings! :o
[/quote]Yea, right. I'd 'VOLUNTEER' alright.  :D

Man, please.  PAM (a girl's name) got their first win EVER against Central last  year.  Whipping PAM was pretty routine. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="989753" timestamp="1301420936"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=81629.msg989747#msg989747 date=1301420576]

[/quote]Yea, right. I'd 'VOLUNTEER' alright.   :D

Man, please.  PAM (a girl's name) got their first win EVER against Central last  year.  Whipping PAM was pretty routine. 
[/quote]
Ok I'd do it for 1/2 his salary... ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="989661" timestamp="1301408609"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=81629.msg989633#msg989633 date=1301405266]
What makes his salary relevant, is because there are talks of BISD laying off some educators and teachers. Any normal and prudent person would give himself a pay cut to save teacher jobs.
[/quote]If you would look a little deeper, there are districts around the area that have started laying teachers off.  Our district have not layed off one teacher and no one have lost a single job yet.  As far as the paycut, our Sup. was on a contract that if he does 'so and so' by 'this day', he was getting a raise. This was something on his contract when he first came to BISD.  No one forsaw the state budget situation comming. 

[b]I guess it just really disturbs me that there are so many grown men (an women) that stress themselves out and get all angry about another man's pocket book. [/b]  They gripe and gripe and complain all day long.  I always say, let the man do his job.  Looks like he's doing a pretty good job to me.  Not ONE job has been lost yet...
[/quote]

That sounds like the democrats philosophy. Take from the working mans pockets and put in the non working mans pocket.

;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="989763" timestamp="1301421745"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=81629.msg989757#msg989757 date=1301421296]
please, close weak brooke and some of that talent will travel down hwy 69 to a real 5A school.  :D
[/quote]
So..your saying there is not enough talent with out WB in PAM?
[/quote]

Rut Roh!!!

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="989754" timestamp="1301421040"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81629.msg989753#msg989753 date=1301420936]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=81629.msg989747#msg989747 date=1301420576]

[/quote]Yea, right. I'd 'VOLUNTEER' alright.   :D

[/quote]
Ok I'd do it for 1/2 his salary... ;D
[/quote]Ok, that's a little better!  lol

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="989766" timestamp="1301422168"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=81629.msg989757#msg989757 date=1301421296]
please, close weak brooke and some of that talent will travel down hwy 69 to a real 5A school.  :D
[/quote]OMG!  Please!  Don't get me started!
[/quote] :D :D :D

People, its not him, your school board representative decided he is worth every penny of his salary and raises. The board has had 15 years to do something about it if they wanted to and the voting public has had many opportunities to vote the board out. You are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. For 15 years the majority has spoken.

[quote name="WBbear" post="990977" timestamp="1301580412"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=81629.msg990930#msg990930 date=1301573804]
http://www.texastribune.org/texas-education/public-education/deep-rift-in-beaumont-texas-on-school-leadership/
[/quote]Bottom line the kids are learning
[/quote]really?? that is all you have to say... just dont address the problem and its ok.... kids are learning in almost every district...
Oh wait I know what to say... learned it from BISD officals ..."No Comment"

[quote name="hitman009" post="990981" timestamp="1301580842"]
[quote author=WBbear link=topic=81629.msg990977#msg990977 date=1301580412]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=81629.msg990930#msg990930 date=1301573804]
http://www.texastribune.org/texas-education/public-education/deep-rift-in-beaumont-texas-on-school-leadership/
[/quote]Bottom line the kids are learning
[/quote]really?? that is all you have to say... just dont address the problem and its ok.... kids are learning in almost every district...
Oh wait I know what to say... learned it from BISD officals ..."No Comment"
[/quote]What's the problem? I guess you believe the problems is that he's getting paid what the school board thinks he's worth. Kids are learning, new schools, healthy fund balance, no layoffs and on and on.

here let me copy and paste for you....
mismanagement of the bond money, The state education agency is also auditing the district’s use of bond money, questions whether the district has complied with state law governing Texas’ bond guarantee program,  alleged misconduct by district employees, including its electrician, Calvin Walker, who is under federal investigation, according to the local U.S. Attorney’s Office, for possibly overcharging for his services. (Walker did not respond to a phone message left at his office.)
I have read the things he has done right as well... but there has to be a line..

[quote name="hitman009" post="990997" timestamp="1301582247"]
here let me copy and paste for you....
mismanagement of the bond money, The state education agency is also auditing the district’s use of bond money, questions whether the district has complied with state law governing Texas’ bond guarantee program,  alleged misconduct by district employees, including its electrician, Calvin Walker, who is under federal investigation, according to the local U.S. Attorney’s Office, for possibly overcharging for his services. (Walker did not respond to a phone message left at his office.)
I have read the things he has done right as well... but there has to be a line..
[/quote]The question is where is that line? If the majority believe that line has been crossed then they will make it be known in May as it sholud be. I will back the outcome of the May election weither my choice wins or not.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder