Beaumont ISD Dosent hve eough money to Make Promises..

D3zii

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="983722" timestamp="1300282805"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81629.msg983680#msg983680 date=1300275480]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=81629.msg983642#msg983642 date=1300249674]
There giving all of their money to their Supt.
[/quote]Bond money has nothing to do with the Dr. Thomas' salary.  Try doing a little more research...
[/quote]

With state education funding as it is, they might need to pass a bond to continue to pay his salary.
[/quote]Very funny... ::)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Popa Blu" post="982790" timestamp="1300157132"]
This is not straightforward and some people that are putting out info don't have experience at reading blueprints. According to a committee member, one that helped form the bond, many were dead set against "anything athletic" (Butch stadium, New athlectic facilities, etc) So, instead of due diligence being placed on the specific "fieldhouse needs" this campus vs that campus, the line item of 1.6mil was placed in Bond, but all knew that many were opposed to "anything" athlectic so details were "not" looked at. Now in hindsight, we have on 1.6 predicated to accomplishing fairness (balance) what can not be accomplished at the WB campus. IMO the WB Fieldhouse needs about 2.5m to accomplish program needs. The 1.6, IMO, will accomplish Central's needs because the program is smaller. Sources say that the same people that wanted "nothing athletic" now want to discuss "the fieldhouse" in hindsight after a surplus has been announced. Last week we had a meeting and before leaving we called another one at WB tonight. You wanna know how many showed up. TWO counting me! I also have the dwgs, and I have been to the current facilities and counted toilets, urinals, showers, etc. IMO WB would not be well served to have the renovation plans set forth for 1.6m to be carried out. At this time, after the Bond has been approved, after we now are concerned about athletics, we need to move forward and attempt to present the case with solid evidence. The board has the right to do with the 10m what they want, like it or not. I suggest we present facts and let them speak for themselves. In the end I believe we can win the arguement. IMO the renovation to WB field house violates some code issues. I have a comparrison of every fieldhouse sq footage and contents, anyone is welcome to have it.
[/quote]Very well said. It's very disappointing that WB doesn't have more support for it's student-athletes. They definitely, IMO, need a bigger, better, larger facility due to the numbers in the program. Coach Chip has been in that field house since WB opened in 1982. All you have to do is look at the team accomplishments on the ceiling beams in the locker room. Anyway, it's time for WB to get some of the same nice facilities that Ozen has. Admittedly, Ozen is definitely Thomas' darling. PopaBlu, next time they call a meeting, even though I dont have a kid at WB, let me know and i'll show up and give my support for the team and the program. Its time BISD put forth the money so WB and Central can step into the 21st century, from a facility standpoint.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="984394" timestamp="1300387512"]
[quote author=Popa Blu link=topic=81629.msg982790#msg982790 date=1300157132]
This is not straightforward and some people that are putting out info don't have experience at reading blueprints. According to a committee member, one that helped form the bond, many were dead set against "anything athletic" (Butch stadium, New athlectic facilities, etc) So, instead of due diligence being placed on the specific "fieldhouse needs" this campus vs that campus, the line item of 1.6mil was placed in Bond, but all knew that many were opposed to "anything" athlectic so details were "not" looked at. Now in hindsight, we have on 1.6 predicated to accomplishing fairness (balance) what can not be accomplished at the WB campus. IMO the WB Fieldhouse needs about 2.5m to accomplish program needs. The 1.6, IMO, will accomplish Central's needs because the program is smaller. Sources say that the same people that wanted "nothing athletic" now want to discuss "the fieldhouse" in hindsight after a surplus has been announced. Last week we had a meeting and before leaving we called another one at WB tonight. You wanna know how many showed up. TWO counting me! I also have the dwgs, and I have been to the current facilities and counted toilets, urinals, showers, etc. IMO WB would not be well served to have the renovation plans set forth for 1.6m to be carried out. At this time, after the Bond has been approved, after we now are concerned about athletics, we need to move forward and attempt to present the case with solid evidence. The board has the right to do with the 10m what they want, like it or not. I suggest we present facts and let them speak for themselves. In the end I believe we can win the arguement. IMO the renovation to WB field house violates some code issues. I have a comparrison of every fieldhouse sq footage and contents, anyone is welcome to have it.
[/quote]Very well said. It's very disappointing that WB doesn't have more support for it's student-athletes. They definitely, IMO, need a bigger, better, larger facility due to the numbers in the program. Coach Chip has been in that field house since WB opened in 1982. All you have to do is look at the team accomplishments on the ceiling beams in the locker room. Anyway, it's time for WB to get some of the same nice facilities that Ozen has. Admittedly, Ozen is definitely Thomas' darling. PopaBlu, next time they call a meeting, even though I dont have a kid at WB, let me know and i'll show up and give my support for the team and the program. Its time BISD put forth the money so WB and Central can step into the 21st century, from a facility standpoint.
[/quote]Let me know too. I can bring a good argument straight to the top and get answers.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="983680" timestamp="1300275480"]
[/quote]Bond money has nothing to do with the Dr. Thomas' salary.  Try doing a little more research...
[/quote]research says he is the highest paid supt. in the state over cities like Dallas, Houston, etc.....
He makes over $14.00 per student when every other supt. makes about $7.00.... and just got another raise while having to cut teaching positions.... BISD is crazy!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="988030" timestamp="1301058772"]
[/quote]research says he is the highest paid supt. in the state over cities like Dallas, Houston, etc.....
He makes over $14.00 per student when every other supt. makes about $7.00.... and just got another raise while having to cut teaching positions.... BISD is crazy!!!
[/quote] Seems like you are wanting to throw his salary in there even thought it proves on relevance in this conversation.  If you have a problem with the man's salary, why don't you try to get like him and make that kind of money instead of whining?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="988070" timestamp="1301066814"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=81629.msg988030#msg988030 date=1301058772]
[/quote]Bond money has nothing to do with the Dr. Thomas' salary.  Try doing a little more research...
[/quote] Seems like you are wanting to throw his salary in there even thought it proves on relevance in this conversation.  If you have a problem with the man's salary, why don't you try to get like him and make that kind of money instead of whining?
[/quote]i am not whining.  I have nothing to do with BISD and want nothing to do with BISD.... I have heard too many bad things about that district from parents, kids, and teachers....

And I wish I could make that much money.... twice what all other people are making in my field of work... but if I did a bad job, like I hear the sup is doing all the time from people in that district... I would not be paid that much or had a stadium named after me.... I  WOULD BE FIRED!!!

But if the right people are on the school board I guess you can keep your job ...

[quote name="hitman009" post="988074" timestamp="1301067583"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81629.msg988070#msg988070 date=1301066814]
[/quote] Seems like you are wanting to throw his salary in there even thought it proves on relevance in this conversation.  If you have a problem with the man's salary, why don't you try to get like him and make that kind of money instead of whining?
[/quote]i am not whining.  I have nothing to do with BISD and want nothing to do with BISD.... I have heard too many bad things about that district from parents, kids, and teachers....

And I wish I could make that much money.... twice what all other people are making in my field of work... but if I did a bad job, like I hear all the time from people in that district... I would not be paid that much.... I  WOULD BE FIRED!!!
[/quote]Sour grape?

You HEAR things all the time.  I can go to ANY school district and talk to dissapointed employees.  If it makes you feel any better, I hear bad things about ALL districts in this area.  Like I've said before, instead of basing your opinion off of 'what you've heard', why don't you do your research?  Numbers don't lie. 

Honestly, I really don’t care…. It’s not my money that is being misused.
I have done some research on BISD before… I know that on numerous occasions when a renovation is required, that BISD somehow spends 3 times as much money on almost THE EXACT renovation that towns like Silsbee has spent..  I just don’t see how…. In a “silent bid”… that the cost is that much more (almost 3 million more)… hmmm..
And that the 9th and 10th graders at Central and Ozen taks scores are at 45% passing with no outcry from administration….
And how many “teachers” do all of the campuses have that are not certified???….. hmmmm….
These are just a few things that are wrong with BISD…..
And numbers don’t lie…. Like salary!!!!
I can tell you are a Thomas supporter…. Please tell me what has he done to deserve such a high salary? 

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="988070" timestamp="1301066814"]
[/quote]

There are many people "like him" and some even more qualified than him, (education, size of district, experience) that do not earn the salary he does.

[quote name="hitman009" post="988111" timestamp="1301072787"]
Honestly, I really don’t care…. It’s not my money that is being misused.
I have done some research on BISD before… I know that on numerous occasions when a renovation is required, that BISD somehow spends 3 times as much money on almost THE EXACT renovation that towns like Silsbee has spent..  I just don’t see how…. In a “silent bid”… that the cost is that much more (almost 3 million more)… hmmm..
And that the 9th and 10th graders at Central and Ozen taks scores are at 45% passing with no outcry from administration….
And how many “teachers” do all of the campuses have that are not certified???….. hmmmm….
These are just a few things that are wrong with BISD…..
And numbers don’t lie…. Like salary!!!!
I can tell you are a Thomas supporter…. Please tell me what has he done to deserve such a high salary? 

[/quote]Again, what relevance is his salary?  Is his salary making you lose sleep at night?  Does his salary turn the cold water on in your shower?  Geeeez! The man is doing his job.  Our test scores are through the roof.  Our kids are getting excellent education.  The only people that have their panties in a wod coincidentally is...  well, you know.  Makes you wonder, don't it?

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="988122" timestamp="1301074348"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=81629.msg988070#msg988070 date=1301066814]
[/quote]

There are many people "like him" and some even more qualified than him, (education, size of district, experience) that do not earn the salary he does.
[/quote]Well, obviously, their 'experience' and 'qualifications' are not enough and not appreciated enough.  Maybe the need to see new employment if they feel that way instead of whining.

I've thought about it.  I'm finished with this conversation for now.  i find myself having to explain the same thing to people that want to whine about how much someone's check is over and over again.  If you want to get blue in the face over it, then so be it. Personally, I'll let him do him, and I'll do me. 

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="989633" timestamp="1301405266"]
What makes his salary relevant, is because there are talks of BISD laying off some educators and teachers. Any normal and prudent person would give himself a pay cut to save teacher jobs.
[/quote]At our school district... not only is the sup taking a pay cut... but so are the 3 assistant sups... and math and science are giving up their stipends to try to save jobs....
In BISD the sup gets a pay raise..... WOW!!

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="989633" timestamp="1301405266"]
What makes his salary relevant, is because there are talks of BISD laying off some educators and teachers. Any normal and prudent person would give himself a pay cut to save teacher jobs.
[/quote]If you would look a little deeper, there are districts around the area that have started laying teachers off.  Our district have not layed off one teacher and no one have lost a single job yet.  As far as the paycut, our Sup. was on a contract that if he does 'so and so' by 'this day', he was getting a raise. This was something on his contract when he first came to BISD.  No one forsaw the state budget situation comming. 

I guess it just really disturbs me that there are so many grown men (an women) that stress themselves out and get all angry about another man's pocket book.  They gripe and gripe and complain all day long.  I always say, let the man do his job.  Looks like he's doing a pretty good job to me.  Not ONE job has been lost yet...

R, if you'll re read my post, I said there were talks of laying off teachers in BISD. I didn't say it had happened. But look at it from a perception point of view. It wouldn't help BISD's image, as a whole, for a district with arguably the highest paid Sup in the state to begin laying off teachers because of a budget shortfall. Do you see where some people might have a bad taste in their mouth regarding this subject? Sorry, I'm just pointing out something I thought would be plainly obvious for folks to see.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="989680" timestamp="1301409749"]
R, if you'll re read my post, I said there were talks of laying off teachers in BISD. I didn't say it had happened. But look at it from a perception point of view. It wouldn't help BISD's image, as a whole, for a district with arguably the highest paid Sup in the state to begin laying off teachers because of a budget shortfall. Do you see where some people might have a bad taste in their mouth regarding this subject? Sorry, I'm just pointing out something I thought would be plainly obvious for folks to see.
[/quote]I understand completely what you are saying, J.  But you have to think...  Would we be having this argument if our Sup. was one of the lowest paid?  Would there be as many people griping and whining every day about the Sup. if he only recieved 'regular pay'?  I think you know the answer to that. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics