Beaumont ISD Dosent hve eough money to Make Promises..

D3zii

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Newbie
Heard it from a board trustee.  The money they have set aside for WB is not enough to build a new field house so they just want to redo the old field house using the same equipment to save money and yet we have an extra $10M to build a basketball arena/hotel.  Come election time, the voters will be heard.

Guest Newbie
[quote name="WBbear" post="982271" timestamp="1300047568"]
Like I said lets get the facts. Too often we react on rumors and half truths. I will call in the morning and get the real story.
[/quote]
If you want the facts, talk to David Teuscher.  He has a copy of the blueprint from Parsons and how much money is allotted for this project. 

[quote name="westend1" post="982206" timestamp="1300034177"]
Not exactly what I heard.  I understood that BISD was going to build 3 identical field houses.  West Brook is complaining because they have twice the number of kids and need something a little larger.  That's the story I got, but not sure if it's right.
[/quote]

Heard the same thing except that it was going to be 2 new field houses and ozen's would get some new upgrades.

BISD will renovate both West Brook and Central fieldhouses in accordance with the scope of work specified in the original bond. Rumors may have started when the WB boosters met in hopes of getting a new fieldhouse instead. The renovation budget for both are almost identical.

This is not straightforward and some people that are putting out info don't have experience at reading blueprints. According to a committee member, one that helped form the bond, many were dead set against "anything athletic" (Butch stadium, New athlectic facilities, etc) So, instead of due diligence being placed on the specific "fieldhouse needs" this campus vs that campus, the line item of 1.6mil was placed in Bond, but all knew that many were opposed to "anything" athlectic so details were "not" looked at. Now in hindsight, we have on 1.6 predicated to accomplishing fairness (balance) what can not be accomplished at the WB campus. IMO the WB Fieldhouse needs about 2.5m to accomplish program needs. The 1.6, IMO, will accomplish Central's needs because the program is smaller. Sources say that the same people that wanted "nothing athletic" now want to discuss "the fieldhouse" in hindsight after a surplus has been announced. Last week we had a meeting and before leaving we called another one at WB tonight. You wanna know how many showed up. TWO counting me! I also have the dwgs, and I have been to the current facilities and counted toilets, urinals, showers, etc. IMO WB would not be well served to have the renovation plans set forth for 1.6m to be carried out. At this time, after the Bond has been approved, after we now are concerned about athletics, we need to move forward and attempt to present the case with solid evidence. The board has the right to do with the 10m what they want, like it or not. I suggest we present facts and let them speak for themselves. In the end I believe we can win the arguement. IMO the renovation to WB field house violates some code issues. I have a comparrison of every fieldhouse sq footage and contents, anyone is welcome to have it.

Ok, I have no dog in this fight, but I am going to submit my opinion, and opinion only, on a hypothetical similarity. Ok, here I go, stay with me.......lol. Say Orangefield, WOS, and LCM all become Orange ISD (would make sense to have one school district with all three schools being approx. 5 miles from each other) and there needs to be renovations to all three fieldhouses and you have allocated an equal "x" amount of money for each. Well IMO I would not be upset if LCM recieved more money than WOS did for their fieldhouse. Reason being that LCM has double the athletes that WOS has and Orangefield has. As a matter of fact, you might be able to combine Ofield and WOS athletes and still not reach LCM. That being said they would need double the lockers, double the bathroom fixtures, etc. See my point. If you built the same size fieldhouse for WOS, half of it wouldnt be used. Money should be per capita or student population. thats just my 2 cents. It would make economic sense also. Then the money you save could be used to make our super the highest paid in the state. lol.

One more thing......I saw on here someone commenting about renovating or new. Well, it makes complete sense to build a new one if the bid for renovation is the same, or even a little more, than a brand new one. A brand new one would pay for the difference in the long run by not having to "renovate" it again in the future.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="983680" timestamp="1300275480"]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=81629.msg983642#msg983642 date=1300249674]
There giving all of their money to their Supt.
[/quote]Bond money has nothing to do with the Dr. Thomas' salary.  Try doing a little more research...
[/quote]

With state education funding as it is, they might need to pass a bond to continue to pay his salary.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder