Who will be SETX player of the year

[quote name="stevenash" post="979819" timestamp="1299638083"]
I also might add that, in my opinion, the chemistry of which you speak is mostly attributable to the coaching staff.  So, if the coaching staff remains the same, the expectation is for history to repeat itself and for the players to, once again, develop a good chemistry within.
[/quote]

That comes from the players and how they interact with each other on AND off the court..And every group is different

I agree that teams and cities will come into every season with high hopes because their team history is great, BUT the only thing that "Grinds My Gears" is when people give a prediction and only base it off the fact that they won last year or whatever..

That is all I have been trying to say! " No History" when comparing teams to play during the current year..

Nash, Im going to call you an idiot if you dont understand that :D And I can tell you are no Idiot, but this is something basic that a person off the street could comprehend..

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm- I wonder why the fans of the Lakers, Celtics, Yankees,Patriots, Colts expect to do well every year?
Faninthestands- I hope that I have your approval for this ongoing exchange.

By the way, if you choose to call me an idiot, I want you to know that you will be 1084th person to say that.

That player of the year will usually come from a state champion and I will reserve that choice for obvious reasons. All the teams arent done yet.
Team of the year: Evadale-last one standing and no one gave them a chance. Just read all previous posts...............
Coach of the Year: no question about it-Laurence Williams-Evadale
Player of the year:TBD      8)

I dont want to hear its just  1A either. Its just as tough to make it to Austin in 1A as it is in all the other classes.

Let the argument begin

[quote name="InStitches" post="979838" timestamp="1299640758"]
That player of the year will usually come from a state champion and I will reserve that choice for obvious reasons. All the teams arent done yet.
Team of the year: Evadale-last one standing and no one gave them a chance. Just read all previous posts...............

I dont want to hear its just  1A either. Its just as tough to make it to Austin in 1A as it is in all the other classes.

Let the argument begin
[/quote]

Yes, it is just as difficult in 1A as it is 5A.  But regardless if Evadale wins state or not, nobody on that team is worthy of being SE Texas player of the year!!!!!  Sorry, just the facts!!!

Well I realy could give a rats@$$ if anyone on here calles them the best in SETX but Right now Blane Dunigan and Deven Murphy have led the Rebs to the State playoffs, With 60 and 63 points. When all the players that you all have crowned the best... are at home getting for baseball,or next year. And if they win two more games they WILL BE The Best Team IN STEX. But if they LOSE they still will have made it farther than anyone else in SETX. IN my eyes theses boys are the best. And I dont think eather one of they care what other people think of them. They are just glade to still be playing.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="979781" timestamp="1299635451"]
Nope.........they may be district champs this year, but that means nothing!!!  Would you rather be district champs and lose first playoff game or make it to Regional Semis???  Now ultimately the State Championship is both of these teams goal, so both fell short!!!  But still would rather win 3 playoff games and make it Huntsville than have district champ bragging rights!! ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]
To be honest these Tigers would rather have done neither, their goal was higher than getting to regionals so I feel they would have been just as dissappointed had they reached that point and lost.  Suren they would have liked to have won a couple playoff games but a couple wasn't whatbthey were after.  But keep trying to belittle their district championship maybe it will make you feel better since you couldn't get a victory over the Tigers this year!  Ultimately this year both teams dissappointed themselves in not reaching Austin whether it was a second round loss or a fourth round loss.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="979787" timestamp="1299636194"]
What do you think will be more remembered in 5 years..........HJ making 4 rounds deep and beating Cleveland OR Silsbee losing 1st round?? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Depends which city you are from.  How many still remember Silsbee losing in the first round after a perfect season and how many can remember how far HJ went that same year? 

[quote name="stevenash" post="979835" timestamp="1299640433"]
Hmmm- I wonder why the fans of the Lakers, Celtics, Yankees,Patriots, Colts expect to do well every year?

By the way, if you choose to call me an idiot, I want you to know that you will be 1084th person to say that.
[/quote]Why in the world would I object?!?!?

The Lakers, Celtics, etc... expect to win every year because:
a) Their history
AND
b) They feel their current team is as good as their historical past.

Look at the Celtics of the 90's.  They sucked.  They didn't say, "we've got the most NBA titles so we'll slaughter the Bulls and the Rockets (9 NBA titles that decade?) simply because we're the Celtics.

Now, dogs has a point.  Someone (I don't know who and I'm not going through a bazillion threads to find it...) made the claim in a recent thread that Cleveland was going to lose to HJ.  No problem so far, I made that same claim.  But this person claimed (If I recall correctly) that Cleveland was going to lose again, and the only reason they could give was because they'd lost the previous 2 years.  They may not have felt that way, but that was the way the message was interpreted by dogs1218, who commented on it, and also by me, who didn't comment on it.

I think its that position that sticks in dogs craw.  I really don't think its something to waste much time on, but there has to be a better reason to justify why HJ will beat Cleveland.

For example, [i]these are the same players that came in twice as substantial favorites and lost to HJ both times and they don't have the backbone to overcome the Hawks.  Meanwhile, HJ has shown that it is as strong as in recent years.  Hence, HJ will triumph again[/i]!

[quote name="True Blue" post="979868" timestamp="1299643524"]
Well I realy could give a rats@$$ if anyone on here calles them the best in SETX but Right now Blane Dunigan and Deven Murphy have led the Rebs to the State playoffs, With 60 and 63 points. When all the players that you all have crowned the best... are at home getting for baseball,or next year. And if they win two more games they WILL BE The Best Team IN STEX. But if they LOSE they still will have made it farther than anyone else in SETX. IN my eyes theses boys are the best. And I dont think eather one of they care what other people think of them. They are just glade to still be playing.
[/quote]TB, I don't see how anybody can honestly argue that Evadale is not the team of SETX this year.  Those boys have done a magnificent job and they proven so many on these forums wrong (they've certainly gone farther than I gave them credit).

But I'm not sure if you are correct in saying anyone of their players should be player of the year.  You yourself claimed that Evadale has won because they are such a good TEAM.  You stop one player, and another player beats you.  Each game it seems like a different player shines.  Let me ask you, is there any player on Evadales team whose absence would have caused them to lose much earlier in the playoffs.  I don't think so, but I haven't watched them lately...... but I have been reading your posts and from those I gather that they would have won even with the loss of say..... Dunigan or Murphy.

Now, in contrast, if Shawn Prudhomme would have gone down after our first district game, we would have lost against Stafford and Cleveland - hands down.  I'm not throwing Shawn's name in the hat, but because I follow the Hawks, I can tell you what I think an MVP is..... someone you can't win without.

Shawn Prudhomme from HJ gets my vote by far. i went to the HJ Cleveland game where he dropped 35? against a very talented and HUGE cleveland team. and not to mention the monster dunk he had that lit up the hole gym. Im also excited to see what the fish from HJ does in the next couple of years.

[quote name="stevenash" post="979835" timestamp="1299640433"]

[/quote]

There you go again.. Do you even read other people's post correctly?? DO NOT try and relate this argument to a professional team/sport!!! I clearly said [u]High School[/u]...  ;)

COME ON MAN!!  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="dogs1218" post="979904" timestamp="1299649576"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81352.msg979835#msg979835 date=1299640433]

[/quote]

There you go again.. Do you even read other people's post correctly?? DO NOT try and relate this argument to a professional team/sport!!! I clearly said [u]High School[/u]...  ;)

COME ON MAN!!  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Pardon me, sir but I am referring to human behavior.  Human behavior is the same regardless of level of competition.  If you don't fully understand human behavior now, perhaps you will become more conversant with and cognizant of same in a few more years.

[quote name="stevenash" post="979950" timestamp="1299679670"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=81352.msg979904#msg979904 date=1299649576]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81352.msg979835#msg979835 date=1299640433]

[/quote]

COME ON MAN!!  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Pardon me, sir, but I am referring to human behavior.  Human behavior is the same regardless of level of competition.  If you don't fully understand human behavior now, perhaps you will become more conversant with and cognizant of same in a few more years.
[/quote]

[quote name="InStitches" post="979838" timestamp="1299640758"]
[b]Team of the year: Evadale[/b]-last one standing and no one gave them a chance. Just read all previous posts...............

Let the argument begin
[/quote]
play-off run is one thing being the best team in SETX is another
I could name 8 or more teams in SETX that are better than Evadale

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="ST413" post="979872" timestamp="1299643888"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81352.msg979787#msg979787 date=1299636194]
What do you think will be more remembered in 5 years..........HJ making 4 rounds deep and beating Cleveland OR Silsbee losing 1st round?? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Depends which city you are from.  How many still remember Silsbee losing in the first round after a perfect season and how many can remember how far HJ went that same year? 
[/quote]

Doesn't compute because Silsbee and HJ were in different conferences then, weren't they? ???

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="980025" timestamp="1299684850"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=81352.msg979872#msg979872 date=1299643888]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Doesn't compute because Silsbee and HJ were in different conferences then, weren't they? ???
[/quote]

Remebering 5 years ago?  I struggle with 5 minutes ago.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="980025" timestamp="1299684850"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=81352.msg979872#msg979872 date=1299643888]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Not the point, it was asked which would be remembered our first round loss this year or HJ's playoff run. I was just stating that our first round loss that year is remembered more in Silsbee than HJ's finish. In Sour Lake it is probably the opposite,except for those who want to remind us of it.

[quote name="ST4life" post="979982" timestamp="1299682428"]
[quote author=InStitches link=topic=81352.msg979838#msg979838 date=1299640758]
[b]Team of the year: Evadale[/b]-last one standing and no one gave them a chance. Just read all previous posts...............
Player of the year:TBD      8)

I dont want to hear its just  1A either. Its just as tough to make it to Austin in 1A as it is in all the other classes.

Let the argument begin
[/quote]
play-off run is one thing being the best team in SETX is another
I could name 8 or more teams in SETX that are better than Evadale
[/quote]Nobody from Evadale cares if you could name 20 teams that are better . Evadale is going to state and nobody else from southeast texas is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder