NEDERLAND VS. GALVESTON BALL GAME THREAD/Ball wins 71-48!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="978852" timestamp="1299469001"]
[quote author=Versey Ledbetter link=topic=81275.msg978843#msg978843 date=1299467361]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=81275.msg978789#msg978789 date=1299459828]
Well, now I'm confused.  Coach Neumann hired Coach English, but he doesn't want him to be successful?  That makes no sense.  And since he's been around, the baseball team has turned into a powerhouse (how long, btw, has he been AD.... I honestly don't know).

And the comment about dictatorship, you will always ruffle feathers when you call the shots.  You got to come up with something more solid than "he's raised some hackles because of his dictatorship".  I'm sure Patton and Eisenhower managed to piss people off.......
[/quote]

Neumann hired English because had to.  English was a hometown kid, lived in Nederland, his
wife and mother were employed by NISD, and English was the best young coach in the area.  English's success at Vidor and Nederland's complete lack of success in basketball was making Neumann look bad.  Everyone knew English wanted to come to Nederland and Neumann finally had to hire him.  But yes, even though he hired him, Neumann wanted English to fail.  Neumann does not want any other Nederland athletic team to outshine his football team.  The Nederland Athletic Dept succeeds in spite of Neumann not because of him.
[/quote]

U nailed it!
[/quote]

How funny!  You realize that if you told this joke at the comedy club, you'd get crickets.  It just makes no sense.  Ya'll sure can be retarded sometimes.  Have you ever thought that Neuman, much like most ADs, loves the game of football more than any other sport?  That does not mean that he doesnt want the basketball team, program, or coach to succeed.  How does it make any sense if the lack of success was making him look bad to begin with that he would want to go back to that by wanting English to fail?  Tell ya what, take some time, try to see the big picture, and when that lightbulb goes off in your head, let me know how it feels to finally get rid of the conspiracy theory darkness.

When I read this thread it sounds to me that several are making Nederland look like sore losers.  I am proud of our basketball team and the coaches for their accomplishments this year.  I am not sore they lost in the Regional Semi-Finals..... heck, that's the farthest we have been since the 1940's.....you run into really good teams that deep in playoffs and that is exactly what happened Friday night.... Ball out played us.  As for what I am hearing about the assistant coaches, I do not believe for one minute that any of the assistants would purposely NOT have their head in the game Friday night.... sorry, just sounds to me like an excuse for blame of losing the game.  English is wonderful Coach and we will see a successful basketball program from him.... Neumann hired us a good Basketball Coach.... so what is the problem?  Stop the blaming and excuses, IMO, but what do I know right, just an observation here. 

Congrats on a wonderful run in playoffs guys and as always I will be in the stands doing my job of cheering and supporting our teams.

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="979024" timestamp="1299517038"]
When I read this thread it sounds to me that several are making Nederland look like sore losers.  I am proud of our basketball team and the coaches for their accomplishments this year.  I am not sore they lost in the Regional Semi-Finals..... heck, that's the farthest we have been since the 1940's.....you run into really good teams that deep in playoffs and that is exactly what happened Friday night.... Ball out played us.  As for what I am hearing about the assistant coaches, I do not believe for one minute that any of the assistants would purposely NOT have their head in the game Friday night.... sorry, just sounds to me like an excuse for blame of losing the game.  English is wonderful Coach and we will see a successful basketball program from him.... Neumann hired us a good Basketball Coach.... so what is the problem?  Stop the blaming and excuses, IMO, but what do I know right, just an observation here. 

Congrats on a wonderful run in playoffs guys and as always I will be in the stands doing my job of cheering and supporting our teams.
[/quote]I disagree.  Nobody has claimed that Nederland would have won if they had better assistants.

It looks like these people are just saying that Nederland would be better if:
a) Neumman would support them by,
b) hiring better assistants.

With that said, everyone who has made a claim such as this has also stated that Ball would have won the game anyway.  I don't see any sore losers, just some Bulldog Faithful wanting to see how to get a little more out of the team in the future.  Ain't nothin' wrong with that!  I've seen HJ benefit immensely from having excellent assistant coaches (Davis and Lee), so I understand what the Dawgs are loooking for.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="979077" timestamp="1299522798"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=81275.msg979024#msg979024 date=1299517038]

[/quote]I disagree.  Nobody has claimed that Nederland would have won if they had better assistants.

With that said, everyone who has made a claim such as this has also stated that Ball would have won the game anyway.  I don't see any sore losers, just some Bulldog Faithful wanting to see how to get a little more out of the team in the future.  Ain't nothin' wrong with that!  I've seen HJ benefit immensely from having excellent assistant coaches (Davis and Lee), so I understand what the Dawgs are loooking for.
[/quote]Is Lee the 8th grade coach too at HJ?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="979079" timestamp="1299523235"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=81275.msg979077#msg979077 date=1299522798]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=81275.msg979024#msg979024 date=1299517038]

[/quote]Is Lee the 8th grade coach too at HJ?
[/quote]I do not know. He specializes on the postmen.

Guest Pupmom
You people are just plain uninformed.  The Assistant Coach, which was Kilchrist, was the Freshman Coach.  He is dedicated, and the only team to beat his Freshmen team in district play was Ozen.  He Scouts for Coach English, and shows up to assist at every game.  He knows basketball and works hard to help Coach English in more ways than all you haters know.  I think if you are going to make horrible, uninformed comments, you need to get your information straight.  Coach Kilchrist works hard for Nederland basketball, and he deserves credit in helping the team succeed.

Guest Brubaker
This all sounds much less like whining and excuse making if it weren't after we got our butts handed to us by a better team.  Right now it sounds like frustration, finger pointing and a search for why we lost.  If Brian doesn't like the situation, he has options, he's a hot commodity.  All in all, I think it's working out pretty well.  I bet we could've traded coaching staffs with Ball, and they still woulda won by 20.  Fact is that English can build this program with Rocky and Bulwinkle as his assistants, no offense to our current asst coaches.  He's got the energy flowing, the numbers are out of this world, kids playing little dribblers, can barely find a seat on the fresh/jv benches they're so full, why do folks want to play this card.  Is Neumann going to make decisions that people disagree with, yep.  Will it keep Nederland basketball from being an elite program, nope.  Is Neumann gonna get run outta town over the basketball program, nope.  But none of this has anything to do with why we lost Friday... has to do with one team being superior to the other.  You're not going to find a great situation in many TEXAS high schools regarding a basketball program getting everything they want, this is TEXAS, ie FOOTBALL.  There are places like, Indiana/Kentucky/NC, where it's different.  I freakin hate it when people try to ruin a great thing.  You run Neumann out and you'll get another Football coach/AD who will do the same dang thing.  Neumann is about as good as you're going to do, get over it, move on, get better.

I am a big part of both the "Nederland Drill Team", or as most people call us the Westernaires, and a part of the basketball program as well. Coach Jardell was not just at Disney on vacation. He was there watching his daughter, who is the Senior 1st Lt., compete for the last time. His trip was paid for, in full, before basketball season had even started. Coach English told him that as long as he got them to the Regional Tournament, he could go be a dad to his daughter, and Coach Jardell did just that. If any of you are parents yourself I would hope you would pick your child over your job as well. Khilchrist, Jardell, and Joshua Pillitere have both been great assistants to Coach English this year. This has been a great season for both the boys, coaches, managers, and myself. This will be a season they remember forever. Congrats Dogs on an awesome season! The city of Nederland could not be more proud of every single one of them.

[quote name="khan.92" post="979540" timestamp="1299615329"]
I am a big part of both the "Nederland Drill Team", or as most people call us the Westernaires, and a part of the basketball program as well. Coach Jardell was not just at Disney on vacation. He was there watching his daughter, who is the Senior 1st Lt., compete for the last time. His trip was paid for, in full, before basketball season had even started. Coach English told him that as long as he got them to the Regional Tournament, he could go be a dad to his daughter, and Coach Jardell did just that. If any of you are parents yourself I would hope you would pick your child over your job as well. Khilchrist, Jardell, and Joshua Pillitere have both been great assistants to Coach English this year. This has been a great season for both the boys, coaches, managers, and myself. This will be a season they remember forever. Congrats Dogs on an awesome season! The city of Nederland could not be more proud of every single one of them.
[/quote]wOW! Good job! You have haters in your own town. I guess we better prepare for it at HF too ;)

[quote name="Brubaker" post="979400" timestamp="1299557021"]
This all sounds much less like whining and excuse making if it weren't after we got our butts handed to us by a better team.  Right now it sounds like frustration, finger pointing and a search for why we lost.  If Brian doesn't like the situation, he has options, he's a hot commodity.  All in all, I think it's working out pretty well.  I bet we could've traded coaching staffs with Ball, and they still woulda won by 20.  Fact is that English can build this program with Rocky and Bulwinkle as his assistants, no offense to our current asst coaches.  He's got the energy flowing, the numbers are out of this world, kids playing little dribblers, can barely find a seat on the fresh/jv benches they're so full, why do folks want to play this card.  Is Neumann going to make decisions that people disagree with, yep.  Will it keep Nederland basketball from being an elite program, nope.  Is Neumann gonna get run outta town over the basketball program, nope.  But none of this has anything to do with why we lost Friday... has to do with one team being superior to the other.  You're not going to find a great situation in many TEXAS high schools regarding a basketball program getting everything they want, this is TEXAS, ie FOOTBALL.  There are places like, Indiana/Kentucky/NC, where it's different.  I freakin hate it when people try to ruin a great thing.  You run Neumann out and you'll get another Football coach/AD who will do the same dang thing.  Neumann is about as good as you're going to do, get over it, move on, get better.
[/quote]

Newsflash- There ARE programs in Texas where basketball and football both excel!!!

[quote name="stevenash" post="979586" timestamp="1299619744"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=81275.msg979400#msg979400 date=1299557021]
[/quote]

Newsflash- There ARE programs in Texas where basketball and football both excel!!!
[/quote]Words of wisdom from a master. ;)

I think some of Neumann's critics would quieten down a little if he'd just show the other sports (basketball in this case) a little love.  It would've been nice if sometime during this amazing run by the basketball team if the school would've thrown them a pep rally.  I don't know who is in charge of scheduling pep rallies but I bet if the AD had said to have one there would've been one.  Little things like this mean a lot to all those not involved in football.  Just my two cents.

[quote name="samsung" post="979885" timestamp="1299645356"]
I think some of Neumann's critics would quieten down a little if he'd just show the other sports (basketball in this case) a little love.  It would've been nice if sometime during this amazing run by the basketball team if the school would've thrown them a pep rally.  I don't know who is in charge of scheduling pep rallies but I bet if the AD had said to have one there would've been one.  Little things like this mean a lot to all those not involved in football.  Just my two cents.
[/quote]Well, HJ hasn't had a pep rally for its basketball team in the last 5 years.  I'm with you.... I think that sucks!  But Neumann does not stand alone in that shooting gallery.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="979890" timestamp="1299645700"]
[quote author=samsung link=topic=81275.msg979885#msg979885 date=1299645356]
[/quote]Well, HJ hasn't had a pep rally for its basketball team in the last 5 years.  I'm with you.... I think that sucks!  But Neumann does not stand alone in that shooting gallery.
[/quote]

Sounds like there are other ADs out there that could make more of an effort to show their support for the entire Athletic Dept. 

[quote name="stevenash" post="979972" timestamp="1299681704"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81275.msg979968#msg979968 date=1299681559]
So there is *some* jealousy among basketball and football coaches' success?
[/quote]

Would that question also be pertinent in H-F?
[/quote]That question has never been thought of in HF

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="979968" timestamp="1299681559"]
[/quote]I don't know, I can't speak for others.... and to be honest, I can't speak for HJ.

The HJ football coach/AD is the announcer at our games.  I truly think there should be pep rallies at the beginning of the season, the beginning of play-offs and certainly when they head off to state.  But that's just my opinion.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="979979" timestamp="1299682262"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81275.msg979968#msg979968 date=1299681559]
[/quote]I don't know, I can't speak for others.... and to be honest, I can't speak for HJ.

The HJ football coach/AD is the announcer at our games.  I truly think there should be pep rallies at the beginning of the season, the beginning of play-offs and certainly when they head off to state.  But that's just my opinion.
[/quote]Question: If HJ was going to State in football ( :D ::) ), would HJ have pep rallies?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833