NEDERLAND VS. GALVESTON BALL GAME THREAD/Ball wins 71-48!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great season by the Dogs...they represented VERY well and simply ran into one heck of a basketball team last night...I watched Ball earlier in the season at the Nederland tournament and while they were good then, they were that much better last night...When your bigs can both score inside and then drop back and kill threes, you have run into something pretty tough...this is what Ball has in Petteway AND Evans...gotta tip my hat to Forney as well last night...he clearly was not 100% or even close, but he gutted it out the best he could and certainly went down swinging...great group of seniors who have given this community a lot to be proud of...like they say, "leave it better than you found it"...these guys definitely did that...Congrats Dogs and I look forward to seeing what next years group can do

This team and Coach English have me so proud of them I am just speechless.  Thank you so much for this memorable season.  Good luck to the boys in their future careers and looking forward to cheering on our boys returning for next years team.

I want to first congratulate the boys and Coach English on a great season. It has been amazing to see the crowds for each game and the support of the community for the first time in so many years. I hate to see the season end. On a different note...I feel like Coach E deserves a lot more than he is getting. By this I mean, a true assistant coach. An assistant who #1 knows a little about basketball. #2 an assistant who is just as involved and dedicated to the program as he is. #3 an assistant who does more than sit and stare into space during the games. An assistant who can see what needs to be done and who can actually help out.  Just one of thousands of examples I could give....in a game like last nite, I watched as Kelvin drew his 3rd foul in the 2nd quarter and Coach had no idea he even had 2. Shouldn't your assistant be aware of his role and step up...inform the head coach of these details. That was a very crucial part of the game and I blame his mindless assistant for the fact that Kelvin couldn't finish out the game! Its very sad to watch and I feel like Coach E and the entire program deserves the opportunity to have a guy in there that actually knows and cares about the game. Hopefully things will change in the future, considering this program is a vital part of this community and whether the "top dogs" like it or not.....its here to stay and it will PREVAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Dogs!

[quote name="badndn" post="978433" timestamp="1299372934"]
Nice first post Bulldogbacker!!! You really think English had no Idea that Smith had 2 fouls.
[/quote]

I think so! I dont know if you are familiar with Coach English, but he will most times lose track of the foul count and wont even be aware of it until one of the assistants grabs him by his usually nice suit and tells it straight to his face!  ;) ;D Sorry bout that Coach E!

As for Bulldogbacker's post, you are dead on!! Normally Nederland just throws a football coach or anybody that has free-time! I know a perfect person to get hired for the assistant coaching job, but he has to go through college first ;) The guy Im talking about is the true assistant coach a few seats down from English with a clipboard in hand at all times :)

[quote name="football04" post="978431" timestamp="1299372562"]
Do you think the "top dogs" don't want Coach English to win.  Isn't there two assistants, which one are you calling mindless, or is it both? 
[/quote]

Did anyone notice there was just ONE assistant coach at the Ball game? The other assistant coach was in Florida at Disney World w/the Nederland drill team....REALLY!?!?!?
I blame it all on Coach Neuman not wanting the basketball team (or any other sports program in Ned) to do better than football b/c he is so insecure and threatened by EVERYONE!!! The people of Nederland need to push him out.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="978446" timestamp="1299374737"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=81275.msg978433#msg978433 date=1299372934]
Nice first post Bulldogbacker!!! You really think English had no Idea that Smith had 2 fouls.
[/quote]

I think so! I dont know if you are familiar with Coach English, but he will most times lose track of the foul count and wont even be aware of it until one of the assistants grabs him by his usually nice suit and tells it straight to his face!  ;) ;D Sorry bout that Coach E!

As for Bulldogbacker's post, you are dead on!! [color=red]Normally Nederland just throws a football coach or anybody that has free-time![/color] I know a perfect person to get hired for the assistant coaching job, but he has to go through college first ;) The guy Im talking about is the true assistant coach a few seats down from English with a clipboard in hand at all times :)
[/quote]

The best coach for this job, and the one Coach English wanted, has wanted it the last two years when a spot was open and our Athletic Director has refused to let him fill the spot.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="978474" timestamp="1299376708"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=81275.msg978431#msg978431 date=1299372562]
Do you think the "top dogs" don't want Coach English to win.  Isn't there two assistants, which one are you calling mindless, or is it both? 
[/quote]

Did anyone notice there was just ONE assistant coach at the Ball game? The other assistant coach was in Florida at Disney World w/the Nederland drill team....REALLY!?!?!?
[color=red]I blame it all on Coach Neuman not wanting the basketball team (or any other sports program in Ned) to do better than football b/c he is so insecure and threatened by EVERYONE!!! The people of Nederland need to push him out.[/color][/quote]

My sentiments exactly.

[quote name="bulldog81" post="978475" timestamp="1299376906"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=81275.msg978446#msg978446 date=1299374737]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=81275.msg978433#msg978433 date=1299372934]
[/quote]

As for Bulldogbacker's post, you are dead on!! [color=red]Normally Nederland just throws a football coach or anybody that has free-time![/color] I know a perfect person to get hired for the assistant coaching job, but he has to go through college first ;) The guy Im talking about is the true assistant coach a few seats down from English with a clipboard in hand at all times :)
[/quote]

The best coach for this job, and the one Coach English wanted, has wanted it the last two years when a spot was open and our Athletic Director has refused to let him fill the spot.
[/quote]

I think I know who you are talking about ;) And I totally agree

I absolutely believe the "top dogs" don't want the basketball team or any other sport than football to excell. If they cared about the program they would allow the Head Coach to have a say so on who assists him. Rather than just throw a football guy in to the job. Also, if you think about it....any head coach who is trying to win a game has a million things and scenarios running through their mind. So an exact foul count an every player is not always going to be his top priority to keep up with. Just as an exact pitch count is not kept by the head coach. Just one of the very reasons for assistants. I know for a fact Coach E didn't know Kelvin had 3 fouls, because I witnessed him turn to his "mindless" assistant (which answers the queston of which one I am refereing to, since yes the other was at Disney World) and scream, "I needed to know when he had 2". At which point he would've most likely sat Kelvin for a while. Once he had 3 it was too late. Anyway, I not saying that alone is why they didn't win....I was just merely making a point that he is at a disadvantage with those assistants. I do think Jardell does a good job when he is there and I do belive he cares for the kids, but you can always count him out during "A Whimsical Christmas" and any other dance competition that takes priority in his life. Again, I don't intend to degrade Jardell, he's a great guy and has already put his time into basketball years ago. I believe he was thrown into this job just to fill a position. Which is my complete point in this.............we need assistants who really want to be there and who make the program a priority!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476