Burkeville In Trouble!!

Burkeville has already changed coaching positions once this year...more literally about 3 weeks ago, now they look to do the same just as before because their current coach has been removed from their school for the time being, what will they do with the season right around the corner, and a Newton tourney just 2 days away..

I had always wondered why Burkeville ISD had decided to go with Hamilton as baseball coach and part ways with Randy Rose, who as I understand it has a couple of teaching certifications aside from his coaching duties and that would seem to be a bargain for a school district that is looking to save money.

I especially wondered why he was released in favor of Hamilton, who had been on the verge of being released by Burkeville ISD over the last year and a half.  I feel for the kids in this case.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
At the January board meeting, Rose was rifted for financial reasons for the school year 2011-2012. He is still a paid employee of BISD until the end of the year so he technically has not left in the middle of the year. It was agreed that because he was indeed rifted, that it would be in his best interest and that of the children to find another baseball coach for this year who could build a program for next year and give Rose time in the spring to look for another school district to work for. Hamilton was thus assigned the head baseball job. I am hearing now that Elton Hightower has been hired to fill the void left by Hamilton.

Who's this Elton Hightower guy?  When you say Rose was rifted does that just mean they didn't extend his contract?  When I was in school Rose was not coaching but I bet he could have been a good coach to play for, IMO Burkeville needs some young blood in their athletic department.  Hamilton has been the football coach the last few years I think and I honestly think he is a great person, but he's been in retirement mode for a few years.  Hopefully Burkeville sticks with the basketball coach they have because I think the team really enjoyed this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin