Clint Scoggins - Silsbee

W     L      ERA     IP     H     BB     K
      2     0      [b]1.00[/b]   14    13     8      17

Combined
      W    L      ERA     IP      H     BB     K
       4    0      1.28    38     26    18     64

Not a bad 1-2 punch right there.

[/quote]

I've only seen Jenkins pitch, he's a load. Silsbee should make a long run this year.

Corbin Bell should be getting some votes imo. I know the Smith kid from LCM is very good too and Stone from PNG even though the other night against Lumberton must have been an off night or something. Bubba Maxwell and Hagler from Vidor. Im sure Im missing some good ones

[quote name="WTB" post="987522" timestamp="1300917275"]
Corbin Bell should be getting some votes imo. I know the Smith kid from LCM is very good too and Stone from PNG even though the other night against Lumberton must have been an off night or something. Bubba Maxwell and Hagler from Vidor. Im sure Im missing some good ones
[/quote]

Completely agree. Corbin Bell is by far the most underrated pitcher in the area. Consistently put up great numbers for years now, and is really one of the only kids that can pitch a full game lights out, then turn around and close a game in great fashion.  Throws hard, pitch placement is second to none, and has the most baseball smarts of any player playing right now. I site the pick off at third against Vidor last week, freaking beautiful.

[quote name="oldollie" post="984634" timestamp="1300413068"]
I don't know if anything was wrong with him, but against LCM he started,gave up three hits and and was pulled after the first inning. I am not talking bad about the kid, he is excellent, just wondering if he had a off day.
[/quote]His arm was sore that game. that is why he did not pitch after the 1st inn.  He was still clocked at 89 that game but leaving it fat.  You got to be good if you have a sore arm and can still throw 89.

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="984699" timestamp="1300419343"]
Jeremy is a great pitcher.We at Lee can vouch to that but is very hitable if you ask me.I mean with guys that can swing the stick.
[/quote]you are making it sound like you smashed him. Lee only had 6 hits in 7 inn ... esp when crosby had 4 er.  and i am sure they gave a hit on the ball to left field that the fielder missplayed a hit, and the game winning hit came after a er to make the 3rd out.  not really what I call smashing a pitcher..
I also heard his arm was not feeling right. only clocked at 89.  you did not face him at his best and you still only got 6 hits.... When he is on he is lights out!!

[quote name="Ricefan" post="987605" timestamp="1300938699"]
gabby didnt throw 89 against LCM..  THREW 83 , sat by scout from marlins, he was more impressed with lemoine from bc..... yes his (Gabby) arm was sore (he threw that satuturday) and is throwing better now.
[/quote]I cant argue that. the report from the LCM box where they were posting on SETXSPORTS. said he was clocked at 89..... I thought it was more like 84 and fat. and yes his arm was sore... He had pitched Monday agaist Sante Fe in a complete game 3 hit, 7k,  shut out throwing 77 pitches.

Guest Ranger83
Gabby will be fine.

You 20-4A boys should remember him from last year. ;) He did not look too bad then.

[b]BEAUMONT - The Crosby Cougars took advantage of three Vidor errors to score six runs in the third inning and score a 7-1 win over the Pirates in a one-game bidistrict playoff at Lamar University.

Cougar pitcher Jeremy Gabryswski pitched a complete game for the win, yielding four hits, including two in the sixth inning when Vidor scored its only run on a wild pitch.

Gabryswski struck out six batters and did not walk any.[/b]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin