TOP 500 High School Draft Prospects

dirtball

New Rankings Out  PG  greater Houston well represented, expect more changes before June
  44) Daniel Mengden      320) Cole Langford 
  64) Brian Brickhouse    365) Tyler Coker
  65)Chris McFarland        371)  Reggie Wilson
  83) Drake Roberts        368) Trent Rape 
  131) Cody Glenn          400) Justin Anderson
  153)  Jordan Stephens  402)  Amir Jalali
  177) Wayne Taylor        404) Elliot Richoux
  239) Toller Boardman    410)  Shaka Starling
  289) Cameron Neal      431    Reed Seely
                                    436  Nolan Riggs                               

Interesting report:
Wonder if these guys below attended enough PG Events over the past year:
For one would think these young men would def be on this list as well.

Quality prospect-type players for sure from SETx.
Derrian James - Westbrook
Austin Stone - PNG
Jeremy Gabryszwski - Crosby
Trevin Sonnier - Nederland
Wayne Stanley - Lumberton

[quote name="GTBBaseball" post="970724" timestamp="1298442697"]
Interesting report:
Wonder if these guys below attended enough PG Events over the past year:
For one would think these young men would def be on this list as well.

Quality prospect-type players for sure from SETx.
Derrian James - Westbrook
Austin Stone - PNG
Jeremy Gabryszwski - Crosby
Trevin Sonnier - Nederland
Wayne Stanley - Lumberton

[/quote]

I will double check that report. There are quite a few who are listed that never played a PG event. They have scouts continually calling in information on boys who they feel are draft material.
    Remember to that these are only "polls" taken from local and national sources and interest shown at the MLB club's front office. BUT , still just a poll. Gives us something else to talk about and entertain ourselves.

Didn't mean to hit some nerves, just posting what was written, nothing more, nothing less. Certainly some project out in the future, say after college, doesn't mean that some boys aren't players.
    Didn't expect any reaction such as this, but Dad's opinions are usually amusing, unfortunately I was hoping for more of a congratulatory context for those who were listed, but might have been expecting too much from those who can't be happy about any SE Texas boys who were named. Sorry to bring out the haters.
    If you remember, I stated these will change, and I also stated it was for discussion banter. I am truly sorry for seeing not one kid was congratulated by anyone. Oh well, at least no Mom's went nuts. If you wish, I won't provide any more information that "might be insensitive" to others. Sign of the times we live in. Well, I CONGRATULATE the triangle boys in spite of who it offends.

Still can't acknowledge the players named in the Beaumont area huh? My only opinion is that Seely is underrated in this grouping and yes I agree some kids mentioned are overlooked. that being said, I will once again, congratulate those listed. Pretty simple, huh? Offended no, amused hell ya.

Bolcereck in my estimation should have been there, where not quite sure, probably in the 350 mark. I believe that James should be top 250, and surely Gabby and Sonnier should be tagged somewhere  near there also.
    I will be catching some tournament games in the triangle area, I made a note on the Stone kid, where we he be at the next few weekends?
    Any poll that is based just on high school stats such as Baseball America , Max Preps, aren't much use to the scouting community. Allen Simpson who started Baseball America sold out a couple of years ago and has been a key component in Perfect Game becoming the the leading source for high school players. I have a scout level subscription to get the write ups on players, if any of you would private message I will help answer any questions on proprietary info for your boy when time allows. Be patient as I travel this time of year.The resource of PG for highschoolers is tremendous. If you are covering the minor leagues,  top pro prospects, BA still is hands on.
    Interesting break downs on 2011 postion players on PG this morning, not sure if it is available without subscription, but each postion is very keenly written.
    Good luck to all, heading from Woodlands to Round Rock.

[quote name="LumRaiderFan" post="971970" timestamp="1298605332"]
[quote author=bball11 link=topic=80762.msg971469#msg971469 date=1298563424]
Someone of those kids you named like Stone and stanley aren't draft prospects, just hate to break it to you!!!!
[/quote]

Your first post to slam two very talented players...real class! >:(
[/quote]

Wow he didn't slam any one.  The reality is that most players in high school are not even college prospects much less pro prospects.  Congrats to stone for signing with Baylor but bball11 is right he won't be drafted out of high school.

[quote name="dirtball" post="970710" timestamp="1298440375"]
  New Rankings Out  PG  greater Houston well represented, expect more changes before June
  44) Daniel Mengden      320) Cole Langford  
  64) Brian Brickhouse     365) Tyler Coker
  65)Chris McFarland        371)  Reggie Wilson
  83) Drake Roberts         368) Trent Rape  
  131) Cody Glenn           400) Justin Anderson
  153)  Jordan Stephens   402)  Amir Jalali
  177) Wayne Taylor        404) Elliot Richoux
  239) Toller Boardman    410)  Shaka Starling
  289) Cameron Neal       431    Reed Seely
                                    436   Nolan Riggs                                
[/quote]

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="971994" timestamp="1298607570"]
[quote author=LumRaiderFan link=topic=80762.msg971970#msg971970 date=1298605332]
[quote author=bball11 link=topic=80762.msg971469#msg971469 date=1298563424]
Someone of those kids you named like Stone and stanley aren't draft prospects, just hate to break it to you!!!!
[/quote]

Your first post to slam two very talented players...real class! >:(
[/quote]

Wow he didn't slam any one.  The reality is that most players in high school are not even college prospects much less pro prospects.  Congrats to stone for signing with Baylor but bball11 is right he won't be drafted out of high school.
[/quote]
Wow…thanks for the reality lesson…I just assumed all high school players were good enough to be drafted. ;D

I’m not gonna drag this out but yes, it was a shot by bball11 at these two boys and I didn’t like it…but I did notice that when he said it he “hated” to break it to us

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder