Jasper#17

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="rip2506" post="972206" timestamp="1298655179"]
[quote author=BOXT link=topic=80483.msg971677#msg971677 date=1298578905]

Right on RIP

It is all about the QUALITY!!!!

Depends on your competition

[/quote]

I was just about to delete that post.... for a controversial guy.. I hate being controversial  :D  And a [i][b]soar[/b][/i] loser to boot!
[/quote]

Spelling Police on patrol!  The word could be sore; or the word could be sour;  but it probably isn't soar (Unless your mean a high flying loser.). ;D ;D 8) 

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="972265" timestamp="1298662365"]
[quote author=rip2506 link=topic=80483.msg972206#msg972206 date=1298655179]
[quote author=BOXT link=topic=80483.msg971677#msg971677 date=1298578905]

Right on RIP

It is all about the QUALITY!!!!

Depends on your competition

[/quote]

I was just about to delete that post.... for a controversial guy.. I hate being controversial  :D  And a [i][b]soar[/b][/i] loser to boot!
[/quote]

Spelling Police on patrol!  The word could be sore; or the word could be sour;  but it probably isn't soar (Unless your mean a high flying loser.). ;D ;D 8)   
[/quote]

I Soar gracefully like a Spoonbill..... Sore!

My thoughts....If Brady were to ring up 500 against the Lions; then he did his job!  If he were to ring up 500 against the Packers/Steelers..then he did his job!  I feel its about the effort an athlete should give regardless of the competition!  Last I checked; no one in this area has an absolute stellar district to where the Quality is there night in and night out!  So with that being said; I feel it comes down to how an athlete prepares him or herself for the game itself and not the opponnet....just my thoughts!

[quote name="sharkstooth" post="972497" timestamp="1298683021"]
My thoughts....If Brady were to ring up 500 against the Lions; then he did his job!  If he were to ring up 500 against the Packers/Steelers..then he did his job!  I feel its about the effort an athlete should give regardless of the competition!  Last I checked; no one in this area has an absolute stellar district to where the Quality is there night in and night out!  So with that being said; I feel it comes down to how an athlete prepares him or herself for the game itself and not the opponnet....just my thoughts!
[/quote]

p.s.s this has nothing to do with last years 50... that was still a remarkable feat!!!!

:)I knew that last response would get my friend to respond....RIP...you know i am right there with you and i would never question which schools district competition is tougher since i have never seen the schools you have mentioned.  I will however trust your judgement because i know you know soccer!  I just want to point out...my response was basically this...Although I wish our district was tough day in and day out...it is what it is and our girls have to prepare for each and every game.  The topic was top scorer?...and the rebuttal was quality or quantity?  Valid point! And point taken!  I do know that Coach Bates Challenges our girls with her pre-district lineup!  We have faced teams in both Brenham and Longview that i feel will compete for the State Championship!  As to whether Yasi, Claire and Z having 20+ goals playing the PNG schedule...I would say for sure!  I would love to have seen them in the PURPLE AND WHITE!! and fighting for goals from Chloe; Natalie and Megan!  ;)  Oh by the way...Congrats on taking the best of the best to their Limit!  Hope our girls can do the same this year in the playoffs....

FF...I knew you would chime in!  I agree about the Quality over Quantity!  I never stated that I did not!  As far as the 10-0 bush league stuff...If you ever see a 10-0 game with the Lady Indians, I can assure you the ball is being spread around and several girls are involved in the scoring!  Most times in the 10-0 games, girls who do not usually get to play offense are allowed to. Our district has some schools that are still working on getting their programs up to speed and until then, there will be these type of games. As far as the two teams I feel will make a good run to State, the first being Pflugerville Hendrickson in 4A and Carrolton Creekview in 5A.
The only comparison below that you would be interested in is the Texas City game.  I saw your Friendswood team won 1-0 Friday against TC and congrats on going undefeated in the first half of district!  This Hendrickson team is the real deal with one of most elite players I have ever watched play soccer and she is a freshman.  She is a member of the United States National Team.

HHS Lady Hawks 2011 Varsity Results
Record (W-L-T): TBD | District: TBD
Pre-Season
Jan 6 Hendrickson v  NB Canyon (Scrimmage) 7-0 win 
Jan 10 Hendrickson v  Lake Travis (Scrimmage) 1-5 loss
Jan 14 Hendrickson v  Little Cypress (Brenham Tournament) 5-0 win
Jan 14 Hendrickson v  Port Neches Grove (Brenham Tournament) 5-0 win
Jan 15 Hendrickson v  Texas City (Brenham Tournament) 3-0 win
Jan 15 Hendrickson v  Brenham (Brenham Tournament) 3-0 win
Jan 20 Hendrickson v  Lehman (Hays Tourney) 6-0 win
Jan 20 Hendrickson v  La Grange (Hays Tourney) 6-0 win
Jan 21 Hendrickson v  Del Valle (Hays Tourney) 8-0 win
Jan 21 Hendrickson v  Canyon Lake (Hays Tourney) 3-0 win
Jan 22 Hendrickson v  (SA) Reagan (Hays Tourney) 2-1 win
Jan 26 Hendrickson v  Vandegrift (Scrimmage) 1-0 win
Jan 28 Hendrickson v  Rouse (Scrimmage) 7-0 win
Feb 1 Hendrickson v  Alamo Heights (Scrimmage) CANCELLED
District Matches
*Feb 5 Hendrickson v  Taylor 8-0 win 
Feb 10 Hendrickson v  Hutto 5-0 win 
*Feb 11 Hendrickson v  Manor 7-2 win 
Feb 15 Hendrickson v  Connally 8-0 win 
*Feb 18 Hendrickson v  Elgin 4-0 win 
Feb 22 Hendrickson v  Taylor 9-0 win 
*Feb 25 Hendrickson v  Hutto 
Mar 4 Hendrickson v  Manor 
*Mar 8 Hendrickson v  Connally 
*Mar 11 Hendrickson v  Elgin

Hey Sharktooth I love ya man!  I must confess the comments were made out of jealousy and poor sportsmanship.. Nat has 26+ goals and our closest was a dozen behind her and counting.. I had to make up some excuse for the disparity.. so Quality vs Quantity fit the bill... Nats a great scorer and lead our team when both Yasi and Zee were members.  I think if we switched the topic to a Quality bias her goal against Nederland would still be atop the polls... So even with a little spin we still come in 2nd  ;D ;D

Good luck in the playoffs and see ya in April.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder