Freshman/Sophomores to watch on varsity in 20-4A

utfan1982

Livingston has 2 sophomores on Varsity.  Tyler LeBlanc - 2nd base and Andrew Lantrip - Pitcher, SS and Outfield.  Both have had 2 HR's so far this year.  Lantrip pitched extra innings against PN-G and had 7 K's. Both are very talented!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tappedout" post="984653" timestamp="1300414415"]
I have not heard any talk about the Freshman phenom from Nederland who was the subject of a lot of talk before the season began. Is he on the Varsity, JV, or Sophomore team? I have not read or heard anything about him. I heard there were a few Varsity player's who will be dropping down to play with the JV against PNG. Is this true and which player's is it? Should be a very good game as both teams are undefeated and very good.
[/quote]
Nederland does not need to drop players from the varsity to beat any JV team in this area.
Two players were dropped after BB has ended. Done before last Tue's game. The two started on JV and did not contribute in Ned's win over Vidor.

This JV team would make the playoff's, if they were playing varsity. ;D

Guest tappedout
I've seen Nederland's JV and I don't believe that statement about playoff's but they are good. They will have their hand's full tonite against PNG's JV. I'm assuming ya'll will throw Nevula and PNG will throw the Freshman LeDoux. What team is Weisbrod on?

P.N.G. got the benefit of a very questionable call on the straight steal of third with one out that took us out of a big inning.You have to get those types of breaks to win close ball games.Both teams are very solid and enjoyable to watch.I will be looking forward to the rematch at our place.Congrats to PNG on a well played game.

[quote name="tappedout" post="985735" timestamp="1300569543"]
Robbin's is not the JV coach. Bottom line is that playoff team got beat.
[/quote]
I just wanted to put my .02 in...You are correct that Robbins is not the JV coach but supposedly he makes the calls as far as line ups. Their JV coach doesn't know anything about baseball so there is definitely some micro managing having to go on there!!  :o  ???  :o From what I've heard that program is being run into the ground. Poor decision making and favoritism kills a program, everytime!! Ned needs to wake up soon before their demise with so much talent on their hands!! It was a great game no doubt, (yes I was there)  I was just surprised to see them pull Nevala. I've been watching that kid pitch/play for several years and he was no where near being done. I think Ned would have won had they left him in  :-\... that's all....bad decision turned loss by the coach, IMHO!  Definitely talented group on both sides though!

[quote name="IMHO11" post="986432" timestamp="1300742485"]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=80224.msg985735#msg985735 date=1300569543]
Robbin's is not the JV coach. Bottom line is that playoff team got beat.
[/quote]
I just wanted to put my .02 in...You are correct that Robbins is not the JV coach but supposedly he makes the calls as far as line ups. Their JV coach doesn't know anything about baseball so there is definitely some micro managing having to go on there!!  :o  ???  :o From what I've heard that program is being run into the ground. Poor decision making and favoritism kills a program, everytime!! Ned needs to wake up soon before their demise with so much talent on their hands!! It was a great game no doubt, (yes I was there)  I was just surprised to see them pull Nevala. I've been watching that kid pitch/play for several years and he was no where near being done. I think Ned would have won had they left him in  :-\... that's all....bad decision turned loss by the coach, IMHO!  Definitely talented group on both sides though!
[/quote]
We were a little surprised too...as was Gabriel  :-\  (he wasn't any where near a high pitch count either tappedout  ;)) I do agree with some of what you've said but oh well...whatchya gonna do? Gabriel will just keep doing what he loves to do and thats play at the highest level of competition he can. There's lots I could say but I don't wanna get my kid in any trouble ;)  this is my first post on here and it might still cause trouble for him but I couldn't keep quiet any more  :P  He IS playing with a VERY talented group of boys that with the right coaching decisions...better go far! OK...zip...that's all I'll say  :D  ;D  ::)

[quote name="tappedout" post="986613" timestamp="1300794156"]
Their on the JV, they can't go too far.
[/quote]
I wasn't talking about this year!!! I know JV doesn't go anywhere...please don't take me for an idiot. I'm obviously referring to their varsity years!! It's a very strong group of athletes is the bottom line.
How in the world did I already get a - karma??? sheesh...ya'll are tough  ;D

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="986671" timestamp="1300805173"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=80224.msg985029#msg985029 date=1300477441]
Weisbrod is on the JV since Tuesday.
[/quote]
Has Weisbrod pitched yet? I hear through the grapevine he throws 90 mph.
[/quote]
he has not thrown for JV yet. Think he might have hurt himself running into the catcher at our last game :(

Guest strongend
It is always funny to me how parents always blame the coach.  I guess when they are coached by friends or relatives their whole life, it is hard to cope with not getting everything they are used to.  Parents plant a bad attitude in their child instead of helping.  They do not realize that this is very bad for a team as well as their kid.  Parents need to get over the fact that they are babe Ruth manager of the year and support their kids team.  Maybe if we had more of that and less griping, highschool baseball would be better off. What's next, are the parents gonna gripe at their kids boss when they don't get a promotion later in life.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83