Jasper Basketball

BADSANTA

I dont see Jasper making the playoffs, they are still in the hunt but I think if we started district today that Diboll would probably win district.  They have gotten better as the season goes on.  I see Center, Hudson and Diboll as top 3.  Jasper, if things fall right will get the 3rd spot but that will out them against a runner up in another district. 

Didn't Diboll lose their last game?  Maybe they are "better" now than when district started, but the other team must be even better?  And Jasper led Hudson most of the game last week and won by 8 or 9 as I remember.  But true, Jasper will need to win at Diboll.

Jasper does not have the lights out shooters of a couple years ago.  May be tough to win in the playoffs if they make it.

[quote name="j_dog" post="962257" timestamp="1297084613"]
Didn't Diboll lose their last game?  Maybe they are "better" now than when district started, but the other team must be even better?  And Jasper led Hudson most of the game last week and won by 8 or 9 as I remember.  But true, Jasper will need to win at Diboll.

Jasper does not have the lights out shooters of a couple years ago.  May be tough to win in the playoffs if they make it.
[/quote]Jasper hit a lot of threes the last game......they are a decent team. Also they did a good job at the clock and scores table. Looked like extra effort was made to get everything right.

[quote name="no-look" post="962262" timestamp="1297085789"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=79888.msg962257#msg962257 date=1297084613]

[/quote]Jasper hit a lot of threes the last game......they are a decent team. Also they did a good job at the clock and scores table. Looked like extra effort was made to get everything right.
[/quote]
Thanks for the scoring report.  as I have said, there may have been problems at the table in the past, but from what I have seen, it hurt Jasper also.

Diboll has gotten better than the beginning of the year.  No one picked them to get 2nd or 3rd in this district, and the way it is lining up is for just that to happen.  The reason they lost last week is because they played the best team in district, Center.  Jasper has a decent team, but as someone earlier posted, the first team that comes along if they make the playoffs that has any "salt" to them will win.

Center is "looking forward" to Jasper coming to town Tuesday :o...I can tell you that.  They have some pretty vivid and not very pleasant memories of their last trip to Jasper.  Something about the clock and official scoring ???

If get out of Houston in time tomorrow may make the drive up to see that one. Should be entertaining.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="962165" timestamp="1297046635"]
......... but I think if we started district today that Diboll would probably win district.  .............
[/quote]
I think I see what you mean.  If district started TODAY, Diboll would win the district.  But if district started last week, then Center is the best team??  

From what I sensed, it seemed the district was very competitive; and pretty even in talent.  Then I read about the "scoring table" advantage.  Judging from all the talk about the "scoring table" Jasper has no chance at Center against Center.  Nor at Diboll against Diboll.  And I thought it was actual Jasper players that made more shots than their opponents!

Well, it was nice for Jasper while it lasted...   :)  They need time to get ready for baseball anyway.   :)

[quote name="east texas bb" post="962831" timestamp="1297186051"]
Does Jasper have anything coming up in the younger age groups?  I know they were pretty stout for a couple of years.  Are they looking to be average for a while or do they have any good players from JV and any returning starters?
[/quote]
I don't know.  Haven't heard.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="962165" timestamp="1297046635"]
I dont see Jasper making the playoffs, they are still in the hunt but I think if we started district today that Diboll would probably win district.  They have gotten better as the season goes on.  I see Center, Hudson and Diboll as top 3.  Jasper, if things fall right will get the 3rd spot but that will out them against a runner up in another district. 
[/quote]jasper 51  center 46

[quote name="meadowlark" post="962618" timestamp="1297138072"]
Center is "looking forward" to Jasper coming to town Tuesday :o...I can tell you that.  They have some pretty vivid and not very pleasant memories of their last trip to Jasper.  Something about the clock and official scoring ???

If get out of Houston in time tomorrow may make the drive up to see that one. Should be entertaining.
[/quote] jasper 51 center 46

[quote name="GOT HEART? WE DO" post="963294" timestamp="1297222733"]
[quote author=meadowlark link=topic=79888.msg962618#msg962618 date=1297138072]

[/quote] jasper 51 center 46
[/quote]
and they said it could not be done!  ;)

[quote name="rider78" post="962034" timestamp="1297021445"]
If they played all their games at home the sky would be the limit. It's hard to overcome all the shenanigans that go on in the Jasper gym.
[/quote]
and what shenanigans did Jasper take to Center?  seriously. 

[quote name="j_dog" post="963384" timestamp="1297227137"]
[quote author=rider78 link=topic=79888.msg962034#msg962034 date=1297021445]
If they played all their games at home the sky would be the limit. It's hard to overcome all the shenanigans that go on in the Jasper gym.
[/quote]
and what shenanigans did Jasper take to Center?  seriously. 
[/quote]I watched the game and it appeared Jasper came out with a diferent style Defense to slow the fast past game that center has,  the kids executed well on offense and Jasper was leading 21-8 going into the second quarter. Some of the players on Center team was getting frustrated and one even was ejected.    Great game on both part

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin