Coldsprings Matt Wilson

[quote name="Trigger" post="951289" timestamp="1295472347"]
Great!  But all I find is info stating he has changed his verbal commitment; nothing indicates he has signed his letter of intent, yet...
[/quote]

No one can sign until singing day which is in February. Until then nothing is a done deal, and any player can change their verbal comment as many times as they want.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="951318" timestamp="1295474900"]
[quote author=Trigger link=topic=78979.msg951289#msg951289 date=1295472347]
Great!  But all I find is info stating he has changed his verbal commitment; nothing indicates he has signed his letter of intent, yet...
[/quote]

No one can sign until singing day which is in February. Until then nothing is a done deal, and any player can change their verbal comment as many times as they want.
[/quote]

And as late as they want to....until they sign that letter verbal commitments mean nothing.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="951331" timestamp="1295476961"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=78979.msg951318#msg951318 date=1295474900]
[quote author=Trigger link=topic=78979.msg951289#msg951289 date=1295472347]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And as late as they want to....until they sign that letter verbal commitments mean nothing.
[/quote]

Thank you sir, exactly my point.  I meant nothing derogatory regarding Matthew's character.  I just know he has not personally made it official.

[quote name="Trigger" post="951289" timestamp="1295472347"]
nothing indicates he has signed his letter of intent, yet...
[/quote]

Shocked that someone who purports to know so much about football and players skills or lack thereof wouldn't know the rules pertaining to committing and signing....

How can anyone who follows high school or college football semi closely not know that no one is allowed to sign a letter of intent (LOI) until signing day?  Or not know that signing day isn't until the first week of Feb?  (Actually it's the first wed of each February)

Other than telling family, friends, and coaches of his intentions there isn't anything else he or any other high school prospect can do until signing day...

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="952327" timestamp="1295638347"]
Well guess what fellows, I know for sure, he's my son, we had Coach Tuberville and Coach Moore at the house for dinner last night and I'm telling you its a done deal.
[/quote]

But what about Trigger?  Trigger has spoken...Surely you're mistaken....I mean what could you possibly know about the situation?  Your only the kids father!  :D

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Trojanfan" post="952327" timestamp="1295638347"]
Well guess what fellows, I know for sure, he's my son, we had Coach Tuberville and Coach Moore at the house for dinner last night and I'm telling you its a done deal.
[/quote]

Congrads but question Tfan. What happen to Dennis Scottt? He ever end up at Tech?

[quote name="beechnut" post="953567" timestamp="1295827564"]
[quote author=Trojanfan link=topic=78979.msg952327#msg952327 date=1295638347]
[/quote]

Congrads but question Tfan. What happen to Dennis Scottt? He ever end up at Tech?
[/quote]

I believe you're asking about James Scott...Didn't qualify and ended up going to Kilgore (Jr.) College....Don't think he lasted more than a year there...Last time I saw him (a couple of months ago) he was living back in Coldspring...

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="953863" timestamp="1295895204"]
[/quote]

Congrats to your son. Why did is decide to change from UH to TT?
[/quote]

If I were the parent of a child in this situation, I am not sure I'd make those public.  So I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get an answer on that.  Whatever the reasons were, good for Matt and his family to continue to look and make sure they have the right fit for Matt.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="MEM" post="953862" timestamp="1295895171"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=78979.msg953567#msg953567 date=1295827564]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe you're asking about James Scott...Didn't qualify and ended up going to Kilgore (Jr.) College....Don't think he lasted more than a year there...Last time I saw him (a couple of months ago) he was living back in Coldspring...
[/quote]

Ha Ha cant tell I follow old time NBA huh? Sorry thanks for the update and James was a heck of a athlete.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="953865" timestamp="1295895783"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=78979.msg953863#msg953863 date=1295895204]
[/quote]

Congrats to your son. Why did is decide to change from UH to TT?
[/quote]

If I were the parent of a child in this situation, I am not sure I'd make those public.  So I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get an answer on that.  Whatever the reasons were, good for Matt and his family to continue to look and make sure they have the right fit for Matt.
[/quote]

Ok no big deal I was just curious. I understand why some would not not wanna talk about it tho.

Matt took his visit out to Lubbock and really liked what he saw,Coach Tuberville and Coach Moore really did a good job of recruiting him, also met alot of the players and found some that were just like him,just a better fit for him personally.Thanks for the PM kicker,good to know.

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="954948" timestamp="1296050241"]
Matt took his visit out to Lubbock and really liked what he saw,Coach Tuberville and Coach Moore really did a good job of recruiting him, also met alot of the players and found some that were just like him,just a better fit for him personally.Thanks for the PM kicker,good to know.
[/quote]

No problem. Didnt mean to stir anything up, just parent to parent talking. like i said, good luck and I cant wait to watch him on Saturdays!!

OK, here is a long story cut short and edited. LOL

To some that dont understand the recruiting process and are wondering why kids change their mind, or turn down a big school (that would be a no brainer to you or others), to go to a smaller or different one, ther are ALOT of factors that are in play. Im not trying to toot my own horn, but I was one of those kids that was recruited and had multiple options. Some will probably want to shoot me for this, but here is a personal example. I was recruited by a few D1 schools. The one that wanted me the most was TCU. I was so excited about it. I wore TCU shirts to school, tried to learn their tradition, etc. I knew that is where I was going. I just knew. Even the summer before my senior year. I mean, who wouldnt want to go to a school like that. Well, when I took my official visit, things changed. They changed big. At the time, I wanted to play football and baseball. I learned that they only wanted me to play football, I also learned that my "offer" was only partial. When I say partial, my scholarship covered ALOT of money. Funny thing is, what wasnt covered would have been enough money to go to Lamar for 8 years, LOL. TCU is EXPENSIVE. Still I was pondering it. I then learned I would have to redshirt and also be the backup to the Groza award winner from that year. Me being 18 years old and wise (yeah right) I wanted to play my freshman year in college and not be behind anyone else. I then decided to take a ride to a school in Kansas that I could start right off the bat. The school was an NAIA school. Some of you are thinking, what in the world??? D1 to NAIA? Well here is the thing. Its all about matchups. just like a game. Some teams might be a monster, win all their games, are predicted for a state championship, no one has touched them all year (ie. see Brownwood. LOL). But there is always a team that has a better matchup with you. Well with that said, I had the opportunity to start as soon as I got there, there was noone ahead of me, and my head coach was Coach Kazor. He was the special teams and kicking coach for the Chicago Bears under the Ditka years. My goal was to get great instruction, learn how to really kick and to have a shot at the NFL. With what he could offer me, why wouldnt I take it? I had all that at that little school. So see? The matchup with me and the smaller school was better. This is why kids chnge so frequently, and sometimes doesnt make sense to others that dont know why. Anyways, there is one example. It is a big decision for these kids, and some matchups turn out to be better than others. it takes time to uncover them.

To add to my point, here is an example. At WOS there was a stud running back named Kendell Cleveland. To my knowlege, he was offered a few scholarships. (i cant rember if he went to a JUCO first or what), all were D1. He decided to go to LSU. I dont know all the details, nor am speaking for him or his family, but here is my opinion and what I saw. He goes there being probably one of the best running backs in Texas. Well guess what? There was also a little ole running back there that had the last name of Faulk. Kevin Faulk, the younger brother of Marshall Faulk. To this day, I believe that Kendall was better, but because of Kevins last name, he got all the snaps. Reminds me of what happened with Major Applewhite and Chris Sims at Texas. Anyways, that wasnt a good matchup school with Kendall. I honestly believe if he wouldn't have gone to LSU, he would have been a premier runningback at another large school. There are are some older WOS peeps on here that can shed some more light on this story, but this is what I remember. My point?? Kids need to make sure that the school they are going to commit to is a good matchup for them. Big names sometimes doesnt mean big games. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124