HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 64-56!!!

WOSgrad

Nice play by play Aggies are We.  Yall did a good job.  Sounded like HJ kept the tempo like they wanted for most of the game, but Silsbee had the momentum swing in their favor and they took control from there. It will be an interesting game at HJ.  Sislbee needs to put 2-3 quarters of their kind of tempo in order to win big.  As long as Hj keeps it to a slowere tempo, like the first half, it will be a close game.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="948610" timestamp="1295066955"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78734.msg948599#msg948599 date=1295066465]
2 dunks. Note to Silsbee ISD lower the volume on music. And lower the roof on gym for the next 3 years so Bosha won't be able to shoot. ;)
[/quote]

an additional note- one national anthem is sufficient for the evening
[/quote]
It didn’t bother me
Both young women did a wonderful job

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="948615" timestamp="1295067144"]
That music was horrible! They blew out my ear drumbs. This crap playing girls before guys is a joke!
[/quote]
Easy man  ::)

drop it in the Suggestion Box  on the way out the door  ;D

The music level could be dropped and the speakers could be replaced they are 12 years old

[quote name="Tiger05" post="948613" timestamp="1295067068"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg948610#msg948610 date=1295066955]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78734.msg948599#msg948599 date=1295066465]
2 dunks. Note to Silsbee ISD lower the volume on music. And lower the roof on gym for the next 3 years so Bosha won't be able to shoot. ;)
[/quote]

an additional note- one national anthem is sufficient for the evening
[/quote]
It didn’t bother me
Both young women did a wonderful job
 Agree about the singers.  However, dont see the need to play/sing the anthem twice within a 90 minute period
[/quote]

Nice comeback win for the Tigers.  Really thought that my Hawks were gonna steal one in Silsbee and put themselves in a position to win the district title outright!!!  DC is really, really good.  Congrats again on the win and will be looking for revenge in Sour Lake in a few weeks.  BETTER GET THERE EARLY!!!!!

First, I would like to personally apologize to everyone for the difficulties we had with the broadcast tonight. One of the biggest games of the year and we definitely turned the ball over several times early on. After it was a no-go for KFDM on the video broadcast (I am feeling your dissappointment Lance, but it was not your fault, these dang computers!!!), we had to scramble to get the normal audio link up to do an audio broadcast. After several failed attempts to get the proper link up, we finally made it on air with about 2 minutes left in the first half. It just wasn't a good night in the broadcasting department, sometimes you have these nights.

Again, I apologize for the inconvience and for missing the first half of the game.

Hopefully we will produce a much better broadcast the 2nd time around.

Scoring and Fouls----

Silsbee--9-14-17-24----64     16 Fouls

Stallworth  21     0 Fouls
T. Barrett  9     5 Fouls
Gaines 6     2 Fouls
Elam 6     1 Foul
Lane 6     1 Foul
Harris 5    3 Fouls
Wilson 3    2 Fouls
Barclay  2     0 Fouls
Holmes 2     1 Foul
R. Barrett 2     0 Fouls
Busby 2     1 Foul

Hardin-Jefferson---15-14-17-10----56     18 Fouls

Prudhomme 22     4 Fouls
Persohn 10     4 Fouls
Bosha 9     0 Fouls
Sutherland 6     2 Fouls
Harmon 5     1 Foul
Gustafson 4     5 Fouls
Villasin 1     1 Foul
Vallery 0     1 Foul
Carr 0     0 Fouls
Colbert 0     0 Fouls

Score by quarters

1       2       3       4      tot

HJ               15      14     17      10     56
Silsbee          9       14     17      24     64

The 4th quarter was Silsbee's!! They opened the quarter on a 13-0 run, turning a 6 point deficit, 46-40, to a 7 point lead, 53-46. They extended the run to 20-4, getting a 10 point lead with 2:30 minutes left, 60-50. Both teams basically traded baskets the remaining 2 minutes.

Yes LAZEEK, DC is very, very good!! He scored 17 of his 21 points in the 2nd half, scoring 10 in the 4th, to lead the Tigers to victory.

Prudhomme led HJ with 22.

I wasn't too far off on my prediction. I had Silsbee winning 66-53, final was 64-56.

My comments on this game:

1) Great game for Prudomme - I think this was a coming out party of him that proved that he can play with the big boys.  He's often come up short during the big games, but this should be a confidence booster for him.
2) For some reason, HJ seems to be able to handle Prentiss Lane.  I always hear how good he is, but he seems to be off against HJ.  I think we've been lucky on that one.
3) Great game for the Hawks, but we let fatigue and a few bad breaks kill us.  There was one point where Silsbee scored 8 consecutive points on plays where HJ should have got the ball back (due to Silsbee foul or whatnot).
4) Persohn and Bosha should have gained some confidence from this game, as both contributed very well.
5) Sadly, I think the better team won....... But Silsbee, you let the Hawks know that they can hang with you.   You should have never let them think that!  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83