HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 64-56!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="948791" timestamp="1295108557"]
So, are you saying you are naive, or do you really believe Travis doesn't make a difference with this team?

He is the head coach, btw.

[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know he is the head coach.  I guess, in all my naivete, I didnt realize that.  Just posting an opinion, to which I believe I am entitled.  As for being naive, give me time.  I'll will keep reading on here and learning.  Who knows, perhaps the day will come when the enlightened will not consider me as naive.

[quote name="ST413" post="948793" timestamp="1295108710"]
I never said we would have won by more just said he would have mada a difference. Don't you feel that even though his assistants could do well if Sutherland missed the game it would have an effect?
[/quote]

Thats enough.  It was  all (intentionally) taken out of context to begin with. 

[quote name="stevenash" post="948795" timestamp="1295108839"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78734.msg948791#msg948791 date=1295108557]
So, are you saying you are naive, or do you really believe Travis doesn't make a difference with this team?

[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know he is the head coach.  I guess, in all my naivete, I didnt realize that.  Just posting an opinion, to which I believe I am entitled.  As for being naive, give me time.  I'll will keep reading on here and learning.  Who knows, perhaps the day will come when the enlightened will not consider me as naive.
[/quote]

I personally don't consider you naive. You know exactly what you are talking about, meant every word.

Guest jettyman
I already know what the response is going to be from the HJ haters but having 3 of your key players going into the 4th qtr with 4 fouls certainly changes the mindset and complexity of the game.  Without a doubt,  Silsbee seized the opportunity and scored several uncontested shots because the players in jeopardy did not want to draw the 5th. Personally, I think that could be deemed missing personal.

Referees are human and certainly are subject to mistakes and I totally believe that none of them go into a game wanting to grant favoritism to a particular team.  On the other hand,  we always talk about match ups and injuries when the men in black are a intrical part of the game as well.

In conclusion, regardless of the outcome, all of the kids who participated in this game learned many positive life lessons.  I can honestly say this because a person I know who participated in the game said his heart was racing 90 to nothing and it was awesome to be in that enviroment.  Although, he was unhappy with outcome he knows Good Lord willing there will be many more opportunities to come.

Thanks SEXT SPORTS, although you all waded through several technical difficulties the broadcast was great and we are fortunate to have this perk.

Guest jettyman
Ok, I stand corrected but the 5,10,32 all had 4 fouls EARLY in the fourth qtr.  Not an excuse for the loss but it did cause the game to be played differently for those in foul trouble.  Many of us said the team that stays out of foul trouble will be victorious and that was the case.  

Ponder: If DC has 4 fouls early in the 4th Qtr does he perform like he did?  He is such a great talent and I am sure he could compete at high level but rest assured the concern of a 5th foul would (a)effect his game.

If Silsbee coaches watch this game the way I did, there are several ways I would play HJ different next go around. Gustofson is a one handed point guard with no confidence in his shot. Prejohn only plays on the left side of the block. Silsbee did a nice job of doubling down on him in the 4th. The Sutherland kid doesn't too much on the floor. Yes he is a good set shot shooter but if you pressure him to dribble it takes away that shot. Looks like Bosha thinks he's playing MTV Rock n Jock basketball. He thinks he can get 25 points for those long 3's. He needs to come closer. Prudhomme will go for any pump fake you give him. DRIVE THE BALL.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="948842" timestamp="1295115720"]
If Silsbee coaches watch this game the way I did, there are several ways I would play HJ different next go around. Gustofson is a one handed point guard with no confidence in his shot. Prejohn only plays on the left side of the block. Silsbee did a nice job of doubling down on him in the 4th. The Sutherland kid doesn't too much on the floor. Yes he is a good set shot shooter but if you pressure him to dribble it takes away that shot. Looks like Bosha thinks he's playing MTV Rock n Jock basketball. He thinks he can get 25 points for those long 3's. He needs to come closer. Prudhomme will go for any pump fake you give him. DRIVE THE BALL.
[/quote]

Maybe his theory is that an long open three (before defender can get into position) has a better chance than a shorter contested three.  By the way, he had 8 in one game earlier this season from that range.( ( an eight foot putt aint much easier to make than a 10 footer)  Additionally, if you take one thing away, you normally give up something elses.  Persohn is right handed and has no trouble shooting a right handed layup.  He simply was taking what the defense would give. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="948802" timestamp="1295109023"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg948795#msg948795 date=1295108839]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78734.msg948791#msg948791 date=1295108557]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I personally don't consider you naive. You know exactly what you are talking about, meant every word.
[/quote]I meant every word and you knew every word I meant, in spite of subsequent responses.

Sounds like sour apples.  Give congrats to Silsbee.  They won no matter the circumstances.  Dont make excuses once the game is over, there are too many variables to say this of that, you could say the kid for Silsbee that went out of the game would have made 4 3's if he wouldnt have went out. You dont know what you dont know.  I personally think both teams have good teams.  Either team will be hard to beat.  I think HJ will probably get the best of Silsbee at HJ.  Where HJ has the advantage right now is they can play at two diffferent tempos.  Fast and slow.  Slisbee knows how to play a fast game.  If Silsbee wants a chance to be the best they will learn to play at both tempos or be able to force the tempo in their favor every game.  All in all it sounded like a great game to be at last night.  Enjoy the moment even if you lost, those kids of atmosphere's dont come along that often.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami