HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 64-56!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="948699" timestamp="1295073566"]
DC had 17 in the 2nd half and they had no other player in double figures..........DC needed to score in the 2nd half for the Tigers to win........and he did!!!!!!

Bottom line is both are very good and DC is the best this year and Prudhomme will likely be the best player in the area next season since he is only a junior and it is only his 2nd season on varsity.  Where as DC has been a starter for 4 years at Silsbee!!!
[/quote]

You got that right.  When DC needed to score he did.  He contributed elsewhere as well.  Causing several turnovers and getting several loose balls in our run.  Sean will benefit a lot from having Persohn around both this year and next.  Sean will be able to stay outside more,  where DC has had to move back down low.  It will help him get better for college.  DC can play outside but the more you get to do it the better you get.

A 2 minute stretch to open the 4th quarter was the difference in this one.That was caused by the depth on the Tiger bench and the home court advantage.After watching this one I think the 2 clubs split the regular season games,they are closer than I thought they were.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="948710" timestamp="1295074411"]
I think DC guarded just about every Hawk that suited up tonight. ;D

DC did as much on the defensive end as he did on the offensive end.
[/quote]

DC looked to me like he did not feel well in the first half.  Don't know if it might have been the toe or something else - just didn't seem to have "It."

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="CATMAN" post="948694" timestamp="1295073266"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78734.msg948684#msg948684 date=1295072785]
Things I observed. 1) Prudhomme is a beast! He isn't as good as DC but he is a better rebounder. 2) 32 for HJ is a darn good player. Silsbee really had no one to hold him 3) Silsbee overall played sloppy. Bad passes and bad shooting 4). HJ has a team that is very equal to Silsbee's. 5) Gustafason is a better point guard that I thought.
[/quote] BS u seen a basketball about time.
[/quote]

Well, I guess that about does it.  It's been ordained by badsanta so what's left to say? ::)

[quote name="ST413" post="948665" timestamp="1295070389"]
This was a great game. The Hawks came to play but I believe our depth finally wore them out.  DC is very good and a lot of the plays he makes don't show up in the statistics. We hit our FTs down the stretch while the Hawks didn't.  Gus proved how good a PG he is. He seemed to find the open man at will.  When we made our run in the fourth, he was the only Hawk who seemed to handle the pressure. Bosha is gonna be a thorn in the Tigers side for quite a while.  I thought rebounding in the first half was big for the Hawks as well.  And when we would start a little run in the first half HJ would end it with a big shot.  One of those being a LONG rang 3 by Bosha.  Everything you could expect from this rivalry.
[/quote]

Just wondering if those "Silsbee is a 20-30 point better team" disciples still adhere to that contention.

[quote name="stevenash" post="948726" timestamp="1295098362"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78734.msg948665#msg948665 date=1295070389]
This was a great game. The Hawks came to play but I believe our depth finally wore them out.  DC is very good and a lot of the plays he makes don't show up in the statistics. We hit our FTs down the stretch while the Hawks didn't.  Gus proved how good a PG he is. He seemed to find the open man at will.  When we made our run in the fourth, he was the only Hawk who seemed to handle the pressure. Bosha is gonna be a thorn in the Tigers side for quite a while.  I thought rebounding in the first half was big for the Hawks as well.  And when we would start a little run in the first half HJ would end it with a big shot.  One of those being a LONG rang 3 by Bosha.  Everything you could expect from this rivalry.
[/quote]

Just wondering if those "Silsbee is a 20-30 point better team" disciples still adhere to that contention.
[/quote]Just goes to show you can win with talent even when your main leader is missing in action. ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="948730" timestamp="1295099299"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg948726#msg948726 date=1295098362]
[/quote]

[/quote]Just goes to show you can win with talent even when your main leader is missing in action. ;D
[/quote]

Hmmmm Not aware of any missing personel for either team

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="948747" timestamp="1295102784"]
I don't see these teams spliting this season. HJ is much better than what I thought but so is Silsbee. IMO HJ may have played their best game of the year where Silsbee (who had another 6 day break) will be stronger the next time they play in 2 weeks.
[/quote]

And how would you know this was HJs best game of the season?  Prudhomme, Gus, and Persohn all playing with four fouls while Mr. Stallworth had 0?  Dont you find that rather interesting? 

[quote name="stevenash" post="948738" timestamp="1295101964"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78734.msg948730#msg948730 date=1295099299]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would say Silsbee not having Travis on the bench qualifies as missing personel. ;) Also. Silsbee was missing Rhone, a key backup, who was gone on a football recruiting trip. HJ still missing Anderson.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="948768" timestamp="1295107004"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg948738#msg948738 date=1295101964]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78734.msg948730#msg948730 date=1295099299]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would say Silsbee not having Travis on the bench qualifies as missing personel. ;) Also. Silsbee was missing Rhone, a key backup, who was gone on a football recruiting trip. HJ still missing Anderson.
[/quote]  I think you and I both know that Silsbee would have operated in the same manner whether Travis was there or not so I would suggest it had no bearing on the outcome of the game.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="948774" timestamp="1295107807"]
But it's still missing personel, contrary to what you posted. ;)

I am not that certain on the "operating in the same manner" but I agree the result would have been the same. ;D
[/quote]

One would be naive to think that a head coach missing from a team's sideline doesn't have some affect on how a team plays. Especially one with as much emotion as Williams.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="948778" timestamp="1295107997"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78734.msg948774#msg948774 date=1295107807]

I am not that certain on the "operating in the same manner" but I agree the result would have been the same. ;D
[/quote]

One would be naive to think that a head coach missing from a team's sideline doesn't have some affect on how a team plays. Especially one with as much emotion as Williams.
[/quote]

Totally agree!!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="948774" timestamp="1295107807"]

[/quote]

Contrary?  That assumes the reader doesnt fully understand the context of what was written (and I believe you do)
But thats ok.  I stand corrected.  I dont mind nit picking stuff because I have been known to sniff out a few of those myself.

As good as all these coaches are I don't see how you can say not having Travis didn't have an effect. Yes it wouldn't have changed the way we played but it would have given a thirdbset of eyes on the bench, and more ideas strategy wise.          Would it have made much difference in the outcome is guess work but he definitely would have made a difference. He wasn't given the job for no reason!

[quote name="ST413" post="948784" timestamp="1295108173"]
As good as all these coaches are I don't see how you can say not having Travis didn't have an effect. Yes it wouldn't have changed the way we played but it would have given a thirdbset of eyes on the bench, and more ideas strategy wise.           Would it have made much difference in the outcome is guess work but he definitely would have made a difference. He wasn't given the job for no reason!
[/quote]

Ok Ok - If you would have had Travis, you would have won by 20.  Not sure I am the only" naive" one posting here.

[quote name="stevenash" post="948787" timestamp="1295108311"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78734.msg948784#msg948784 date=1295108173]
As good as all these coaches are I don't see how you can say not having Travis didn't have an effect. Yes it wouldn't have changed the way we played but it would have given a thirdbset of eyes on the bench, and more ideas strategy wise.           Would it have made much difference in the outcome is guess work but he definitely would have made a difference. He wasn't given the job for no reason!
[/quote]

Ok Ok - If you would have had Travis, you would have won by 20.  Not sure I am the only" naive" one posting here.
[/quote]
I dont know about that. ;) ;D

[quote name="the sports guy" post="948788" timestamp="1295108397"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg948787#msg948787 date=1295108311]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78734.msg948784#msg948784 date=1295108173]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I dont know about that. ;) ;D
[/quote]  If you "dont know" then you, too, must be naive

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami