Woodville vs. Woden/Zavalla Tournament/ Woodville Wins!! 41-35!

Both teams played good defense. Woodville dominated down low most of the game. Gaurds had a slow day. But this "press" that woden showed was way over-rated. It didnt even phase woodville. Woodvilles problem was leaving jump shooters wide open. They dont do that and this game was blown WIDE open by woodville.

Woodville is alot bigger than I thought and have more than Sells.  But they are still not nearly as big or skilled as CH.  Dont get me wrong, great win and Woodville should make the playoffs, but it is not good that they have to play Woden 3 times.  It is hard to beat someone 3 times in a season.  Woden will get them once in district IMO.  CH is still the clear favorite and Woodville, Woden, SA, Newton, and Corrigan will fight for the last 3.
I will go out and say CH, Woodville, Woden in district. SA gets forth this year.  And newton cant be overlooked.  They only lost to Woodville by 5 someone said.  They was up 12-15 at one point.  From the looks of Newton they are going to get better.  If they will get in the gym and practice they have a legite shot at a playoff spot. And everyone knows it is hard to win at SA. 

Newton had some athletes and could be good. Theyre going to struggle with this new coach though. But it looks like he knows what hes talking about pretty well. Woodville won by 11. Not just 5. It was five at one point late in the fourth but woodville scored a few at the end. Woodville/CH top two and Woden/SA for the third spot. But i have yet to see SA play this year.

SA is good, IMO not as good as in the years past but they are still good.  CH wins distrcit, slight edge to Woodville for 2nd.  Woden and SA and Newton and Corrigan Camden for the 3rd spot.
Should be a good district. Looking forward to watching some games.  SA will be hard to beat at SA always are.  Newton and Corrigan although just coming out of the playoffs have the ability to beat anyone.  Each game is going to count in this district.  Better come prepared every night.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="930870" timestamp="1292074071"]
SA is good, IMO not as good as in the years past but they are still good.  CH wins distrcit, slight edge to Woodville for 2nd.  Woden and SA and Newton and Corrigan Camden for the 3rd spot.
Should be a good district. Looking forward to watching some games.  SA will be hard to beat at SA always are.  Newton and Corrigan although just coming out of the playoffs have the ability to beat anyone.  Each game is going to count in this district.  Better come prepared every night.

[/quote]

SA will have their top two players by district time....  still hurt due to football injuries. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami