Dayton vs. La Marque Game Threads/LaMarque Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats LM!

What a great group of athletes on O and D you guys have.

This loss IMO can't be pinned on one player, Herrera made several great 1st down runs and several good plays eluding pressure when protection broke down.

Great season Broncos and I hope we got beat by this year's state champs.

[color=navy][b]Cmon xlmcoog88, that's like the fifth or sixth time you've done that this past week. You just quoted yourself in your last post talking about a cupcake district with sprinkles and a jab about the low scoring output by the broncos today. You throw those little jabs and when someone says anything back you act like you're taking the high road all of a sudden. You [b]DID[/b] say something negative that you knew would spark a response. So please don't go there dude. You were classy during the season and we all appreciated the scoring updates. We congratulated the cougars on a great game. A great defensive effort. We've all acknowledged that 24-4A is a tough district. What else do you want? We do have some pride over here. We're not just gonna bow down and take the insults and jabs from a classless winner. So quit saying you don't do the tit-for-tat thing. You've said that like five or six times also, yet you continue to initiate confrontation. Just callin it like I see it bra.[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="920581" timestamp="1290907673"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=76700.msg920552#msg920552 date=1290906377]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76700.msg920361#msg920361 date=1290897615]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=76700.msg920351#msg920351 date=1290897104]
Well I went with the 5 rings and ended up right......
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Yes sir you were correct! I was wrong about one thing though....19-4A wasn't just a cupcake district....I forgot to mention the sprinklies on top of them cupcakes! 40 something point scoring average? Only 37 points shy![/b][/color]
[/quote] Very impressed with  LM ! Dayton had a great season and just got beat by the better team - to bad xLmcoog 88 had to come down and  waller in the slop he supposedly despised.  Great season Bronco's we are very proud of you !
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Oh don't even try that mess dude...I never said anything negative directly toward Dayton or it's fans. If you can't handle the fact that 19-4A is a cupcake district this year like I said it was then that's on you? How is that any different than me seeing "yea, LM is only in the 3rd round because they played HISD Schools?" If I wanted to refute all the trash I saw one by one I could but that's not my style and I don't have time to waste on such silliness. I even congratulated Dayton on their season so it seems to be you're a sore loser perhaps? Either way, I stated my opinion and it showed to be true and I don't go tit-for-tat so see ya later fella![/b][/color]
[/quote][b]I even congratulated Dayton on their season[/b] yep you did... but only after you said the cupcake thing and threw in the sprinkles on top. So you had to put a jab in there along with the congrats. Dayton got outplayed today. LM played an awesome game. That Tim Wright is the real deal.

[quote name="Matt" post="920615" timestamp="1290908823"]
Okay the receivers were running too slow.
[/quote]

short qb and short rb makes for a bad combo when trying to complete screen passes.

You're  entitled to your opinion.

IMO, most everyone made mistakes in this game, I just choose not to single one player out.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="920332" timestamp="1290896378"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=76700.msg920327#msg920327 date=1290896085]
[quote author=dardar455 link=topic=76700.msg920317#msg920317 date=1290895693]
Coog really a same that u only have something to say when Broncos are behind or when we beat you.  Get over it and get off of here.
[/quote] Come on dardar he can say what he thing. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Hold on lets correct English for the Children of the Corn.

Coog "it's" really a "shame" that you only have something to say when "the" Broncos are behind or when we beat you. Get over it and get off here.

Also go to heck i posted whenever i darn well please.

[/quote]

Yes, I meant to say shame, but I was in the ER at the time, trying to keep track of what was going on... yes you can say what you please, but why cant it be something nice instead of something negative all the time? Till next season....

[quote name="dayton" post="920630" timestamp="1290909323"]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=76700.msg920615#msg920615 date=1290908823]
Okay the receivers were running too slow.
[/quote]

short qb and short rb makes for a bad combo when trying to complete screen passes.

You're  entitled to your opinion.

IMO, most everyone made mistakes in this game, I just choose not to single one player out.

[/quote]

You win or lose as a team.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="920617" timestamp="1290908837"]
[color=navy][b]Cmon xlmcoog88, that's like the fifth or sixth time you've done that this past week. You just quoted yourself in your last post talking about a cupcake district with sprinkles and a jab about the low scoring output by the broncos today. You throw those little jabs and when someone says anything back you act like you're taking the high road all of a sudden. You [b]DID[/b] say something negative that you knew would spark a response. So please don't go there dude. You were classy during the season and we all appreciated the scoring updates. We congratulated the cougars on a great game. A great defensive effort. We've all acknowledged that 24-4A is a tough district. What else do you want? We do have some pride over here. We're not just gonna bow down and take the insults and jabs from a classless winner. So quit saying you don't do the tit-for-tat thing. You've said that like five or six times also, yet you continue to initiate confrontation. Just callin it like I see it bra.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]It is a cupcake district this year is it not? Is HISD not a horrible district? You go right ahead and say whatever you please fella as that's your right just as it is mine as long as were not violating TOS. Sure, you didn't mind me posting scores as long as I said nada against any SETX team but the very minute I state my opinion and it plays out just as I said it would you get all bent out of shape. If you look further up my thread I stated that my own team LM wouldn't get much farther due to the discipline problem. I am a realist and I don't drink the Kool-Aid, not even for my own team so if you can't stand it then don't read my posts? I can't even imagine the posts that a [u]FEW[/u] over here would have made had the game went the other way but I don't even see those types around right about now. You go right ahead and come full force back at me if you want but the only thing I ask is to keep it to football eh? What might you say...well LM isn't gonna win state anyway? Go right ahead because I agree with you fully! Now, I'm trying to listen to the PNG/Manvel game so I'll be on my way. [/b][/color]

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="920689" timestamp="1290911197"]
You didn't just "state your opinion", you threw the jab about the district and the scoring average. See, you just did it again and you don't realize it. Go listen the game "fella", my last words on the subject. When I say I don't do the tit-for-tat, I actually mean it.   ;)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]The scoring average Dayton has is a direct reflection of the opponents they beat up on primarily in district play correct? Doesn't mean Dayton is a bad team....it simply means the easy caliber of opponents they had during district didn't make it any easier for Dayton the further they progressed in the playoffs. How do you think you get prepared for stiffer competition...surely not by running over inferior teams? Do you think that our fans were happy to see Wheatley, Terry or B-Port on our predistrict schedule and El Campo taken off? Why...because we knew we wouldn't get better by rolling over those teams and avoiding a foe that could actually show our weaknesses. We got beat 3 times in district play and for that reason we got better. I understand that it's not Dayton's fault who's in their district just as it isn't our fault we face HISD in the 2nd round. I'll take the sprinkly thing back because I can see why it might stir the pot but the caliber of Dayton's foes is what it is...nothing more, nothing less. If you can't come to grips with those facts then I can't help that. I, like you no longer wish to discuss this matter any further so we'll agree to disagree. I have no time to be sensitive to your feelings as this is a bulletin boards that opponents discuss things about and if you cant stomach it then I don't know what to tell you? I don't care about people talking smack to me as long as it pertains to football because that's expected but when people turn it personal to the point where a moderator sees fit to remove it then that's crossing the line and that's what I have a problem with. Not that someone might say your team sucks or you're no good. Why, because I know the difference and don't let it get under my skin....you should try it?[/b][/color]

What's funny about this back and forth?  95% of you think LM's some sort of upstart program.  5 rings to none for Dayton.  That's tradition on LM's part despite their recent woes.  And they will probably get their 6th ring before Dayton gets its first.....

[quote name="SFA85" post="920744" timestamp="1290913215"]
What's funny about this back and forth?  95% of you think LM's some sort of upstart program.  5 rings to none for Dayton.  That's tradition on LM's part despite their recent woes.  And they will probably get their 6th ring before Dayton gets its first.....
[/quote]i said earlier in the season LM was back, this wasnt a surprise to me, coulda went either way. LM is young and experienced, thats dangerous come playoff time. ask folks facing Aledo about that.

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="920581" timestamp="1290907673"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=76700.msg920552#msg920552 date=1290906377]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76700.msg920361#msg920361 date=1290897615]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=76700.msg920351#msg920351 date=1290897104]
Well I went with the 5 rings and ended up right......
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Yes sir you were correct! I was wrong about one thing though....19-4A wasn't just a cupcake district....I forgot to mention the sprinklies on top of them cupcakes! 40 something point scoring average? Only 37 points shy![/b][/color]
[/quote] Very impressed with  LM ! Dayton had a great season and just got beat by the better team - to bad xLmcoog 88 had to come down and  waller in the slop he supposedly despised.  Great season Bronco's we are very proud of you !
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Oh don't even try that mess dude...I never said anything negative directly toward Dayton or it's fans. If you can't handle the fact that 19-4A is a cupcake district this year like I said it was then that's on you? How is that any different than me seeing "yea, LM is only in the 3rd round because they played HISD Schools?" If I wanted to refute all the trash I saw one by one I could but that's not my style and I don't have time to waste on such silliness. I even congratulated Dayton on their season so it seems to be you're a sore loser perhaps? Either way, I stated my opinion and it showed to be true and I don't go tit-for-tat so see ya later fella![/b][/color]
[/quote] Please explain where in my post I am a sore loser ? I just stated a fact about you always crying foul and then turn around gloat with hypocrisy - I have nothing against the Cougars they are a great team !

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="920738" timestamp="1290913007"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=76700.msg920689#msg920689 date=1290911197]
You didn't just "state your opinion", you threw the jab about the district and the scoring average. See, you just did it again and you don't realize it. Go listen the game "fella", my last words on the subject. When I say I don't do the tit-for-tat, I actually mean it.   ;)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]The scoring average Dayton has is a direct reflection of the opponents they beat up on primarily in district play correct? Doesn't mean Dayton is a bad team....it simply means the easy caliber of opponents they had during district didn't make it any easier for Dayton the further they progressed in the playoffs. How do you think you get prepared for stiffer competition...surely not by running over inferior teams? Do you not think that our fans were happy to see Wheatley, Terry or B-Port on our predistrict schedule and El Campo taken off? Why...because we knew we wouldn't get better by rolling over those teams and avoiding a foe that could actually show our weaknesses. We got beat 3 times in district play and for that reason we got better. I understand that it's not Dayton's fault who's in their district just as it isn't our fault we face HISD in the 2nd round. I'll take the sprinkly thing back because I can see why it might stir the pot but the caliber of Dayton's foes is what it is...nothing more, nothing less. If you can't come to grips with those facts then I can't help that. I, like you no longer wish to discuss this matter any further so we'll agree to disagree. I have no time to be sensitive to your feelings as this is a bulletin boards that opponents discuss things about and if you cant stomach it then I don't know what to tell you? I don't care about people talking smack to me as long as it pertains to football because that's expected but when people turn it personal to the point where a moderator sees fit to remove it then that's crossing the line and that's what I have a problem with. Not that someone might say your team sucks or you're no good. Why, because I know the difference and don't let it get under my skin....you should try it?[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Jesus dude....that's three posts where you've talked about just letting it go and not playing tit-for-tat (which frankly is a wrong use because it involves strategy in game theory).  We're all still here....we've all wished you luck and said the better team won today.  Soft and sprinkly here in 19-4A.  That's what we are....

Does anyone really say "fella?"  My wife's hairdresser says that to my 2 year old....

[quote name="Scooter!" post="920755" timestamp="1290913401"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=76700.msg920744#msg920744 date=1290913215]
[/quote]i said earlier in the season LM was back, this wasnt a surprise to me, coulda went either way. LM is young and experienced, thats dangerous come playoff time. ask folks facing Aledo about that.
[/quote]

Scooter, this doesn't make any sense to me...throwing LM in the same sentence as Aledo?  LM (well deserving) is young and inexperienced and 4 rounds deep into the playoffs for the first time in a long time.  Aledo has got almost the same exact team from last year and is shooting for State Title #2...don't see the comparison.

[color=navy][b]It is a cupcake district this year is it not? Is HISD not a horrible district? You go right ahead and say whatever you please fella as that's your right just as it is mine as long as were not violating TOS. Sure, you didn't mind me posting scores as long as I said nada against any SETX team but the very minute I state my opinion and it plays out just as I said it would you get all bent out of shape. If you look further up my thread I stated that my own team LM wouldn't get much farther due to the discipline problem. I am a realist and I don't drink the Kool-Aid, not even for my own team so if you can't stand it then don't read my posts? [b][color=purple]I can't even imagine the posts that a [u]FEW[/u] over here would have made had the game went the other way [/color] [/b] but I don't even see those types around right about now. You go right ahead and come full force back at me if you want but the only thing I ask is to keep it to football eh? What might you say...well LM isn't gonna win state anyway? Go right ahead because I agree with you fully! Now, I'm trying to listen to the PNG/Manvel game so I'll be on my way. [/b][/color]
[/quote]
Guilty as charged ;D

[quote name="rollinac" post="920799" timestamp="1290914266"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76700.msg920738#msg920738 date=1290913007]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=76700.msg920689#msg920689 date=1290911197]
You didn't just "state your opinion", you threw the jab about the district and the scoring average. See, you just did it again and you don't realize it. Go listen the game "fella", my last words on the subject. When I say I don't do the tit-for-tat, I actually mean it.   ;)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]The scoring average Dayton has is a direct reflection of the opponents they beat up on primarily in district play correct? Doesn't mean Dayton is a bad team....it simply means the easy caliber of opponents they had during district didn't make it any easier for Dayton the further they progressed in the playoffs. How do you think you get prepared for stiffer competition...surely not by running over inferior teams? Do you not think that our fans were happy to see Wheatley, Terry or B-Port on our predistrict schedule and El Campo taken off? Why...because we knew we wouldn't get better by rolling over those teams and avoiding a foe that could actually show our weaknesses. We got beat 3 times in district play and for that reason we got better. I understand that it's not Dayton's fault who's in their district just as it isn't our fault we face HISD in the 2nd round. I'll take the sprinkly thing back because I can see why it might stir the pot but the caliber of Dayton's foes is what it is...nothing more, nothing less. If you can't come to grips with those facts then I can't help that. I, like you no longer wish to discuss this matter any further so we'll agree to disagree. I have no time to be sensitive to your feelings as this is a bulletin boards that opponents discuss things about and if you cant stomach it then I don't know what to tell you? I don't care about people talking smack to me as long as it pertains to football because that's expected but when people turn it personal to the point where a moderator sees fit to remove it then that's crossing the line and that's what I have a problem with. Not that someone might say your team sucks or you're no good. Why, because I know the difference and don't let it get under my skin....you should try it?[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Jesus dude....that's three posts where you've talked about just letting it go and not playing tit-for-tat (which frankly is a wrong use because it involves strategy in game theory).  We're all still here....we've all wished you luck and said the better team won today.  Soft and sprinkly here in 19-4A.  That's what we are....

Does anyone really say "fella?"  My wife's hairdresser says that to my 2 year old....
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I don't want anything from any of you nor did I ask for it. Jump right in....that's what I was told how things were over in the SETX when things don't go your way. We stated our position on how we thought 24-4A might all end up as the 4 regional finalists and some of you took your positions as expected. We have 2 of 4 with 1 pending still and that's the way the ball bounces. Now if I say we did pretty good is that gonna hurt your feelings too? I saw your posts prior to the game and didn't agree with them but you don't see me taunting you do you? No and why? Because that's your opinion and just because you were wrong doesn't give me the right to ridicule your opinion . Btw, if you wanna come at me feel free to do so but if you're gonna complain on what I talk about or how long I do it in my posts that have nothing to do with football then you're obviously grasping at straws. I can do this as long as you wanna respond so if you don't want a response then don't jump in heads first FELLA![/b][/color]

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="920837" timestamp="1290915229"]

[color=navy][b]It is a cupcake district this year is it not? Is HISD not a horrible district? You go right ahead and say whatever you please fella as that's your right just as it is mine as long as were not violating TOS. Sure, you didn't mind me posting scores as long as I said nada against any SETX team but the very minute I state my opinion and it plays out just as I said it would you get all bent out of shape. If you look further up my thread I stated that my own team LM wouldn't get much farther due to the discipline problem. I am a realist and I don't drink the Kool-Aid, not even for my own team so if you can't stand it then don't read my posts? [b][color=purple]I can't even imagine the posts that a [u]FEW[/u] over here would have made had the game went the other way [/color] [/b] but I don't even see those types around right about now. You go right ahead and come full force back at me if you want but the only thing I ask is to keep it to football eh? What might you say...well LM isn't gonna win state anyway? Go right ahead because I agree with you fully! Now, I'm trying to listen to the PNG/Manvel game so I'll be on my way. [/b][/color]
[/quote]
Guilty as charged ;D
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]You know what BRONX...I didn't really care for your style upon first meeting you but after realizing that it's your personality and you mean no harm you're ok with me![/b][/color]

[quote name="eagle65" post="920876" timestamp="1290915902"]
i think the QB played pretty well. [b] giving up 29 first downs is the problem[/b].  dayton had a great season, but met someone as good, and they got the breaks.
[/quote]
Thats because the D was on the field for 3 1/2 qrts. To hold LM to 23 pts was good. Scoring 3 was not.
Got plain outworked today. It happens ;D

[quote name="7mary3" post="920821" timestamp="1290914905"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=76700.msg920755#msg920755 date=1290913401]
[/quote]

Scooter, this doesn't make any sense to me...throwing LM in the same sentence as Aledo?  LM (well deserving) is young and inexperienced and 4 rounds deep into the playoffs for the first time in a long time.  Aledo has got almost the same exact team from last year and is shooting for State Title #2...don't see the comparison.
[/quote]LM is young and EXPERIENCED state title or not, they have played in the same amount of games if not more than the kids from Aledo. Games get you experience, they have it. theyre not your average JRs.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="920911" timestamp="1290916431"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=76700.msg920821#msg920821 date=1290914905]
[/quote]

[/quote]LM is young and EXPERIENCED state title or not, they have played in the same amount of games if not more than the kids from Aledo. Games get you experience, they have it. theyre not your average JRs.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]We lack leadership and discipline that hasn't been consistent nor instilled even to this day by the head Coogah...it will surely be our down fall! Off the top of my head our QB and RB started as Freshman on Varsity so they have the talent just not the guidance and handling of emotions when things start turning ugly.[/b][/color]

[quote name="Scooter!" post="920911" timestamp="1290916431"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=76700.msg920821#msg920821 date=1290914905]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Guess I'll just have to disagree and I really didn't see that today.

Should have been a closer game but Dayton just didnt play well today. Everybody has an off day and it sux that it happend in the playoffs but there were a few bright spots and plenty of dull ones. I thought Herrera played pretty well considering that the whole D line was in the backfield every play. He did miss a few throws but it happens. One thing that I have noticed earlier in the year and it bugs the heck out of me is the play of Gamal Fowler. If the ball is thrown to him he dont give 100% to get to it if its not a perfect throw. A reciever should at least put his arms out and dive for close balls. He had one land 3 feet infront of him without even putting his hands out. That has happend all year long.
Next year is going to be great for the Bronco's. If Herrera improves from his jr to sr year, the way that he improved from soph to jr then we will be a top 5 team in the state.
LM has better athletes, size and depth. Good luck in next week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder