17, 18, 19, & 20...Don't Let It Happen!!!

Hawkeye

I'm sure everyone realizes that there is chance for an all 24-4A regional finals. Humble, Dayton, Montgomery, and PNG cannot let that happen! I would imagine most people agree that 24-4A, top to bottom, is definitely the toughest 4A district in region 3, but that certainly doesn't mean there aren't some other teams in the area that can knock 'em out.

Of the four games this coming weekend, who has the best chances?

I'm predicting a 2-2 split. Humble, and Dayton (of course  ;))

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Matt" post="916858" timestamp="1290474415"]
Those games that 24-4a played last week, shouldn't even count as games, those Houston teams SUCK
[/quote]

You may be right, but it doesn't change the fact that FW, Dawson, Manvel and La Marque are very good teams that have to reckoned with.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="916888" timestamp="1290475871"]
I know one thats gonna be lacin up their high tops ;D [b]LA MARQUE[/b]

[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Basketball seasons already started up and we're quite pleased with our # 2 State ranking so your point is? Please tell me you have something better than thump, thump, thump?[/b][/color]

I wonder if this has ever happened.  Since the UIL went to 4 teams in the 4A and 5A playoffs, has a district sent four teams into the quarterfinals?  Total domination if that were to happen.
If I had to rate the games in which 24-4A would lose...
#1 Dayton over Lamarque  (Dayton is firing on all cylinders)
#2 PN-G over Manvel (Speed of the game might overwhelm the Indians, if PN-G stays close going into the 4th quarter, it will be a toss up)
#3 Humble over Friendswood (Humble might be the best team playing 24-4A this week, but Friendswood is the best from 24-4A)
#4 Montgomery over Dawson (I see Dawson taking this one, if Dobbins has a good game, it will be good news for Montgomery).
Should be four great games.

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="916910" timestamp="1290477640"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76495.msg916888#msg916888 date=1290475871]

[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Basketball seasons already started up and we're quite pleased with our # 2 State ranking so your point is? Please tell me you have something better than thump, thump, thump?[/b][/color]
[/quote] What message board does LaMarque fans post on ?[color=blue][size=12pt][/size][/color]

[quote name="jayhawk" post="916918" timestamp="1290477972"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76495.msg916910#msg916910 date=1290477640]

[/quote]

[/quote] What message board does LaMarque fans post on ?[color=blue][size=12pt][/size][/color]
[/quote] Is it a secret ?

[color=navy][b]No it's not a secret and what's up with you people on this board anyway? As long as no-one says anything against what your opinions are you're happy go-lucky but the minute someone says something [u][color=red]SOME[/color][/u] of you folks think can't possibly ring true you guys fly off the handle? Now I know why a classic poster and fellow fan of mine @ LM "C4L" stopped posting over here. He always did say you guys were a fickle bunch and now I'm starting to see that [u][color=red]SOME [/color][/u]of you folks are. Our website is [url=http://censored]LM's Cougar's Den[/url] but you won't find some of the silliness and the "we drank the Kool-Aid," homer kind of posts over there. Sure, we can go back and forth with the best of them but we prefer facts and not speculation, sayings or whatever whacky kind of things I've seen here to decide the outcome of football games.[/b][/color]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Good then the rest of the kids wont have trouble catching up after SAT ;D

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="917022" timestamp="1290482620"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Hate to disappoint you fella but it matters not who wins Sat. in the big picture of things. Neither will win a State Championship in football either way it goes. I know..."we believe" or whatever but that don't really mean diddly squat. Just like our "5 Rings" mean nothing, no way and no how.[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="917010" timestamp="1290482267"]
[color=navy][b]No it's not a secret and what's up with you people on this board anyway? As long as no-one says anything thing against what your opinions are you're happy go-lucky but the minute someone says something [u][color=red]SOME[/color][/u] of you folks think can't possibly ring true you guys fly off the handle? Now I know why a classic poster and fellow fan of mine @ LM "C4L" stopped posting over here. He always did say you guys were a fickle bunch and now I'm starting to see that [u][color=red]SOME [/color][/u]of you folks are. Our website is [url=http://censored]LM's Cougar's Den[/url] but you won't find some of the silliness and the "we drank the Kool-Aid," homer kind of posts over there. Sure, we can go back and forth with the best of them but we prefer facts and not speculation, sayings or whatever whacky kind of things I've seen here to decide the outcome of football games.[/b][/color]
[/quote] This is a big board with many posters from many schools odds are your bound to cover the whole spectrum of BS from A to Z thats just the nature of the beast . Most of it is all in fun although some get carried away from time to time it all comes out in the wash. Glad to have you and your LM friends posting here and in the mean time put your hip waders on and enjoy the ride tell Saturday anyway ! ;)

[quote name="jayhawk" post="917118" timestamp="1290493238"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76495.msg917010#msg917010 date=1290482267]
[color=navy][b]No it's not a secret and what's up with you people on this board anyway? As long as no-one says anything thing against what your opinions are you're happy go-lucky but the minute someone says something [u][color=red]SOME[/color][/u] of you folks think can't possibly ring true you guys fly off the handle? Now I know why a classic poster and fellow fan of mine @ LM "C4L" stopped posting over here. He always did say you guys were a fickle bunch and now I'm starting to see that [u][color=red]SOME [/color][/u]of you folks are. Our website is [url=http://censored]LM's Cougar's Den[/url] but you won't find some of the silliness and the "we drank the Kool-Aid," homer kind of posts over there. Sure, we can go back and forth with the best of them but we prefer facts and not speculation, sayings or whatever whacky kind of things I've seen here to decide the outcome of football games.[/b][/color]
[/quote] This is a big board with many posters from many schools odds are your bound to cover the whole spectrum of BS from A to Z thats just the nature of the beast . Most of it is all in fun although some get carried away from time to time it all comes out in the wash. Glad to have you and your LM friends posting here and in the mean time put your hip waders on and enjoy the ride tell Saturday anyway ! ;)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Cool beans...thanks for the heads up but it gets to be a bit ridiculous especially when one of the posters here on another thread started ridiculing a LM posters grammar? I mean really...that is pretty petty and classless and has no business being posted on any bulletin board. BTW, If you try and click on the link I gave you it won't work. I think one of the owners of this board and our board had a falling out previously so the link I posted is censored and won't work from with-in this website. You can shoot me a message with your email and I'll gladly send you the link if you're still interested?[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="917031" timestamp="1290483226"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76495.msg917022#msg917022 date=1290482620]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Hate to disappoint you fella but it matters not who wins Sat. in the big picture of things. Neither will win a State Championship in football either way it goes. I know..."we believe" or whatever but that don't really mean diddly squat. Just like our "5 Rings" mean nothing, no way and no how.[/b][/color]
[/quote]
REALLY ???If thats the case why even play ??? Why even post about the teams / game if it doesnt matter ??? Luv your spirit xlmcoog and hope the rest of the teams have the same attitude because I know one team that has the makings to give any team in the state trouble. ;)

[color=navy][b]No it's not a secret and what's up with you people on this board anyway? As long as no-one says anything against what your opinions are you're happy go-lucky but the minute someone says something [u][color=red]SOME[/color][/u] of you folks think can't possibly ring true you guys fly off the handle? Now I know why a classic poster and fellow fan of mine @ LM "C4L" stopped posting over here. He always did say you guys were a fickle bunch and now I'm starting to see that [u][color=red]SOME [/color][/u]of you folks are. Our website is [url=http://censored]LM's Cougar's Den[/url] but you won't find some of the silliness and the "we drank the Kool-Aid," homer kind of posts over there. Sure, we can go back and forth with the best of them but we prefer facts and not speculation, sayings or whatever whacky kind of things I've seen here to decide the outcome of football games.[/b][/color]
[/quote] Well Dayton DID come in second on the most obnoxious poster poll... Guess its a good thing your not playing PNG this Saturday. You really would be fuming over their post, cause they came in 1st on that poll.  ;D By the way what does that BIG ole boy on your team, parents feed him? He is HUGH! :o

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ignore him, all he does is try to rile others up - he adds no value to the forum!!

[/quote]

Welcome to SETX. All boards have extremists, but no board, college , pro or high school that I am on, beats SETX for the lows. There are some great folks on this board. But the lows are extremely classless and add no real value to the board. I have taken the bait several times, but try to ignore the lows and have good talks with the normal folks! And there are plenty of them on here! Just look at that Smitty guy go on and on about he DC for Nederland, he should have been banned months ago mods!

Folks - LaMarque and FW have been heated rivals for years, but no fan base has more overall class than LM - xlmcoogs is a good guy!

I miss Nederland playing LaMarque, 4 times in 02 and 03, even though we lost , they were fun to play. They where the old Miami Hurricanes of high school football, cocky and confident, but there was alway's mutual respect between players and fans. This should be a good game between Dayton and LaMarque, glad to see LaMarque back in the hunt.

[quote name="octfeb" post="917148" timestamp="1290519495"]
[/quote] Well Dayton DID come in second on the most obnoxious poster poll... Guess its a good thing your not playing PNG this Saturday. You really would be fuming over their post, cause they came in 1st on that poll.  ;D By the way what does that BIG ole boy on your team, parents feed him? He is HUGH! :o
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Which one? If you're talking about Antonio Wright he's pretty massive and for his size he can move very well. Recognize the last name...ring a bell? [/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="917031" timestamp="1290483226"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
So I guess you call this post value ??? Nobody has a chance to win state so the game doesnt matter :'(NOW THATS VALUE ;D

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="917140" timestamp="1290516624"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76495.msg917031#msg917031 date=1290483226]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
REALLY ???If thats the case why even play ??? Why even post about the teams / game if it doesnt matter ??? Luv your spirit xlmcoog and hope the rest of the teams have the same attitude because I know one team that has the makings to give any team in the state trouble. ;)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Well sorry to come off as a stick in the mud fella but I'm a realist and I don't sugar coat anything even if it's to the disadvantage of my own team. We simply are one of the bottom 2 regions and those other 2 have well oiled machines that are all about business. It is what is. I mean if you have something to convince me that Aledo, Stephenville or Alamo Heights aren't the better teams I'd be more than happy to read it with an open mind?[/b][/color]

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="917401" timestamp="1290541839"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
So I guess you call this post value ??? Nobody has a chance to win state so the game doesnt matter :'(NOW THATS VALUE ;D
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I'm not here to please anyone by making what you consider a "value" post and from some of the nonsense you post on this board who's the pot calling the kettle black? Besides, I've posted 24-4A scoreboards I update in real-time on this board all season long including the playoffs so there's your "value" posts fella...are you happy now?[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="917395" timestamp="1290541205"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=76495.msg917148#msg917148 date=1290519495]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Which one? If you're talking about Antonio Wright he's pretty massive and for his size he can move very well. Recognize the last name...ring a bell? [/b][/color]
[/quote][b]Recognize the last name...ring a bell? [/b] Thats not a trick question is it? Cause the only Wright I know is D Wright on the Broncos. Is that the one you would be referring to? Oh and just in case its not, let me give you a heads up, i'm not as savvy as everyone else on here. ;) And the one I was talking about was # 56 him a big fella.

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="917406" timestamp="1290542206"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76495.msg917140#msg917140 date=1290516624]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Well sorry to come off as a stick in the mud fella but I'm a realist and I don't sugar coat anything even if it's to the disadvantage of my own team. We simply are one of the bottom 2 regions and those other 2 have well oiled machines that are all about business. It is what is. I mean if you have something to convince me that Aledo, Stephenville or Alamo Heights aren't the better teams I'd be more than happy to read it with an open mind?[/b][/color]
[/quote]
Thats why they play the games  ;) The best team doesnt always win and a couple of mistakes makes a bad team look good. Do I think DAYTON is the most talented team in the state ??? No........Do I think the kids on the team are the hardest working and have something that stats dont show ??? YES its called HEART..........So I'll take my "dont have a chance" team againt any "well oiled machine" anyday and if it ends SAT then so be it. Thats as "real" as I can get ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124