WEST BROOK VS. PEARLAND BROADCAST/Pearland wins 51-22

WOSgrad

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in the 2 weeks that the 5A playoffs have been doing on, many folks who have talked about the powerhouses in 5A have for some reason failed to mention Pearland in that group.  I think that they served a painful example today that they SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED!  This was not a situation where Pearland managed to skate by feasting on Bruin mistakes.  The Oilers just lined up and executed their game plan with great precision, no matter what Coach Stump threw at them.  For that they deserve our respect for that.....I know they have mine!

Pearland keeps a RB in D1 college ball and they impressed me when JC and company beat them in the 2nd round back in '03.  Mostly people with the attention span of an amoeba can't remember or don't simply know what a  great program Pearland has become over the last 10 years....

They beat us in every phase of the game.  They had Reyes confused in the passing game.  Some of his sacks were not due to line play, but due to holding the ball way too long, although it didn't help missing a starter up there.  Our Defense held up against the run in the first half, but they hit big passes out of 3rd and long.  Pearland had a much better kicking game and we could not get pressure on their QB.  I'll blame this partly on the fact that one DE was on the sideline injured and another suffered an apparent ankle sprain early on and became a non factor on passing plays.

We did get big hits on their star running back, but he bounced right up after most of them.  I wasn't around during the lean years at Brook, but this was the worst loss I have seen. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="914740" timestamp="1290295418"]
Well, in the 2 weeks that the 5A playoffs have been doing on, many folks who have talked about the powerhouses in 5A have for some reason failed to mention Pearland in that group.  I think that they served a painful example today that they SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED!  This was not a situation where Pearland managed to skate by feasting on Bruin mistakes.  The Oilers just lined up and executed their game plan with great precision, no matter what Coach Stump threw at them.  For that they deserve our respect for that.....I know they have mine!
[/quote]Well said..I agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder