Kirbyville vs Coldsprings Fri 6:00pm Umphrey Stadium Lamar University!

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="917673" timestamp="1290564349"]
Right on dude, how many points has K'ville given up the last 2 playoff games to teams with a combined 13-10 record? 55. CS will score some points too. More than K'ville.
[/quote] How many times has Kville whooped Coldspring??? You guys are begining to sound like the Arp Tigers fans. Yes yall have a good team this year, but i wouldn't compare playoffs scores especially when you only got six against our defense already this year. See ya Friday!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting first 16 pages....Obviously, Kirbyville is a good team...I was at the first meeting this year between Coldspring and Kirbyville and I didn't leave the game with the feeling that Kirbyville was head and shoulders above Coldspring as many on this thread seem to think...I can't speak on how Kirbyville is different or better from the first meeting this year, however, I can speak to a few things that have certainly changed for Coldspring since the opening week loss to Kirbyville....

A couple of key players were noticebly absent for the first 3-4 games of the year for Coldspring....Running back Sherman Gilbert (who will be the fastest player on the field come this friday) and linebacker Evan Freed (very fundamentally sound and not prone to mistakes) did not play due to injuries...

Having a healthy Gilbert brings a whole new dimension to the Coldspring offense...He's a serious threat from the running back and/or receiver position to take it the distance on any play....That homerun ability puts added stress on a defense to not make mistakes as one missed assignment or tackle can result in a TD instead of 10-15 yard gain...

Linebacker play in the first game wasn't anything to write home about...Freed does a much better job of fitting his gaps and playing tough, assignment football....He might not be flashy but he's usually in the right spot and making a tackle when he's supposed to...

Another aspect that has been mentioned is the QB postition....Coldspring was breaking in a new sophomore QB....Needless to say he's a much more relaxed and confident player than he was in week 0....I actually came away from the first game against Kirbyville wondering if we would have the type of QB play that we'd come accustomed to during the last 3 years with Chad Allen (who's now playing at Lamar as a true freshmen)...Several poeple who had seen both kids grow up playing ball told me that Scott would be ok and even possibly better than Allen...I initially found that hard to believe but he's certainly grown into the postion as the season has wore on...

The first meeting was a very close ballgame...It was tied at 6 at halftime and if I remember correctly it was a 1 score game until midway or so into the 4th qtr...It wasn't a dominant performance by Kirbyville that I get the sense that most are acting like it was...I'm sure the Kirbyville coaches know what they're up against and are probably far more concerned than most Kirbyville fans on this board are...

Coldspring has been opening up the passing game more the last few games and I was happy to see it because you can't just run it at good defenses (come playoff time) down after down without some type of passing game....Is it as good as I'd like it to be?  No, but it has produced some big plays over the last couple of weeks....

Both teams know each other well and it'll just come down to the same thing that all games do....execution or the lack thereof....I think Coldspring will be much more explosive this time around and unless Kirbyville has got alot better or developed another big time threat other than Ford it will be a win for Coldspring...

I'm thinking it'll be a 10-14 pt win for Coldspring....I'm thinking something in the 35-21 range...

[quote name="kvillecats9876" post="917906" timestamp="1290576208"]
LMAO!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Wait til u look stupid friday..
Coldspring will get put in it's place. 'jus sayin'
[/quote]

So if I'm wrong about the score and/or winning team I'll look stupid?  That in and of itself is laughable...It's a simple prediction based on watching both teams play each other in week zero and watching each and every one of Coldsprings games since then....It could go either way...I never said Kirbyville wasn't able to beat Coldspring...I simply stated I thought Coldspring would win this time around...At least I gave some reasons as to why...What is your assumption of victory based on other than pure hubris? 

Stupid was harsh. I apologize for that.

And easily enough I think kirbyville has a better defense. A better offense. Better runningbacks. And most importantly are a driven group of kids who went to two state title games in the past two years. Think there will be a td lead for kirbyville at the half and the game to end around 37-23. Kirbyville. I won't post any more this week tho ... I'll just wait for friday.

Again. Sorry about that comment ^^^^^

[quote name="MEM" post="917888" timestamp="1290574641"]
Interesting first 16 pages....Obviously, Kirbyville is a good team...I was at the first meeting this year between Coldspring and Kirbyville and I didn't leave the game with the feeling that Kirbyville was head and shoulders above Coldspring as many on this thread seem to think...I can't speak on how Kirbyville is different or better from the first meeting this year, however, I can speak to a few things that have certainly changed for Coldspring since the opening week loss to Kirbyville....

A couple of key players were noticebly absent for the first 3-4 games of the year for Coldspring....Running back Sherman Gilbert (who will be the fastest player on the field come this friday) and linebacker Evan Freed (very fundamentally sound and not prone to mistakes) did not play due to injuries...

Having a healthy Gilbert brings a whole new dimension to the Coldspring offense...He's a serious threat from the running back and/or receiver position to take it the distance on any play....That homerun ability puts added stress on a defense to not make mistakes as one missed assignment or tackle can result in a TD instead of 10-15 yard gain...

Linebacker play in the first game wasn't anything to write home about...Freed does a much better job of fitting his gaps and playing tough, assignment football....He might not be flashy but he's usually in the right spot and making a tackle when he's supposed to...

Another aspect that has been mentioned is the QB postition....Coldspring was breaking in a new sophomore QB....Needless to say he's a much more relaxed and confident player than he was in week 0....I actually came away from the first game against Kirbyville wondering if we would have the type of QB play that we'd come accustomed to during the last 3 years with Chad Allen (who's now playing at Lamar as a true freshmen)...Several poeple who had seen both kids grow up playing ball told me that Scott would be ok and even possibly better than Allen...I initially found that hard to believe but he's certainly grown into the postion as the season has wore on...

[/quote]

Kirbyville also had key players out...Ervine and a CB and a lineman... ;)

Thes two teams have both done very well this year and I think the first match up has little to do with Fridays game. CS really wants to win a rematch and proove themselves which can be a phycological edge but Kville has already beat this team so they have the same frame of mind. Both teams have to win or go home so the "we have to win this one "  idea of either team wanting it more is out the window. Both teams want it bad. Both teams have had some high scoring impresive wins and both have key players that can make you pay for any mistakes that you make. I think it will come down to experience and execution. There is no doubt that CS is good but the Cats have been down this road more than once. The blowouts dont mean as much as the hard fought wins (and losses). Football is a team sport and the Wildcats are a true Team. People like to say things like "Ford and Company" but they are far from that. I am not saying that they cant be beat. I am saying that no matter what is thrown at them they are going to come together as a team, step up and make their opponant earn every inch. 

like i stated earleir 42-21 KV...I don't think you CS people realize that we only ran about 5 different plays all night long and only did what I felt like was just enough to win the game that night.  I believe alot of KV fans were pointing that out the very next day on here.  Most people felt like alvarez didnt even bring the play book and just picked a couple of plays and ran them out of different formations.  hate to say it but the ya'll are on the chopping block and we are bringing the axe!

I don't believe Coldspring ran their full array of plays either. From what I rememeber in highschool that is how most teams do it though.  We started the season off with a very basic package and developed from their.  By the time the playoffs came around and even deep in the playoffs the playbook kept growing ans was rather large.  I'm pretty sure this is about the same way it has been for both teams. Coldspring has some very big self inflicted mistakes in that first game that really prevented us from winning the game.  In my opinion we should have won that game.  This is going to be a very tough game and I think we will have fixed our mistakes and win this one 22-20.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="918407" timestamp="1290649269"]
I don't believe Coldspring ran their full array of plays either. From what I rememeber in highschool that is how most teams do it though.  We started the season off with a very basic package and developed from their.  By the time the playoffs came around and even deep in the playoffs the playbook kept growing ans was rather large.  I'm pretty sure this is about the same way it has been for both teams. Coldspring has some very big self inflicted mistakes in that first game that really prevented us from winning the game.  In my opinion we should have won that game.  This is going to be a very tough game and I think we will have fixed our mistakes and win this one 22-20.
[/quote]

Coldspring is going to have throw the ball with success and not just on 3rd & long to win the game, IMO.  One dimensional offenses have much tougher times deeper in the playoffs.  You have to be able to soften up a defense to keep the other team honest.  IF they ran the spread it would be much different but from week 0 to Rd 3 in the playoffs Kirbyville has refined their offense more than CS.

[quote name="Kville99" post="918253" timestamp="1290638185"]
like i stated earleir 42-21 KV...I don't think you CS people realize that we only ran about 5 different plays all night long and only did what I felt like was just enough to win the game that night.  I believe alot of KV fans were pointing that out the very next day on here.  Most people felt like alvarez didnt even bring the play book and just picked a couple of plays and ran them out of different formations.  hate to say it but the ya'll are on the chopping block and we are bringing the axe!
[/quote]

BRING IT NUMNUTS, YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw