East Chambers vs. McGregor Game Thread/EC Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

EC looked a little stale in the first half last night. Appeared to run some new formations and just couldn't get timing down. Had some good drives that stalled deep in McGregor territory and a punt return for a TD called back due to a penalty. Just couldn't get points on the board. But just like the rest of this season the Bucs never quit and found a way to win. It 's hasn't been pretty this year but it has been successful.
Go Bucs

Guest ECBucFan
Resilient. Best word to describe the Bucs! The final score is a 21-14 EC win, but realistically this could/should have been a 28-7 or even a 35-7 EC win. I never post complaints against refereeing here because I know "bad calls" are simply a part of the game, but it was flat out ridiculous how one sided the calls or lack of calls ALL went against EC.

Early in the game, EC was pinned back deep facing a 3rd and long. Roberts made a great run but was stopped just short of a first down - by a blatant facemask - that everybody in the stadium saw [i]except the whole officiating crew[/i]...no call... EC had to punt.

Later Roberts took a McGregor punt 50 yards for an opening EC TD...[i]called back. [/i]

McGregor drove down the field, and on a 3rd down threw the ball into the endzone. McGregors receiver blatantly shoved away the EC defender, then made the catch. [i]No call[/i]. And so on.

How many times has a team gone the entire game WITHOUT A SINGLE PENALTY? Well, if I am not mistaken, McGregor did Friday night. The officiating crew threw EVERY flag against EC, and ZERO against McGregor! I have never witnessed that before.  

OK, it was terrible, but rant over. Bottom line was EC overcome [u][b]all 16[/b][/u] of the Mcgregor players, and came away with a great WIN! It was a total team effort, but the star was Adam Davis. Adam caught a Jones TD pass on a slant pattern and out ran the McGregor defender for an EC TD. Davis knocked down a number of McGregor passes, and also caught from behind a McGregor receiver that had broken away stopping a sure TD.

Great game by all the Bucs. EC overcame a lot and emerged with the WIN. BUCS MOVE ON!  ;D    

congrats on your win. you are the last 10 aa team still standing. This coming week just do your best, Cameron is as good of a team
as Daingerfield was last year. I thought we played them fairly good this week. They were just a tremendously good passing team
and we were just out classed. They were bigger,as fast, and stronger which meant trouble for us. Just do your best and represent our district well. GOOD LUCK!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="914240" timestamp="1290266380"]
How many times has a team gone the entire game WITHOUT A SINGLE PENALTY?  
[/quote]

I am over being PO'ed at the refs  ;D , but I am now just curious; has anyone seen a HS game with one team [u]never[/u] penalized? In all my years of watching, I cannot remember even one. Have I just missed this? Does anyone remember games without even a [i]single[/i] flag against one team?

BTW, EC stopped McGregors running game cold, so McGregor then threw a lot. They didn't even have ONE holding call...   :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder