Nederland 15 LC-M 12 Final/Comments

LCM, I know you guys wanted this win bad and it showed.

Here is my take... LCM has the best defense we have seen in the district this year... We could not throw on you due to excellent coverage and it was tough to run when YOU knew we could not throw. Marvelous Driver is a PHENOMENAL defensive player.

Now here is why we won.. I could see it happening as it developed. Micah was getting a little freaked and he could see the game slipping away late in the 3rd. I have never seen him visibly aggitated before but he was pacing and extremely riled up on the sidelines and on the field on defense. You could see that he just flat out made up his mind that he was going help his team move the ball or die trying.. He came out with an intensity that I have never seen from him. The TEAM played great, but this Bulldog teamed has not played with heart to amount to much all year... In the 4th quarter things got really real for them as they saw their chances at not only a win but the playoffs slipping away. Everyone stepped it up defensively and offensively.

You see the thing that you guys at LCM cannot see is that our defense has played HORRIBLY all year. Tonite they played incredibly well for them.. They stayed in position and managed the flow of each play very well. They did not let receivers get away from them and they strung out the outside runs very well. They covered passes well..

Now as far as the refs,,,, oh yeah they stunk up the place but they did not cost you the game. You did not make any mistakes to cost you the game except 1 dropped pass. We were begging to be beating due to fumbles and foolish playcalling but your offense just did not put it away. That was becauase our defense played well not because your offense did not.

You guys scare me and you have a great coach... You are a force to be reckoned with in the district and have my utmost respect as a football team. No question there is a lot of hard work and heart over in Bear Country...

Very cool scoreboard and sound system by the way.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who let those dogs out??!!

Hey guys, great game... LC-M showed a lot of heart tonight and I know it had to hurt bad to lose that game... Congrats on the effort... oh and if someone wants to blame this loss on the refs... then you are the sorest loser ever... How about LC-M not getting called for Pass Intereference.... How about THE CLOCKKEEPER TRYING TO CHEAT AND LET LCM HAVE A FREE PLAY?????? and apparently the LC-M receivers can run 25 yard routes in 1.7 seconds...... amazing....

Great game... Dogs look to be making another playoff trip this year... glad it was a Mid-County Team

Guest 1motime

Good luck in the playoffs. I just don't see nederland going far in the playoffs. Congrats on the win.

Thanks I think !!!!! you could have the left the playoff part off

I think I have this playoff race figured out from Nederland's point of view. IF the Dogs can beat Lumberton two weeks from now (in Bulldog Stadium), then the only thing that stops Nederland is back-to-back upsets by PN-G over Central and Dayton.

Assuming (I know, never assume) that Nederland beats Lumberton, then the Bulldogs would end up no worse than 4-3. If LC-M wins out against Lumberton and Vidor, they end up at 4-3. If PN-G pulls off one upset, they end up 4-3. If all three teams end up tied, Nederland would go because in head-to-head play between Nederland/PN-G/LC-M, they would have beaten both teams they are tied with.

You nailed it. IF PNG wins out and Nederland wins out, then PNG, Ned, Central would be in a tie for 2/3. Nederland would be in pretty bad shape in that scenario due to even head to head and a -18 in the central game. So you pretty much nailed Nederland's shot at the playoffs, it's not all in their hands, but it's pretty close.

LCM Volleyball, you are by far the worst fan i have ever seen in a forum... You Basically told everyone that Ned. Dogs are guaranteed in the playoffs. And you said this by not taking it in to mind on who plays who in the next two weeks. You obviously dont think that The Bears can pull through with the next two wins against Lumb. and Vidor. And Nederland still has to play Dayton..... Think about the odds, not just on who won the game tonight....

Great game! LC-M impressed me on defense, not so much on offense.. Great atmosphere at that game.. Very unfortunate that the WR dropped that pass that would have probably given LC-M the game or close to it. When you have a team down, you gotta apply the knockout punch and LC-M failed to do so.. How about that Micah Mosely? Does that kid have heart or what?!?!?

Great game! My hats off to the bulldogs. Calls did not determine the game the bears just did not make the plays when they had the chance and the dogs did. Just growing pains you go through to become a successful program. Great game by all the kids on both teams. (neat scoreboard huh) Good luck to both from here on out.

Scoreboard is very neat.. Also, even though it is annoying at times, the growling bear is cool too.. And, I like the way the announcer gets the fans involved.. Very glad to escape this game with a win.. Y'all probably feel about like we did when we let the Vidor game slip away.. Tough one to lose.. I thought both defenses did a wonderful job. Good luck to the Bears the rest of the way.

Wow! What a game tonight! Happy Birthday Coach Neumann! Congrats to Coach Neumann and his players on the big win. Who would have thought this would have turned out to be a defensive battle? The defense is coming around. I did have one observation about the scoreboard though. I thought it looked great, but playing it so loudly and often when the other team is on offense was a little much. I thought it was a slap in the face to the LC-M band. Did they ever get to play? By the way, I believe it is against UIL rules to use it in the way they did. Overall, great job boys! Keep working hard!

LCM Volleyball' date=' you are by far the worst fan i have ever seen in a forum... You Basically told everyone that Ned. Dogs are guaranteed in the playoffs. And you said this by not taking it in to mind on who plays who in the next two weeks. You obviously dont think that The Bears can pull through with the next two wins against Lumb. and Vidor. And Nederland still has to play Dayton..... Think about the odds, not just on who won the game tonight....[/quote']

Well look at the facts... even if you win out, You will need Nederland to lose both of their games... If Nederland loses to Dayton, all that needs to happen is PNG losing one game.. (they still have to play Central and Dayton)...so sorry BOJO

Another thing... I am almost certain that UIL does put restrictions on PA systems during plays... And I am almost certain LC-M violated those rules.... Too bad it didnt help them win... nor did their hometown timekeeper who thought it would be convenient to give LC-M extra time and run a free play with no time off the clock....

Guest LCM Volleyball

Took Mr. Mosley a while to get going didn't it?????? That's what i thought! You thought he would just run all over LCM didn't you? Didn't happen. How many yards did he have at halftime? Dayton will kill ya'll next week and if you do make the playoffs it will be a 1st or 3nd round exit.

8) Sounds Like This Nederland/LC-M Game was a better game than some people thought it would be. I have been going to the LC-M Football Games since I moved here a few years back and lets be honest there really hasn't been much to cheer about. Things are starting to turn around at LC-M and the fans have something to be excited about and have a since of pride in their team, but with that being said, we have to keep in mind that Respect is earned not given, and I think Coach Moody and his staff will get that respect in the next few years.

Something else. I cannot remember in the Neumann era being in a situation where were are shutout, let alone behind significantly going into the 4th quarter and then actually pulling off a come from behind to win ESPECIALLY when it a "do or your seasons over" situation. If we get behind and have to deal with the clock, normally we lose. Jake 94 and I were sitting together talking about this fact late in the game, and frankly I don't think either of us were expecting it to happen... It felt good to be in that situation and see the kids succeed and I know how hard it was for LCM to deal with because we have been there before and in even bigger situations ie Bay City in 1998 and 2000. Last night was one of the sweetest moments in Bulldog football history as far as I am concerned. Hats off to LCM for TREMENDOUS improvement and a great new staff. This is not the last time LCM and Nederland will be battling for a spot in the playoffs. You guys have a LOT to look forward to and I hope you guys get back in the playoffs soon, just as long as the Dogs go with you. Now we have to face Dayton and get up for the Lumberton game.

Dayton has the advantage no doubt, but seeing that Central contained them and seeing a dramatic improvement in our defense last night we just miiiiiiiight have a chance but we wont get our hopes up...

Lumberton worries me.. With Ozen beating them and everyone thinking Ozen stinks this year, I PRAY that the Dogs do not overlook the Raiders. They are every bit as formidable as LCM, we better be ready to play some serious football for the next two weeks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder