Nederland Next Year

9Doggies

Should be exciting watching the defense continue to improve with several starters coming back.  Offense will steadily improve through the season.  Two runnings, QB with some experience, two O-Linemen. Will need some receivers to develop.  If they stay healthy then we should expect a good season.

Look for the D to be pretty stout with 9 returners...O does have a few returners with some experience, but basically the entire receiving corp. will have to be replaced and 3 OL spots that need to be filled...the key will be replacing some quality senior leadership that existed on this years team...plenty of capable replacements...curious to see who steps up...overall, I think the Dogs will be very solid next year...the Dogs will have close to 30 returning players from this years team...the JV should have a few contributers move up and this years freshman team went undefeated and has some athletes that can help next season as well

Next year Nederland prediction: Two quaterbacks, a RB and half the defense injured before the first game. 3rd string quarterack gets hurt in the week zero blowout at WO-S. Neuman brings up a junior high quarterback from C.O. Wilson that sets passing records and is lauded until they lose again at Mid-County Madness. Nederland goes on a winning tear and makes the playoffs. Finally beats whoever-they-play from 19-4A.

[i][b]Just picking![/b][/i] Nederland, as always, will be a force in 20-4A and will be a playoff contender.

[quote name="shovelhead" post="910837" timestamp="1289941724"]
Next year Nederland prediction: Two quaterbacks, a RB and half the defense injured before the first game. 3rd string quarterack gets hurt in the week zero blowout at WO-S. Neuman brings up a junior high quarterback from C.O. Wilson that sets passing records and is lauded until they lose again at Mid-County Madness. Nederland goes on a winning tear and makes the playoffs. Finally beats whoever-they-play from 19-4A.

[i][b]Just picking![/b][/i] Nederland, as always, will be a force in 20-4A and will be a playoff contender.
[/quote]
I new you were picking when you stated the CO Wilson QB will move up and set records ;D I know he is dreaming about that though

I'm a Nederland fan every week but one.  ;D 
Nederland has sure had some hard luck these last couple of years. As indnfan pointed out, without those critical injuries, I'm sure things would be much different. Honestly, I look for the bad luck streak to end and for Nederland to come out the gate strong. It is somewhat amazing what those kids have accomplished with the setbacks they have faced. I see a tough district contender next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder