Plano Elite College Showcase

mjones830

[quote name="Slimpickens" post="909887" timestamp="1289852749"]
Pretty open statement there MJ, how did the local teams fair? Understand that there was 120 teams there. Did the Weather hold out okay for the Toury?
[/quote]

Crush (Harrell) girls played great ball this weekend, maybe some of the best ball I've seen them play so far.  The pitching staff gave up three runs total and the offense crushed the ball against some very good teams.  

Orange Crush (Harrell) 10 – S.A. Cougars 0
Orange Crush (Harrell) 3 – Alvin No Fears Gold 0
Orange Crush (Harrell) 4 – LaPorte Storm Gold 1
Orange Crush (Harrell) 10 -  Texas Attack 2

The only problem, unless you were playing at the main field, (Heritage Yards) no college coaches really knew where the girls were playing.  Had one College coach show up at our field, only because she seen softball being played, pulled out her schedule and it showed that no games were suppose to be played at the complex, she immediately called her boss  and told him that she found another field where they were playing softball.  

Another coach found us, because his daughter’s team was moved to the complex as well, having two of our girls signed to his program already, he watched our game and was really thrilled with the Crush program and was further please with three juniors on the team.  So it wasn’t a total bust for us, but it would have been nice for the coaches to know where the girls were playing, especially when a team pays $500 or $600 to enter.

Some teams were trimmed down from 5 games to three and four games only, one team I spoke with from Austin, only had two games for the weekend.  Luckily enough they were able to gain two more for the weekend.

[quote name="CRUSHCOACH" post="909904" timestamp="1289853553"]
Weather ended up being fairly nice. Maybe a little cold but not bad.

[glow=red,2,300][size=18pt]Big CONGRATS to B. Moore from PNG she hit her first Homerun this past weekend [/size] !!!![/glow]
[/quote]

It was one of them WOW shots.  ;D

[quote name="mj-7" post="909953" timestamp="1289857541"]
[quote author=Slimpickens link=topic=76146.msg909887#msg909887 date=1289852749]
Pretty open statement there MJ, how did the local teams fair? Understand that there was 120 teams there. Did the Weather hold out okay for the Toury?
[/quote]

Crush (Harrell) girls played great ball this weekend, maybe some of the best ball I've seen them play so far.  The pitching staff gave up three runs total and the offense crushed the ball against some very good teams.  

The only problem, unless you were playing at the main field, (Heritage Yards) no college coaches really knew where the girls were playing.  Had one College coach show up at our field, only because she seen softball being played, pulled out her schedule and it showed that no games were suppose to be played at the complex, she immediately called her boss  and told him that she found another field where they were playing softball.  

Another coach found us, because his daughter’s team was moved to the complex as well, having two of our girls signed to his program already, he watched our game and was really thrilled with the Crush program and was further please with three juniors on the team.  So it wasn’t a total bust for us, but it would have been nice for the coaches to know where the girls were playing, especially when a team pays $500 or $600 to enter.

Some teams were trimmed down from 5 games to three and four games only, one team I spoke with from Austin, only had two games for the weekend.  Luckily enough they were able to gain two more for the weekend.

[/quote]

Hey MJ...hope you and AJ are doing well.  Bittersweet for me, Plano 2009 was the last time DD picked up a softball, but its all good.  That indoor sport is working out ok for her  ;D  I'm keeping up with how you guys are doing!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="910400" timestamp="1289884518"]
[quote author=mj-7 link=topic=76146.msg909953#msg909953 date=1289857541]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey MJ...hope you and AJ are doing well.  Bittersweet for me, Plano 2009 was the last time DD picked up a softball, but its all good.  That indoor sport is working out ok for her  ;D  I'm keeping up with how you guys are doing!
[/quote]

We are doing great and still enjoying the COLD weather sport of SB.  ;D I’ve been keeping up with Shannon on the BB side and we surely miss her playing SB, she is really a great talent in everything she does.

[/quote]

[/quote]
MJ, on your thoughts:
[list]
[*]You have to prove yourself and playup to the main fields. Sometimes it takes time but it does happen.
[*]The other thing is that you have to continually stay in contct with the coaches and tell them when and where you are playing. They have Blackberrys and such and will get your messages, even on the road, and will find you.
[*] Lastly keep your head up, It's never too late
[/list]

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="910956" timestamp="1289954712"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
MJ, on your thoughts:
[list]
[*]You have to prove yourself and playup to the main fields. Sometimes it takes time but it does happen.
[*]The other thing is that you have to continually stay in contct with the coaches and tell them when and where you are playing. They have Blackberrys and such and will get your messages, even on the road, and will find you.
[*] Lastly keep your head up, It's never too late
[/list]
[/quote]

• You are SOOOOOOOO right JT, as long as the girls keep playing the way they are, they will be fine.  

• Need internet service on the phones. Wonder if CC will let them use his Blackberry.  ;D

• This group of girls has a lot of chemistry together and hopefully they can keep it. They actually get along together pretty well.  

[/quote]

Was this the LaPorte Storm Gold team you are referring to?

[url=http://La Porte Storm Gold]http://laportestormgold.com/index.html[/url]

Just curious because my friend (#14) who plays on this team said that they won all four that they played this weekend games this weekend.

[quote name="rschuldt" post="910995" timestamp="1289957812"]
[/quote]

Was this the LaPorte Storm Gold team you are referring to?

[url=http://La Porte Storm Gold]http://laportestormgold.com/index.html[/url]

Just curious because my friend (#14) who plays on this team said that they won all four that they played this weekend games this weekend.
[/quote]

Sure looks like them, I recognize # 8 she was at 3rd and # 6 was pitching, blonde girl.  Had to go back and view the video camera.

We went to the first Elite Showcase this year and it was great.  Heard the weather was causing havoc at this one. 

Yes, I agree with Johnny, keep the coaches informed.  We even sent e-mails when we were in Colorado about DD's success and next thing you know...there was the coach at our next game.  So, e-mails buzzing their pockets is always good.

Guest shake and bake
CC has brought teams up there for the last few years and we have played on the ELITE fields in the past and done quite well. However you never know where you will end up. Last year GTS played on some of the no so good fields as well as OCBirdwell/Brown. I did talk to CC and he said the girls really played good and some got some good looks and some offers. Great JOB LADIES! I am just glad I did not have that LOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG drive home Sunday evening.

[quote name="shake and bake" post="911891" timestamp="1290050421"]
CC has brought teams up there for the last few years and we have played on the ELITE fields in the past and done quite well. However you never know where you will end up. Last year GTS played on some of the no so good fields as well as OCBirdwell/Brown. I did talk to CC and he said the girls really played good and some got some good looks and some offers. Great JOB LADIES! I am just glad I did not have that LOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG drive home Sunday evening.
[/quote]
Yes, I saw you sharing some stories with some folks Saturday, but had to hurry back with a blanket for someone.  ::)

Guest shake and bake
Wish I could have called some of Cody's teams games. I really love her passion for the game and her always under control of the umps ;D. But seriously she is GREAT with girls both young and old and I am glad she has come back to help with the youth of the area. The Golden Triangle is blessed to have several SB ladies come back home and help coach up the locals. LPARKER,CODYT,JESS are all doing good things and there will be more in the coming years to help bring it to another level.

[quote name="shake and bake" post="911923" timestamp="1290052541"]
Wish I could have called some of Cody's teams games. I really love her passion for the game and her always under control of the umps ;D. But seriously she is GREAT with girls both young and old and I am glad she has come back to help with the youth of the area. The Golden Triangle is blessed to have several SB ladies come back home and help coach up the locals. LPARKER,CODYT,JESS are all doing good things and there will be more in the coming years to help bring it to another level.
[/quote]

Cody is the WOMAN,  ;D I love hearing AJ coming home from practice and saying that she got to bat against Cody.  Cody is in awesome condition and she is making a difference with our girls batting against her pitching.  It don't get no better when you have a great pitching agaisnt your batters. ;)

Just going to be honest, and the haters can hate!

In the Elite Showcase Tourn. GTS teams have always had our games at either Heritage Yards or Craig Ranch (From the time we were 13yo). We have always had pretty good game times from the beginning, due to a previous relationship with Bandcroft and the up and coming powers in that organization. We have competed against them from 10U (won some lost some) all around the country, from Colorado to Oklahoma, Dallas, Houston, etc. Our schedule also consist of pretty good teams from year to year. We preach daily about our kids sending their own emails, however, Jimmie does an excellent job on following up. It also doesnt hurt that we have such a strong schedule that we feed off the coaches coming to see the more established teams.

Ronald McDonald.....Just this year we moved to Collins Park (main fields) for ALL our games, before this year all of or most of our games have been at Dyess Park. I must say this, sometimes its not to the advantage for a team to have MAIN field and PRIME times.....if you are honest with yourself, your players and parents......sometimes its worthless to waste your time playing in front of the entire SEC, Big 12, ACC , etc.....It may be better served to play where your players and schools match. If in some instances you have "A" player that has that kind of talent, she will be known about (through contacts) and they will come to where YOU are.

Just saying, I think sometimes to much emphesis is put on Fields!

You are the first team I have ever heard of that got moved up to the Collins Park fields.  May happen a bunch just the first I have ever heard of. 

I liked the following statement posted on the RM website, "Most new and 2nd year teams will play at smgsl."  I interupted that statement as if your new, your played at SMGSL, but if you were new, got connections and NOT from the State of Texas, then you would get one of the main ballparks. Maybe that is why folks have referred to them on here as the "Spring Klein Mafia." 

I have always liked how the Elite Showcase tournaments handle teams; everyone gets at least one game at the main ballpark.  My daughters' team played there for the first time back in October and got 3 games at Heritage Yards which I thought was very fair for a 16U team.  When we played at the other parks, very few colleges were there.  If a team had all 5 games there (like RM would have done) it would have been very disappointing.

Guest shake and bake
You always get a game or 2 at Heritage but last year talking to Trout they had to play somewhere out of the way. OC has had some games on F1 at heritage at premium times also. I did not go this year but CC was more upbeat then MJ about the Coach options. I am a fan of ALL the girls from the area and love to see them ALL do great things on and off the SB field.

At the Ronald McDonald, Hit Away played all 5 games at the main complex, last year and this year for sure. And the past 2 years played 2 games on field 1 at Plano, all the rest of their games were played at the main complex in Plano.  When the Plano teams play at the Ronald McDonald, they get a lot of games on the main fields. When our  area teams do play on the main pod, what game times do they get? I bet not very good ones.
Our area is out of the loop, I dont care who play with or for. Its sad that our area girls cant get some of the prime time. The girls from our area are just as tallented as the spring Klien girls, just not as many.
  Spring Klien and Plano Gets the gravy, every one else gets the scraps. Sad to say but that is the way it is.

[quote name="shake and bake" post="912467" timestamp="1290122651"]
You always get a game or 2 at Heritage [b]but last year talking to Trout they had to play somewhere out of the way.[/b] OC has had some games on F1 at heritage at premium times also. I did not go this year but CC was more upbeat then MJ about the Coach options. I am a fan of ALL the girls from the area and love to see them ALL do great things on and off the SB field.
[/quote]

Sorry Shake, you are correct. I missed one of the Plano tourn. last year, they did play ONE game in 5 years, 10 tourn. (50 games) on an "off" field!  ;)
However, my point remains the same, that ONE game did NOT affect our recruiting then or now!

Granted it would be nice to get all your games at the Premier site. But, as long as the players and coaches do their jobs correctly the Colleges will find you no matter what field you are at. We had coaches at each game except one and that was at Craig Ranch. Our girls got some good looks and we will make another trip or two back. The ELite Showcase people did the best they could with the schedule, remember they can't control the weather. Crush has always gotten usually 3 games at the premier site. This year we didn't, but it didn't effect getting coaches out to watch the games. The play of the girls will bring the coaches !

[quote name="bigcat" post="912558" timestamp="1290129556"]
At the Ronald McDonald, Hit Away played all 5 games at the main complex, last year and this year for sure. And the past 2 years played 2 games on field 1 at Plano, all the rest of their games were played at the main complex in Plano.  When the Plano teams play at the Ronald McDonald, they get a lot of games on the main fields. When our  area teams do play on the main pod, what game times do they get? I bet not very good ones.
Our area is out of the loop, I dont care who play with or for. Its sad that our area girls cant get some of the prime time. [b]The girls from our area are just as tallented as the spring Klien girls, just not as many. [/b]   Spring Klien and Plano Gets the gravy, every one else gets the scraps. Sad to say but that is the way it is.
[/quote]

And this is another of my points. If you only have 1 or 2 or even 3-4 kids that are "as good" as Spring Klein girls as you put it. Why play all of yur games in front of the Texas, LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma.....etc.......they arent good enough to go there, so why waste that valuable recruiting time.....get on a field with a time that schools more suited for the talent your team has.......Not saying the girls cant dream, just be realistic.....not everyone is DI, especially SEC, Big 12, ACC, Pac 10.....etc

Just for the record, Dyess Park over the last 3 years was a good fit for GTS, Lots of smaller DI schools mixed with DII, DIII, NAIA, and JUCO's....We did have some bigger DI schools come watch, mainly due to kids sending emails and Jimmie following up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder